Random 15 Championship 2015/16: Round 6

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
RJSRdg
All Zones

Re: Random 15 Championship 2015/16: Round 6

Post by RJSRdg »

Big thanks to Tangy from me as well for organising both the R15 and Tube Olympics. Looking forwards to the new season!

I knew my mistake at the start of missing Lancaster Gate and Bond Street would come back to bite me - I reckon we probably lost at least 20 minutes going back for them, so maybe it cost us a medal.
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Congrats Kevin it's about time u won the r15 championship now get that zone 1 next year
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:Congrats Kevin it's about time u won the r15 championship now get that zone 1 next year
Thanks Andi, it was a pleasant surprise especially missing a round due to illness.....

Now for the Champions choice twist round next season :twisted:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
The Orange One
All Zones

Post by The Orange One »

:twisted: ? I look forward to it then...

Anyway, congratulations to Kevin, and I look forward to next year!! At the end of which I intend not to lose in a first place draw for the third time in a row...
All London buses: 23 hours 25 minutes (with Adham, David, Josh and Tangy)
Holds some alternative challenge records. Not sure which ones.
20½ Random 15 challenges: 01:58:48 best
That guy who runs those Twitter polls about tube stations and London Boroughs.
palkanetoijala31

I now formally challenge the tangster to reveal all dates for random 15 championship 2016/17 in advance. this is to help all non londoners to actually attend more rounds if not all because of commitments but earlier knowledge means you can change dates to suit yourself getting off work etc.

Even if a poll goes up and the best dates are chosen even if people can't attend the maximum is possible and later dates can also be arranged cheaper train travel etc in advance.

I give tangy until end of July to respond to this request as I will be making formal challenge to organiser if response is not forthwiling.
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

You give him 4 days. When he's nit been on for a day. And hasn't even planned to. And probably doesn't know what he'll be doing, and when. Get real
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

COYR
The Orange One
All Zones

Post by The Orange One »

Tube Geek wrote:You give him 4 days. When he's nit been on for a day. And hasn't even planned to. And probably doesn't know what he'll be doing, and when. Get real
Tangy will come through.

Anyway, if we're talking dates:
- Round 2 is usually around November and is the Saturday after CiN
- Round 4 or 5 will probably be linked with the Comic Relief 2017
- Round 6 is the Saturday after Z1 Day, so end of half term

I'll get checking these. Round 3 is early to mid January and Round 1 is late September so I can at least generate a list of likelies for Tangy. The real question is whether Comic Relief round is round 4 or 5 and thus where to place the other one (I think having a July round 6 is probably not the best partly because of the heat and partly because it's often holiday time, as it was for me).
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

Tube Geek wrote:And hasn't even planned to.
How do you know what Tangy, or anyone else, is or isn't planning to do?!
Tube Geek wrote:And probably doesn't know what he'll be doing, and when.
The R15s are held on a pretty regular basis, therefore I don't see why it is that unreasonable for provisional dates to be decided considerably in advance. What Tangy, or anyone else, is or isn't doing on a given weekend is irrelevant - if the plan was to arrange dates where every tube challenger could attend, then there would be no R15s held at all!!

I do agree that Tangy should be given a bit longer than 4 days, but I think that having provisional dates ASAP can only be beneficial, to both London and non-London resident Tube Challengers. Feel free to argue with me given you obviously feel passionately about this...
The Orange One
All Zones

Post by The Orange One »

O, ye of little faith. Well, while there's been a lot of discussion over his competency, I have some ideas for Tangy to consider.

Round 1: Keeping with the late September theme, September 24th looks like a good idea. The 17th would be another option (the 3rd and 10th are IMO too early) - I'd rather not because that is Open House weekend, but I am not the organiser.

Round 2: Children in Need is the 18th of November, and given that many tube challengers plus a film crew will be around, the 19th of November would be helpful.

Round 3: Saturdays in January are the 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th. December is too early, I reckon. January 7th or 14th, I think?

