Whole tube map challenge

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
xcooler123
Zone 5

Re: Whole tube map challenge

Post by xcooler123 »

(As much as I hate referencing Wikipedia, this is where I got the information from. Feel free to correct any mistakes)

There are currently 366 NR stations classed within the London Fare Zones. Out of those only 20 lie outside zones 1-6. Out of those 20, you visit 12 of them either by LU, LO or TfL Rail. This leaves-

Waltham Cross- Can be visited going to/coming from Cheshunt
Broxbourne - Next station after Cheshunt (heading north)
Chafford Hundred - London, Tilbury and Southend Line (Tilbury Loop) from Upminster
Grays - London, Tilbury and Southend Line from Upminster
Ockenden - London, Tilbury and Southend Line (Tilbury Loop) from Upminster
Purfleet - London, Tilbury and Southend Line from Upminster
Dartford - (Freedom Pass Scheme) Only 1 station on from a Zone 6 station
Swanley - (Freedom Pass Scheme) Only 1 station on from a Zone 6 station

For the sake of 8 stations which are fairly easily accessible from places you are already going, you may as well do them all.

EDIT- The 366 includes all Tfl Rail and London Overground stations, some are managed by different operators (e.g. Barking is managed by c2c)

EDIT 2 - Knew not to rely on Wikipedia.... I have now found the up to date map which includes stations up from Broxbourne to Hertford East and (later on this year) stations south of Coulson South towards Gatwick Airport. Swanley is NOT included in the map so does not count. This takes the total number of stations up to 375.
David
5 x FNC attempts, Best Tine - 17:25:11 (Comic Relief 2017)
20 x R15, Best Time - 02:02:46
2017/18 & 2018/19 R15 Champion
4 x Alternative Challenge Records (LO, Z1&2, SofT & Compass)
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

xcooler123 wrote:(As much as I hate referencing Wikipedia, this is where I got the information from. Feel free to correct any mistakes)

There are currently 366 NR stations classed within the London Fare Zones. Out of those only 20 lie outside zones 1-6. Out of those 20, you visit 12 of them either by LU, LO or TfL Rail. This leaves-

Waltham Cross- Can be visited going to/coming from Cheshunt
Broxbourne - Next station after Cheshunt (heading north)
Chafford Hundred - London, Tilbury and Southend Line (Tilbury Loop) from Upminster
Grays - London, Tilbury and Southend Line from Upminster
Ockenden - London, Tilbury and Southend Line (Tilbury Loop) from Upminster
Purfleet - London, Tilbury and Southend Line from Upminster
Dartford - (Freedom Pass Scheme) Only 1 station on from a Zone 6 station
Swanley - (Freedom Pass Scheme) Only 1 station on from a Zone 6 station

For the sake of 8 stations which are fairly easily accessible from places you are already going, you may as well do them all.

EDIT- The 366 includes all Tfl Rail and London Overground stations, some are managed by different operators (e.g. Barking is managed by c2c)

EDIT 2 - Knew not to rely on Wikipedia.... I have now found the up to date map which includes stations up from Broxbourne to Hertford East and (later on this year) stations south of Coulson South towards Gatwick Airport. Swanley is NOT included in the map so does not count. This takes the total number of stations up to 375.
Don't quote Wikipedia the bastards don't know to apologize and the reference to tube challenge is biased so font use them
xcooler123
Zone 5

Post by xcooler123 »

I can assure you Andi I don't use them often at all (currently preparing for my 2nd engineering dissertation and clearly aware of the pitfalls) however I didn't fancy counting the stations up manually so just needed numbers

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk
David
5 x FNC attempts, Best Tine - 17:25:11 (Comic Relief 2017)
20 x R15, Best Time - 02:02:46
2017/18 & 2018/19 R15 Champion
4 x Alternative Challenge Records (LO, Z1&2, SofT & Compass)
JMTR1
Zone 1

Post by JMTR1 »

Should add these train lines in London as well, make it the mother of all challenges

Heathrow Terminal 5 People Mover
Ruislip Lido Railway
Hampton and Kempton Waterworks Railway
Ickenham Minature Railway
Epping Ongar Railway
and the Inclinators at Greenford Station and Millennium Bridge.
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

Not forgetting the narrow gauge railway at Kew Bridge Steam Museum....

In fact, doing the narrow gauge/miniature/heritage railways in the London area would be an interesting challenge in its own right!
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!