Starting/Finishing a Journey at Every Tube Station

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
RobbieM
All Zones

Starting/Finishing a Journey at Every Tube Station

Post by RobbieM »

• I’m not sure which forum to post this in, but I thought this may be the best. (Moderators – feel free to move it if required!)
So, when we do a challenge, we have to visit all 270 stations by either starting, finishing or stopping at them. However, yesterday, shortly after mid-day, I left a train at Hendon Central, and crossed the barriers to the street. And that marked the final station of me doing precisely this, or vice versa!

That is to say, I have now gone from moving Tube train to the street, or from the street to moving Tube train, at all 270 stations. Or started/finished a journey at every station. However you want to describe it, I’ve done it.

I don’t know how long it’s taken me, but I’d guess it’s around seven years. At least back as far as 13th February 2009.

I just wondered whether anyone else on the Forum has achieved this? I guess there may be one or two, but I thought I’d ask.

(I’ve also ticked off all of the DLR in the same way.)
GuyBarry
The Twilight Zone

Re: Starting/Finishing a Journey at Every Tube Station

Post by GuyBarry »

Well, congratulations! I certainly haven't done it, but it's probably the only "all stations" challenge I've a likelihood of ever completing :)
Undefeated Tumbleweed champion, Oct 2015

Inventor of Grumbleweed, Nimbleweed, Timesnap, Postsnap and several other silly games
The Orange One
All Zones

Post by The Orange One »

I'm not missing many - that's a personal goal! I'm missing a lot of stuff on the eastern end of the Central Line, odd isolated stations here and there (Tooting Bec, Ruislip Gardens, Hendon Central, Barbican, Chalfont and Latimer).

Oh, and Leicester Square and Covent Garden. I've just never needed to arrive there from a Tube scale distance!
All London buses: 23 hours 25 minutes (with Adham, David, Josh and Tangy)
Holds some alternative challenge records. Not sure which ones.
20½ Random 15 challenges: 01:58:48 best
That guy who runs those Twitter polls about tube stations and London Boroughs.
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

Strangely the first few times I went to Covent Garden (LT museum of course!) were by Tube so for a long time I didn't know how to get there any other way or how it fitted into the general London geography. It wasn't until I arrived early for a play elsewhere in the West End one day and decided to go for a walk that I thought - aha! I know where I am!
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

I'm fairly sure I've done all of Zones 1-2 at some point, plenty of others I haven't entered/exited at though.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

I haven't kept track, but probably most of z1, but outside of that it's be intermittent...
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
RobbieM
All Zones

Post by RobbieM »

The Orange One wrote:Oh, and Leicester Square and Covent Garden. I've just never needed to arrive there from a Tube scale distance!
I think you should make a special journey from one to the other, just to say you've done it. Single ticket, peak-time, full-price too, just for the experience! :D