Round 4/5: Red Nose Day 2017 is the 24th of March, so the 25th of March looks plausible. As for the other one, Tangy should really decide whether to hold it before or after.

Round 6: In keeping with end of half term tradition, this looks to be 3rd of June.

Feedback on these, please.
palkanetoijala31

Tube Geek wrote:You give him 4 days. When he's nit been on for a day. And hasn't even planned to. And probably doesn't know what he'll be doing, and when. Get real
Get real says the person in his signature that he never achieve. I find that an ultimatium works wonders to kick start people tangy has been lacksadical in past.
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

If any challenger knows a date they definitely CANNOT attend (football, weddings, holidays etc.), then please tell me now. This will make it easier to select dates most will be able to attend.

The first three rounds of next season will be held in September 2016, November 2016 and January 2017.

Round 2, November 2016 fixture will co-ordinate with the annual Children in Need day (hence 19th November).

Round 3, January 2017 fixture, will as usual be the first or second Saturday in the month (so 7th or 14th).

Round 6 will always be the Saturday after the late May BH weekend, to co-ordinate with the Zone 1 Challenge Cup (which looks likely to be 3rd June 2017).

The July fixture for last season was only to co-ordinate with Tube Olympics. The traditional end of the Random 15 season will be restored to the June fixture after Zone 1 Challenge Cup day (as above).

Hope this will assist some members. Further news of fixtures for the other rounds in the 2016/17 season to follow.
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
hopeful traveller
All Zones

Post by hopeful traveller »

If the first round could be as early as possible as I would (touch wood) be leaving for University halfway through September... #LastHurrah
1 FNC Completion (PB: 17:18:18 with G Bryant, A Chilcraft, I MacNaughton)
4 Zone Ones (PB: 03:00:35 with G Bryant)
15 R15s (PB: 01:55:48 with T Cooling and R Jackson)
11 All Lines (PB: 00:44:03)
Winner of the 2014 Formula 1 Side Competition
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

tangy wrote:If any challenger knows a date they definitely CANNOT attend (football, weddings, holidays etc.), then please tell me now. This will make it easier to select dates most will be able to attend.

The first three rounds of next season will be held in September 2016, November 2016 and January 2017.

Round 2, November 2016 fixture will co-ordinate with the annual Children in Need day (hence 19th November).

Round 3, January 2017 fixture, will as usual be the first or second Saturday in the month (so 7th or 14th).

Round 6 will always be the Saturday after the late May BH weekend, to co-ordinate with the Zone 1 Challenge Cup (which looks likely to be 3rd June 2017).

The July fixture for last season was only to co-ordinate with Tube Olympics. The traditional end of the Random 15 season will be restored to the June fixture after Zone 1 Challenge Cup day (as above).

Hope this will assist some members. Further news of fixtures for the other rounds in the 2016/17 season to follow.
10th September isn't ideal, I could come but would likely be after parkrun. As Milton Keynes parkrun is cancelled that day big numbers could be expected at Linford Wood, therefore I'm likely to be run directing that day.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
The Orange One
All Zones

Post by The Orange One »

hopeful traveller wrote:If the first round could be as early as possible as I would (touch wood) be leaving for University halfway through September... #LastHurrah
We'll make sure to have all your favourite stations, including loads on the District Line. And London City Airport, and West Hampstead, and New Cross, and Clapton :lol:
palkanetoijala31

tractakid wrote:
tangy wrote:If any challenger knows a date they definitely CANNOT attend (football, weddings, holidays etc.), then please tell me now. This will make it easier to select dates most will be able to attend.

10th September isn't ideal, I could come but would likely be after parkrun. As Milton Keynes parkrun is cancelled that day big numbers could be expected at Linford Wood, therefore I'm likely to be run directing that day.
Already the excuses come out that's why I said at least the dates have to be published put up a poll tangy and we have dates for round 4 and 5 by round 2