Triple Crown Day - 12th August

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
al
Zone 6

Re: Triple Crown Day - 8th July or 12th August

Post by al »

Elsie wrote: 05 Jul 2017, 22:30 Train booked but as I have to catch the 20.30 back (it was only £4 on Virgin sale!) I will be starting the Triple Crown run at 10am & my aim is to start & finish at Bank. I'll have to forego the football which will be annoying but I wanna this crazy 3 challenge idea!
Ooh, thanks for the heads up on the train fare, I've also booked for the 2030 home.

I think the challenge rules are to start between 1100 and 1200 though.
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.
Elsie
Zone 3

Post by Elsie »

I'll start bang on 11am then from Bank - but I'm gong to re-work my route so that I do the Bottle last. I can't afford to be stuck in the wilderness of the DLR/Tram network if I need to be back at Euston for 20:30!
Elsie
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

9 hours should be plenty of time anyway barring any major traumas like Woolwich Arsenal station catching fire! (Which shouldn't affect you anyway as I presume you won't be doing the Woolwich Arsenal - Lewisham link).

Just checking you're aware though that after discussion we agreed that people *don't* have to finish on the same network they started on.
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!
Elsie
Zone 3

Post by Elsie »

Hi Richard, thanks I knew that.

I like the idea of Starting and Ending at the same station, Bank to Bank with everything else in between! :)
Elsie
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

depending on the parkrun used i have my start and finish position. is edgeware rd bak and Marylebone inside the bottle I can never remember.
Only tube challenger to be number 1 in parkrun
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

dstock17 wrote: 06 Jul 2017, 12:13 is edgeware rd bak and Marylebone inside the bottle I can never remember.

They sure are...
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

that's great I got 4 killer runs in my route although I may reduce to 3.
Elsie
Zone 3

Post by Elsie »

dstock17 wrote: 06 Jul 2017, 19:16 that's great I got 4 killer runs in my route although I may reduce to 3.
Mine is 3, inc the Paddington-Paddington one I really hate!
Elsie
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

Paddington bak isn't inside the bottle is it?
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

As it's part of the same station as Paddington District/Circle, a visit to the Bak platforms counts as a visit to a Bottle station. i.e.you must visit either the Bak or District/Circle platforms, but there is no obligation to visit both unless you want to.

Paddington HCL is not a Bottle station, though can be visited if it makes life easier, but you would still need to use either the Bakerloo or Circle/District platforms at the other Paddington station.
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!
The Orange One
All Zones

Post by The Orange One »

It's just as well we didn't go for 8th July, I'd forgotten it was Pride that day!
All London buses: 23 hours 25 minutes (with Adham, David, Josh and Tangy)
Holds some alternative challenge records. Not sure which ones.
20½ Random 15 challenges: 01:58:48 best
That guy who runs those Twitter polls about tube stations and London Boroughs.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Elsie wrote: 05 Jul 2017, 22:30 Train booked but as I have to catch the 20.30 back (it was only £4 on Virgin sale!) I will be starting the Triple Crown run at 10am & my aim is to start & finish at Bank. I'll have to forego the football which will be annoying but I wanna this crazy 3 challenge idea!

I see your match is switched to Friday night now for TV coverage so an overnight stay in the smoke and you can still do both 8)

As for me gutted that I am having to miss out on a relatively local Exeter game at Swindon :(
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
al
Zone 6

Post by al »

Going Underground wrote: 08 Jul 2017, 13:34 As for me gutted that I am having to miss out on a relatively local Exeter game at Swindon :(
You obviously feel that the 4 hours or so it will take you to go to Swindon and watch the game from London will put you at a disadvantage? ;-)
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.
Elsie
Zone 3

Post by Elsie »

Going Underground wrote: 08 Jul 2017, 13:34

I see your match is switched to Friday night now for TV coverage so an overnight stay in the smoke and you can still do both 8)

As for me gutted that I am having to miss out on a relatively local Exeter game at Swindon :(
Just seen this. It's hard enough getting permission to come to London for a day. An overnight stay would be a huge no from she who must be obeyed. Besides, Ive already bought my Saturday tail tickets. I'll watch the game in the pub.
Elsie
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

al wrote: 08 Jul 2017, 14:36
Going Underground wrote: 08 Jul 2017, 13:34 As for me gutted that I am having to miss out on a relatively local Exeter game at Swindon :(
You obviously feel that the 4 hours or so it will take you to go to Swindon and watch the game from London will put you at a disadvantage? ;-)
That's a point so; parkrun / quick brekkie / complete 1st part of triple crown / dash off to football / back to complete the 2nd & 3rd parts :P Chances are that still might not come last with possible aborted attempts :lol: