Random 15 Championship: Round 4

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
The Orange One
All Zones

Re: Random 15 Championship: Round 4

Post by The Orange One »

tangy wrote:Thank you all for attending and round 5 will be held on Saturday 4th June 2016, it will be an Overground included twist round with an unconventional start.
Unconventional start... Tangy wants a lie in and we're starting at Walthamstow Central, aren't we.
All London buses: 23 hours 25 minutes (with Adham, David, Josh and Tangy)
Holds some alternative challenge records. Not sure which ones.
20½ Random 15 challenges: 01:58:48 best
That guy who runs those Twitter polls about tube stations and London Boroughs.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

The fortunate winning route, having waved goodbye through the window being a train down on most of the teams :P

Kings X
Baker St
Swiss Cottage
Baker St
Queens Park run to;
Westbourne Park
Edgware Rd
Bayswater run to;
Queensway (Lucky that lift at top and we dived straight onto closing doors on Central Line following a good and late decision not to stay on until NHG)
Bank
DLR to Shadwell
LO to Canada Water
London Bridge
Stockwell
Pimilco

Not major delays so was lucky to be in right places at the right times....
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Sarnian
Zone 1

Post by Sarnian »

Going Underground wrote:Firstly I have to say that is a pretty solid and sensible route I assume you changed at Stockwell (not mentioned) or ran Oval to Vauxhall? And when myself and A2 had finished I did suggest that was probably a better way than we ha approached it...
Yeah, we changed at Stockwell. I've edited my post.
Well done on the darts, your throw was looking pretty good tonight :)
Thanks! :)
Going Underground wrote:The fortunate winning route, having waved goodbye through the window being a train down on most of the teams :P

Kings X
Baker St
Swiss Cottage
Baker St
Queens Park run to;
Westbourne Park
Edgware Rd
Bayswater run to;
Queensway (Lucky that lift at top and we dived straight onto closing doors on Central Line following a good and late decision not to stay on until NHG)
Bank
DLR to Shadwell
LO to Canada Water
London Bridge
Stockwell
Pimilco

Not major delays so was lucky to be in right places at the right times....
Interesting that you changed at KX and Baker Street to get to Swiss Cottage. I would have thought that changing at Oxford Circus (and Baker Street) would be better, as you don't have to change between sub-surface and deep-level twice. Especially with the Met being up, so a lower frequency on the north side of the Circle line.
Next station: Jurong East. Cross over to platform D for train service towards Woodlands and Ang Mo Kio.
All Lines PB: 41:02 Zone 1 PB: 2:52:43
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Sarnian wrote:
Interesting that you changed at KX and Baker Street to get to Swiss Cottage. I would have thought that changing at Oxford Circus (and Baker Street) would be better, as you don't have to change between sub-surface and deep-level twice. Especially with the Met being up, so a lower frequency on the north side of the Circle line.
I suppose lack of thinking time being as we had one stop to make a decision was the factor!
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
DrainBrain
Zone 6

Post by DrainBrain »

Going Underground wrote:
Sarnian wrote:
I suppose lack of thinking time being as we had one stop to make a decision was the factor!
No, that's not it. You go via KX and Baker Street because Great Portland Street is on the list, surely.
Royal Oak to Bethnal Green in 333 days
Heathrow Terminal 4 to Amersham in 17 hours, 42 minutes and 22 seconds
Sarnian
Zone 1

Post by Sarnian »

Oh. Yeah :oops:
Next station: Jurong East. Cross over to platform D for train service towards Woodlands and Ang Mo Kio.
All Lines PB: 41:02 Zone 1 PB: 2:52:43
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

LOL yeah that was it :lol:
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

All times are now on Explorer Ticket at http://www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubecha ... ndom15.htm

This Random 15 league table is getting very long now, with 350 entries on it!
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

DrainBrain wrote:No, that's not it. You go via KX and Baker Street because Great Portland Street is on the list, surely.
amazing! :)
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

My route

Highbury & Islington :arrow: King's Cross St Pancras :arrow: Holborn :arrow: Bank :arrow: London Bridge :arrow: Canada Water :arrow: London Bridge :arrow: Stockwell :arrow: Warren Street :arrow: run to Great Portland Street :arrow: Baker Street :arrow: Swiss Cottage :arrow: Bond Street :arrow: Queensway :arrow: run to Bayswater :arrow: Edgware Road :arrow: Westbourne Park :arrow: run to Queens Park :arrow: Kilburn Park

All went well up to Bayswater when I had a 6 minute wait, then just missed a train at Edgware Road and had another 9 minute wait.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

Steve & I

Highbury & Islington :arrow: King's Cross St. Pancras :arrow: Holborn :arrow: Bank :arrow: Shadwell :arrow: Canada Water :arrow: London Bridge :arrow: Stockwell :arrow: Warren Street :arrow: bus to Great Portland Street :arrow: Baker Street :arrow: Swiss Cottage :arrow: run to South Hampstead :arrow: Queens Park :arrow: Kilburn Park :arrow: bus to Westbourne Park :arrow: Edgware Road :arrow: Bayswater :arrow: run to Queensway :arrow: Marble Arch.

The only victory was being first back to the pub! (bar Myles)
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
The Raven
All Zones

Post by The Raven »

H&I :arrow: KXSP :arrow: Whitechapel :arrow: Canada Water :arrow: London Bridge :arrow: Stockwell :arrow: Oxford Circus :arrow: Queensway :arrow: Bayswater :arrow: Edgware Road (Dis) :arrow: Westbourne Park :arrow: Paddington (H&C) :arrow: Paddington (Bak) :arrow: Queen's Park :arrow: South Hampstead :arrow: Swiss Cottage :arrow: Baker Street :arrow: KXSP :arrow: Holborn :arrow: St. Paul's
Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

The Orange One wrote:
tangy wrote:Thank you all for attending and round 5 will be held on Saturday 4th June 2016, it will be an Overground included twist round with an unconventional start.
Unconventional start... Tangy wants a lie in and we're starting at Walthamstow Central, aren't we.
I was think that it might be Wathamstow Queen's Road, and then I realised it couldn't be as its shut.

I then realised it could be and the fact it is closed is what makes it unconventional!
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000
The Orange One
All Zones

Post by The Orange One »

Oh, if we can start at closed stations, perhaps it'll be a Holland Park start... or maybe not; we've had enough of that with the Tufnell Park Challenge.

Perhaps we'll start in the middle of Burgess Park and have to trek out to a train station. Perhaps we start at the top of the Fire Monument. Perhaps we do one of Rhys Benjamin's suggested twists and start at Rayners Lane. Perhaps we start on the Dangleway. Perhaps we start at a station that isn't one of the 15. We don't know. We know only that Tangy will keep us hanging until the last moment.
All London buses: 23 hours 25 minutes (with Adham, David, Josh and Tangy)
Holds some alternative challenge records. Not sure which ones.
20½ Random 15 challenges: 01:58:48 best
That guy who runs those Twitter polls about tube stations and London Boroughs.
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

I reckon you'll have to start at Crystal Palace, and yet none of the 15 will be on the Overground. Or Battersea Park! :D
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

COYR