Tube Olympics 2016: Event 5- Full Network

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
tufnellpark
Zone 3

Re: Tube Olympics 2016: Event 5- Full Network

Post by tufnellpark »

A very long day beginning in Chesham and finishing at Heathrow T5, accompanied by the xcooler. All went well apart from narrowly missing a couple of bus connections (meaning a couple of unscheduled runs) and a missing 307. I'm sure Tangy was to blame. After all he works at Enfield Garage. This meant the earlier Olympia train was out of the question but we hit the big O at 20:27 with 10 mins to spare for the 20:38 Kensington Olympia-Earls Court service.

Having been delayed by the Piccadilly line earlier in the day at Rayners Lane, when we reached Acton Town late evening we weren't surprised to see it in meltdown again. Long waits of 10mins at Acton Town and 14mins at Heathrow T123, combined with signalling problems on the District at Richmond added 20 mins to our expected time in the last hour. Final time was 17:26:05 and a leisurely train back to Central London. Slightly disappointed with the time but it was my third FNC completion and a good enough time for Olympic Gold.
London 16h:14m:10s Paris 13:23:33 Z1 02:57:53 Metrolink 05:53:25 Lands End to John O'Groats by bus 3d:8h:17m All the Stations 35d:10h:10m
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

tufnellpark wrote:A very long day beginning in Chesham and finishing at Heathrow T5, accompanied by the xcooler. All went well apart from narrowly missing a couple of bus connections (meaning a couple of unscheduled runs) and a missing 307. I'm sure Tangy was to blame. After all he works at Enfield Garage.
Arriva lost the 307 route (it was based at Enfield garage) last year- it is now based at Potters Bar with Metroline.
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Happy with my route and I reckon at least 30 mins could come of that time... There is no ELL now but incredible to think my time beat the GWR we got back in 2007 by just under 10 mins with a NW corner and back thrown in :shock:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold