dstock17
Zone 5

Re: Tube Olympics 2018: Schedule of events

Post by dstock17 »

Going Underground wrote: 01 Jan 2018, 22:13
dstock17 wrote: 07 Dec 2017, 20:55
DrainBrain wrote: 07 Dec 2017, 20:01
tangy wrote: 04 Dec 2017, 20:53 ...
All events marked as "evening" will commence between 18:00 and 18:30 local time.
ah ok didn't see that bit if it is 6.30pm could I suggest a central meeting point
Your "meeting point" will be either the staring station (Mouse) or your choice if this is not fixed (Nordic Combined + Tramlink) Can't really see any need for a central meet up?
So u can choose then start by yourself is there a end meet up as I only be up for day if can get a few hours off.
Only tube challenger to be number 1 in parkrun
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

dstock17 wrote: 02 Jan 2018, 12:34
Going Underground wrote: 01 Jan 2018, 22:13
dstock17 wrote: 07 Dec 2017, 20:55
DrainBrain wrote: 07 Dec 2017, 20:01
tangy wrote: 04 Dec 2017, 20:53 ...
All events marked as "evening" will commence between 18:00 and 18:30 local time.
ah ok didn't see that bit if it is 6.30pm could I suggest a central meeting point
Your "meeting point" will be either the staring station (Mouse) or your choice if this is not fixed (Nordic Combined + Tramlink) Can't really see any need for a central meet up?
So u can choose then start by yourself is there a end meet up as I only be up for day if can get a few hours off.
I was sure you did the Tramlink last time around? For that we normally meet in Croydon... And Nordic Combined part 2 is a pub quiz!!
The only rule is that you must start within the designated "window" and with the Nordic stop after an hour I think or thereabouts...
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

The TOSA here

--Biathlon. All challengers will meet in the first pub and start from there. The second and third pubs can be visited in any order. The fourth pub is fixed and all teams finish there.

--The Mouse will be started as per Zone 1 events, i.e. all challengers will start from the same station at the same time (but of course can choose which direction you depart on the first train after the start). Once finished we meet up at usual pub (Bricklayers Arms) for results.

--Tramlink. There will be no fixed start, challengers can choose their own start station and depart within a set time window. Once finished, there will be a fast food/pub meet for results.

--Nordic Combined. There is no fixed start for this either, but you only have 1 hour on the clock to visit as many unique stations as possible in ONE attempt. All challengers then meet back up again for a pub quiz. Points obtained from both parts of this challenge will then added together to give your total score.

Random 15 and Full Network need no explanation. Full details in the individual event pages which will appear about a month before the actual event.

Thanks.
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

tangy wrote: 02 Jan 2018, 21:21 The TOSA here

--Biathlon. All challengers will meet in the first pub and start from there. The second and third pubs can be visited in any order. The fourth pub is fixed and all teams finish there. - Unless the board is in use at the 4th pub you have the choice to blag your way on OR find an alternative final pub...

--Tramlink. There will be no fixed start, challengers can choose their own start station and depart within a set time window. Once finished, there will be a fast food/pub meet for results. - Suggest The George (Spoons) in Croydon?

Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

Going Underground wrote: 02 Jan 2018, 21:57 The TOSA here

--Biathlon. All challengers will meet in the first pub and start from there. The second and third pubs can be visited in any order. The fourth pub is fixed and all teams finish there. - Unless the board is in use at the 4th pub you have the choice to blag your way on OR find an alternative final pub...

--Tramlink. There will be no fixed start, challengers can choose their own start station and depart within a set time window. Once finished, there will be a fast food/pub meet for results. - Suggest The George (Spoons) in Croydon?
I am planning on making the first and fourth pubs for the Biathlon, The Bricklayers Arms and William IV- both of which have hosted these events before and I am usually able to reserve these in advance. Unsure yet which way round these will appear.
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

Here hoping that Paris will be selected for 2022 and why not.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

dstock17 wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 15:30 Here hoping that Paris will be selected for 2022 and why not.
:lol: :lol: Behave....
crypto
Zone 2

Post by crypto »

dstock17 wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 15:30 Here hoping that Paris will be selected for 2022 and why not.
I hope you like long white tiled corridors
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

Interesting as this wasn't an option previously on a full network can the night tube be used as Friday night is there a start time deadline Tosa