Labyrinth "Full Network Challenge"

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
michael_churchill
Zone 6

Re: Labyrinth "Full Network Challenge"

Post by michael_churchill »

quisquidillius wrote:
michael_churchill wrote:I'll be attempting the Alphabet Challenge on Saturday.
How did it go?
I don't have the details to hand, but it was about 5 hr 22 min. Everything was going quite well (I think) until there was a defective train on the eastbound Central line. Oxford Circus to Bank took 26 minutes instead of a timetabled 9 minutes. If not for that I should have been around 5:04 or 5:05. We were held at Tottenham Court Road - I considered abandoning that train but St. Paul's was going to be my S. Weirdly the driver announced that there was a defective train ahead (which makes sense) but the service updates I heard later mentioned "an earlier problem at White City".
Last edited by michael_churchill on 01 Nov 2016, 14:12, edited 1 time in total.
michael_churchill
Zone 6

Leg 9 on Monday : http://diamondtittle.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... o-270.html

Challenge completed! (sort of)
A total elapsed time of 39 hr 36 min 23 sec over 407.23 km of rails, an average speed of 10.28 kph. Over a period of 267 days.
I've now been to every station, indeed I've either stepped onto or off of a tube train (in most cases both) at every station.
So what now? Eventually go back to photograph the ones that were missing for one thing.
Last edited by michael_churchill on 02 Nov 2016, 11:57, edited 2 times in total.
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

michael_churchill wrote:Leg 9 on Monday : http://diamondtittle.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... o-270.html

A total elapsed time of 36 hr 26 min 40 sec over 407.23 km of rails, an average speed of 11.17 kph. Over a period of 267 days.
I've now been to every station, indeed I've either stepped onto or off of a tube train (in most cases both) at every station.
So what now? Eventually go back to photograph the ones that were missing for one thing.
Should have done it 3 days later for 1 per day!
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

COYR
michael_churchill
Zone 6

Tube Geek wrote:
michael_churchill wrote:Leg 9 on Monday : http://diamondtittle.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... o-270.html

A total elapsed time of 36 hr 26 min 40 sec over 407.23 km of rails, an average speed of 11.17 kph. Over a period of 267 days.
Should have done it 3 days later for 1 per day!
I did notice that (almost) numerical coincidence. One coincidence that did happen is that I came out of number 186 Edgware and caught a 186 bus to Canons Park.

I've also corrected my post. I missed out a whole leg totalling up the times!
The Orange One
All Zones

Post by The Orange One »

michael_churchill wrote:
Tube Geek wrote:
michael_churchill wrote:I did notice that (almost) numerical coincidence. One coincidence that did happen is that I came out of number 186 Edgware and caught a 186 bus to Canons Park.
I wonder how many times you can catch bus number X from Labyrinth station number X?

Actually, I'm working on that one:
- The 1 calls at Chesham
- The 137 calls at Bond Street
- The 150 calls at Gants Hill
- The 186 calls at Edgware
- The 205 calls at Old Street

There are some annoyingly close calls, too - the 100, 183, 210 and 221 come to mind, for example...
All London buses: 23 hours 25 minutes (with Adham, David, Josh and Tangy)
Holds some alternative challenge records. Not sure which ones.
20½ Random 15 challenges: 01:58:48 best
That guy who runs those Twitter polls about tube stations and London Boroughs.
michael_churchill
Zone 6

So, I see from ianVisits that two new labyrinths were unveiled yesterday (Wednesday 18 October) at the two stations that weren't open when the original 270 were installed. Interestingly, as they are on the branch coming from Kennington (#110), Nine Elms is labelled "110a/270" and Battersea Power Station "110b/270". I shall be in London on Saturday 28 October, so I hope to tick them off then. I'll also try to see if they've used this opportunity to secretly fix Kennington's.
Golf
Zone 4

Post by Golf »

ooh that interesting i must go and see and take photos
5 time london underground record holder
1 time new york record holder
1 time berlin record holder (not ratified by guinness)
1 time paris record holder
zone 1 winner 2009,2012,2023
random 15 championship winner twice
tube olympic winner once
michael_churchill
Zone 6

I now have a new post on my blog.
For your information, Nine Elms (110a/270) is at street level just inside the gate line and Battersea Power Station (110b/270) is at ticket hall level outside the gate line. In fact, it is on the wall below the kinetic sculpture "Sunset, Sunrise, Sunset" by Alexandre da Cunha, which is possibly the only example of two Art on the Underground installations on the same wall.