Random 15 Championship 2015/16: Round 6

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
RJSRdg
All Zones

Re: Random 15 Championship 2015/16: Round 6

Post by RJSRdg »

10th & 17th September look clear for me so far. 24th clashes with a local model railway exhibition I usually support as they support the exhibition I put on.

November is full for me.

14th and 21st January are currently clear for me. 7th clashes with the Maidenhead exhibition though this year I managed to get to the exhibition and still get up to Stratford International in time for the R15!

No idea beyond that as yet, but should be able to keep Round 6 clear.

Richard
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!
quisquidillius
Zone 3

Post by quisquidillius »

I intend to come to as many of these as possible, along with my three friends (although not all of them might be able to make them all).

24th September works for me as Round 1. Unless it starts after at least 1:30pm, I can't see other dates working.
19th November is perfect for me as Round 2, I shall almost certainly get to this one.
7th of January works, 14 does not (school).

I can make the 3rd June, I think. Not the week after though.
Zone 1 Challenge (Olympics 2016): 3:44:31.67 - we were very unlucky indeed!
South London Challenge (Summer 2016): 1:58:40 - going to try again soon!
All Lines Challenge (August 2016): 44:38 - happy with this ... For now!
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

Tangy you are not going to be able to please everybody as can been seen from the previous posts. So just pick the dates and its upto everybody to either clear the date or not attend.
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

nozzacook wrote:Tangy you are not going to be able to please everybody as can been seen from the previous posts. So just pick the dates and its upto everybody to either clear the date or not attend.
Perfect answer
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

nozzacook wrote:Tangy you are not going to be able to please everybody as can been seen from the previous posts. So just pick the dates and its upto everybody to either clear the date or not attend.
I totally agree, whatever dates I propose there is bound to be some objections! There will never be one date that fits all. I cannot please everyone...

However with the "best five from six" scoring still in force, if you miss one round you will not have to drop any points from your total at the end of the season.
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
palkanetoijala31

Can we start having a provisional dates for round 1 and 3 then by round 2 we could have dates round 4 and 5 then. I totally agree about the set date it's not always going to favour everyone but work dates u can swap,tour dates or supporting football u can miss if want too. Even the cyincal schoolboys can get their mummy,s to come with them.
palkanetoijala31

Can we start having a provisional dates for round 1 and 3 then by round 2 we could have dates round 4 and 5 then. I totally agree about the set date it's not always going to favour everyone but work dates u can swap,tour dates or supporting football u can miss if want too. Even the cyincal schoolboys can get their mummy,s to come with them.
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

tangy wrote:
I totally agree, whatever dates I propose there is bound to be some objections! There will never be one date that fits all. I cannot please everyone...

However with the "best five from six" scoring still in force, if you miss one round you will not have to drop any points from your total at the end of the season.
Which reminds me - I've put together an Excel spreadsheet which does the summing up and removing of the worst round automatically (that seemed to take quite a bit of time last weekend!) if it's any use.
hopeful traveller
All Zones

Post by hopeful traveller »

RJSRdg wrote:
tangy wrote:

Which reminds me - I've put together an Excel spreadsheet which does the summing up and removing of the worst round automatically (that seemed to take quite a bit of time last weekend!) if it's any use.
Quite easy really...

=(SUM(C2:H2))-(SMALL(C2:H2,1))
1 FNC Completion (PB: 17:18:18 with G Bryant, A Chilcraft, I MacNaughton)
4 Zone Ones (PB: 03:00:35 with G Bryant)
15 R15s (PB: 01:55:48 with T Cooling and R Jackson)
11 All Lines (PB: 00:44:03)
Winner of the 2014 Formula 1 Side Competition
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

Just to round off the 2015/16 season, I was clearing out my rucksack this afternoon and what did I find? That's right - a one day Travelcard from Reading dated 23rd July - the one I couldn't find at Bank station! Of course it would have been nice if I'd found it before I spent £12 buying a new 1-6 Travelcard at Bank and another £12 buying a single from Paddington to Reading to replace a ticket which only cost £15 all in...
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

RJSRdg wrote:Just to round off the 2015/16 season, I was clearing out my rucksack this afternoon and what did I find? That's right - a one day Travelcard from Reading dated 23rd July - the one I couldn't find at Bank station! Of course it would have been nice if I'd found it before I spent £12 buying a new 1-6 Travelcard at Bank and another £12 buying a single from Paddington to Reading to replace a ticket which only cost £15 all in...
I've been known to lose an entire wallet on a tube challenge before.

I'm lying.

It was just after I had finished while I was eating McFlurry at Bond Street.

I've lost a ticket on another occasion too.

I've lost pens, stopwatches, but never my phone.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

I lost a printout of my 16:14 theory route on the Central Line once during a recce run. Fortunately I was able to access an electronic copy via my phone, but it didn't make much difference as I managed to miss a Hainault train and ended up losing way too much time. However I was slightly fearful that just by chance a different member of the Forum (nobody in particular) might find it and put it into practice before I did!