Tube Olympics 2016 (Summer Games)

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
palkanetoijala31

Re: Tube Olympics 2016 (Summer Games)

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

I have decided to do zone 1 and start at the original if ur allowed to start where u like?.
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

Tangy posted back in January that:

"As other have already said (and to keep the events in line with 2012), the Bottle and Zone 1 challenges will be a fixed start from a nominated station (the same format as used at the annual Zone 1 event)."

Richard
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

RJSRdg wrote:Tangy posted back in January that:

"As other have already said (and to keep the events in line with 2012), the Bottle and Zone 1 challenges will be a fixed start from a nominated station (the same format as used at the annual Zone 1 event)."

Richard
It be nice if the tosa effing posted up to date information like I asked him too in thread.
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:Also is possible to have a start meet up or time for the zone 1 event only because ac films will be filming this challenge as part of their film.
The start station for zone 1 will be picked at random out of a bucket by the winner of the Bottle Challenge on Friday 8th July, the zone 1 event will be commencing between 18:00 and 18:30 UK local time.

Therefore a definitive answer will be posted after the Bottle Challenge.
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:Also what's the plan for Paddington same as zone 1 day come on tosa give us some answers
As many challengers are aware Paddington (Praed Street) has the Bakerloo platforms temporary closed for refurbishment. As the usual rules of both the Bottle and Zone 1 Challenges will be in force for Tube Olympics (see relevant page on Explorer Ticket), this will have the effect that to visit Paddington (Praed Street) "legally" you can only do so on the Circle/District line platforms.

This will affect both the Bottle Challenge on 8th July and Zone 1 on Wednesday 13th July. Please plan your route carefully in consideration to the above.

Bottle Challenge rules: http://www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubecha ... erules.htm
Zone 1 Challenge rules: http://www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubecha ... 1rules.htm
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

Tangy.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

When can we expect starting station and details for the Bottle as this is less than a week away now? Thanks...
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

tangy wrote:The start station for zone 1 will be picked at random out of a bucket by the winner of the Bottle Challenge on Friday 8th July, the zone 1 event will be commencing between 18:00 and 18:30 UK local time.

Therefore a definitive answer will be posted after the Bottle Challenge.
Change of plan, the start station for Tube Olympics Zone 1 is now fixed as HPK (Hyde Park Corner)- as Hyde Park was used as a real Olympic venue in 2012.

Not to renegade on my promises, the winner of the Bottle Challenge on Friday will now choose the start station for the Tube Olympics Random 15 event.

Tangy.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

tangy wrote:the zone 1 event will be commencing between 18:00 and 18:30 UK local time.
Could I suggest 18:30 or even 19:00 as 18:00 will be very busy....

I seem to recall that we started the last evening Z1 for Tube Olympics from TCR at 18:30hrs and we could hardly get on the first train departing (The one that steeevooo arrived on :P )
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
michael_churchill
Zone 6

Post by michael_churchill »

tangy wrote:Change of plan, the start station for Tube Olympics Zone 1 is now fixed as HPK (Hyde Park Corner)- as Hyde Park was used as a real Olympic venue in 2012.
If that's your logic, why not Earl's Court? :wink:
Tube Geek
The Twilight Zone

Post by Tube Geek »

michael_churchill wrote:
tangy wrote:Change of plan, the start station for Tube Olympics Zone 1 is now fixed as HPC (Hyde Park Corner)- as Hyde Park was used as a real Olympic venue in 2012.
If that's your logic, why not Earl's Court? :wink:
Or Stratford, and you have to make your way into Z1
Personal Best - 264 Stations in 19 hours 37 minutes.

COYR
michael_churchill
Zone 6

For anybody on the Tube Olympics Full Network Challenge on Friday 22 July, I shall be in town doing leg 3 of my Labyrinth challenge. If times coincide I would be willing to help, support or encourage.

I'll be doing the following section : Starting at 11:00 at Preston Road, then Metropolitan to Northwick Park, walk to Kenton, Bakerloo to Harrow & Wealdstone then Warwick Avenue, walk to Paddington, Circle or District to that Edgware Road, walk to the other Edgware Road, Bakerloo to Elephant & Castle, Northern to London Bridge, Jubilee to Southwark then West Ham, finishing at 14:45ish. I'll then be in that area until the athletics start at the Olympic Stadium at 20:00.

Also, since I take all my photos with my iPhone, I'm going to try live-tweeting my progress (@diamond_tittle), internet connectivity permitting. I'll retweet any progress updates.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

michael_churchill wrote:For anybody on the Tube Olympics Full Network Challenge on Friday 22 July, I shall be in town doing leg 3 of my Labyrinth challenge. If times coincide I would be willing to help, support or encourage.

I'll be doing the following section : Starting at 11:00 at Preston Road, then Metropolitan to Northwick Park, walk to Kenton, Bakerloo to Harrow & Wealdstone then Warwick Avenue, walk to Paddington, Circle or District to that Edgware Road, walk to the other Edgware Road, Bakerloo to Elephant & Castle, Northern to London Bridge, Jubilee to Southwark then West Ham, finishing at 14:45ish. I'll then be in that area until the athletics start at the Olympic Stadium at 20:00.

Also, since I take all my photos with my iPhone, I'm going to try live-tweeting my progress (@diamond_tittle), internet connectivity permitting. I'll retweet any progress updates.
Greetings

I am probably having to do the full network solo so I will PM my mobile no. as support or food/water drop would certainly be appreciated if at all possible....
1100 I should be leaving E & C to head to Marylebone then on 1127 Chiltern to NW Corner
Due at Moorgate at 1450 hrs heading upto Amy Winehouse then back and over to Edgware and then don to Bond Street at around 1825 to head out to Woodford for 1920 ish arrival......
michael_churchill
Zone 6

Going Underground wrote:
Greetings

I am probably having to do the full network solo so I will PM my mobile no. as support or food/water drop would certainly be appreciated if at all possible....
1100 I should be leaving E & C to head to Marylebone then on 1127 Chiltern to NW Corner
Due at Moorgate at 1450 hrs heading upto Amy Winehouse then back and over to Edgware and then don to Bond Street at around 1825 to head out to Woodford for 1920 ish arrival......
Sounds like we'll be on the Bakerloo line heading to Marylebone in opposite directions, but I won't be reaching there until about 1330. Remember that my Labyrinth challenge means most journeys are one-stop, get off the train, find and photograph the labyrinth and get back on the next train.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Back to Z1 and thinking how late we got to meet up after the Bottle perhaps an 18:15 start would be optimum?
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

tangy wrote:Change of plan, the start station for Tube Olympics Zone 1 is now fixed as HPK (Hyde Park Corner)- as Hyde Park was used as a real Olympic venue in 2012.

Not to renegade on my promises, the winner of the Bottle Challenge on Friday will now choose the start station for the Tube Olympics Random 15 event.
I can now exclusively reveal that the start station for the Random 15 will be ....

NOTTING HILL GATE
Soon to be yet another forum train driver