Labyrinth "Full Network Challenge"

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Re: Labyrinth "Full Network Challenge"

Post by Tube Geek »

A Challenge wrote:
michael_churchill wrote:Now I discover that number 65, Lambeth North is closed until February!

Definitely doing a pass through, at both Paddington and Lambeth North.
Will you be getting off and going to the closest possible spot (busses to Lambeth North as well as a pass through without counting either Waterloo or Elephant and Castle) or just a pass through.

Also, does anyone know when Paddington Bakerloo reopens?
Presumably he'll just pass through the station, as he still won't be able to get a photo of the Labyrinth!

It should re-open mid-August, but don't bank on it!
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

COYR
michael_churchill
Zone 6

Post by michael_churchill »

A Challenge wrote:
michael_churchill wrote:Now I discover that number 65, Lambeth North is closed until February!

Definitely doing a pass through, at both Paddington and Lambeth North.
Will you be getting off and going to the closest possible spot (busses to Lambeth North as well as a pass through without counting either Waterloo or Elephant and Castle) or just a pass through.

Also, does anyone know when Paddington Bakerloo reopens?
I was planning to stop at Paddington Praed Street (Bakerloo/Circle/District), since the station is still open, it's just that the labyrinth is inaccessible due to the Bakerloo works. However, Lambeth North is closing completely. So now I'm going to just stay on the Bakerloo from Warwick Avenue to Edgware Road and from Waterloo to Elephant & Castle, and come back at a later date to photograph the labyrinth.

The original TfL press release I read said that Paddington would reopen in time for the Notting Hill Carnival which is the end of August. I don't know why that is an important deadline. Is the Bakerloo particularly busy during the carnival? Or is the whole network generally busy then?
michael_churchill
Zone 6

I'm in London this weekend, for the first of the NFL games at Wembley on Sunday. I'll be doing some Labyrinth Challenge on Saturday and Monday, planning to get as far as number 175 Goodge Street. On Sunday morning, I'm having a go at the bottle challenge. I'll be live tweeting @diamond_tittle.

By the way, on Saturday, Regent Street is being closed off for the NFL, between Oxford Circus and Piccadilly Circus.
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

Lol typical that the one that marked 100 to go wasn't accessible!
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

COYR
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

Why is that "typical", or any more so than any of the other inaccessible ones?
michael_churchill
Zone 6

I get my locations from geofftech's list on his web site. There's always the possibility that they've moved, but the issues were:

Earl's Court just seems to have disappeared. Just inside the gateline of the main entrance, there are some offices to the left as you approach the stairs. There is just a discoloured square where the labyrinth once was.

Leytonstone still has the frame but it's empty. After a bit of googling, it has allegedly been stolen!

Epping's is on platform 1, but the footbridge is closed.

My information is that Finsbury Park's is at the top of the stairs down to the northbound platforms. There are two stairs, but one is closed, and I couldn't find it on the other.

After the event I went to https://tfl.gov.uk/tube-dlr-overground/ ... ons-status which would have led me to https://tfl.gov.uk/travel-information/i ... sbury-park if I had checked. Couldn't find anything about Epping's footbridge though.
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

You can exit Epping station and walk to the other platform outside of the station. It takes longer but it's still pretty quick
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
michael_churchill
Zone 6

Iain wrote:You can exit Epping station and walk to the other platform outside of the station. It takes longer but it's still pretty quick
Damn! Didn't know that. I assumed that trains were only operating in and out of platform 2.
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

I actually wasn't quite sure what was shut - there's a second footbridge so you can cross the track without entering the station, which would only add seconds, but even if that's shut too then you can do it b road - just keep turning left! Maybe 4-5 minutes?
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
michael_churchill
Zone 6

I'm in London for another NFL game this weekend - my first visit to Twickenham! I'll be doing some Labyrinth Challenge on Saturday from Goodge Street, via Edgware, Canons Park, Stanmore and Baker Street to Euston Square which is as far as possible due to weekend engineering. Then continuing on Monday via Moorgate, Mill Hill East, High Barnet and Cockfosters to number 235 South Kensington. Which will leave one day necessary next weekend to finish the challenge! (Except for the ones I had to miss)
Live tweeting @diamond_tittle, as before!
michael_churchill
Zone 6

This weekend, I'm back in London for the third and final NFL game of the year at Wembley. This weekend's engineering works prevent completion of my Labyrinth Challenge so I'll be looking to visit the final 35 stations on Monday. That's South Kensington-Edgware Road-Hammersmith-West Kensington-Richmond-Gunnersbury-Chiswick Park-Acton Town-Heathrow. I'll be attempting the Alphabet Challenge on Saturday. Live tweeting @diamond_tittle, again.
quisquidillius
Zone 3

Post by quisquidillius »

michael_churchill wrote:I'll be attempting the Alphabet Challenge on Saturday.
How did it go?
Zone 1 Challenge (Olympics 2016): 3:44:31.67 - we were very unlucky indeed!
South London Challenge (Summer 2016): 1:58:40 - going to try again soon!
All Lines Challenge (August 2016): 44:38 - happy with this ... For now!