Tube Olympics 2016: Event 3- Zone 1 Challenge

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
tangy
Site Administrator

Re: Tube Olympics 2016: Event 3- Zone 1 Challenge

Post by tangy »

greatkingrat wrote:No, you should have added 3 minutes as well as you reset your watch, which I think makes your time 3:04:04, which doesn't actually affect the result though.
I started on the 18:33:24 train, during the journey between ECT and Bayswater when Kevin and Andrew discussed this, it was decided when their stopwatch reached 10 minutes, I reset the clock back to zero (thus added on 10 minutes to my finish time) hence 03:00:58. So should I not have the three minutes and six seconds regained, which was lost at the reset?

I want the times accurate before I publish them on Explorer Ticket.
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

You didn't lose three minutes at the reset, you gained three minutes. As you reset your watch to match Kevin and Andrew, then your original time of 3:00:58 will have been based on an 1836 start. So to calculate the time based on a 1833 start you need to add the three minutes back on, giving 3:04:04.

Just to confuse things further, for Explorer Ticket, you don't need to adjust the times as for world record purposes you can start on any train you like.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

greatkingrat wrote:You didn't lose three minutes at the reset, you gained three minutes. As you reset your watch to match Kevin and Andrew, then your original time of 3:00:58 will have been based on an 1836 start. So to calculate the time based on a 1833 start you need to add the three minutes back on, giving 3:04:04.

Just to confuse things further, for Explorer Ticket, you don't need to adjust the times as for world record purposes you can start on any train you like.
Thanks for clarifying, all makes sense now. Edited my earlier post with the correct timings for me and Das.
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

Tangy.
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

Not that it makes any difference, but my time should have been increased as well as I caught the later train too. (In my case, having heard Tangy's dispensation at HPC, I decided not to crush the already tightly-packed commuters any further and wait for a slightly less-crushed train - after all we were only travelling for 'fun'!)

The only people whose times shouldn't be increased are anyone who boarded the first train but did not re-set their watch.
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

RJSRdg wrote:Not that it makes any difference, but my time should have been increased as well as I caught the later train too. (In my case, having heard Tangy's dispensation at HPC, I decided not to crush the already tightly-packed commuters any further and wait for a slightly less-crushed train - after all we were only travelling for 'fun'!)

The only people whose times shouldn't be increased are anyone who boarded the first train but did not re-set their watch.
I will add 3 minutes 6 seconds to your "Olympic" time, but your original time can still be used for Explorer Ticket as a "personal" zone 1 time.

Tangy.
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

My ExplorerTicket time would be 3:29:15 as I doubled back at Knightsbridge.
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!