Whole tube map challenge

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
RJSRdg
All Zones

Re: Whole tube map challenge

Post by RJSRdg »

As an ex-colleague of mine would say, everything's possible except skiing through revolving doors.
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Deanmrb wrote:So, my new plan is to do the entire map, i.e. Tube, DLR, Overground, TfL Rail and EAL. Thinking of doing it after September and starting Friday going right through the night using the Night Tube and finishing some time on Saturday.

Any thoughts? Is this even possible?

Dean
taking out the tube services which can be done at night i would start on the very first friday train out of hammersmith h&c go up to edgware road and go down to hsk. Run on down to earls court and do a quick db of barons ct and west kensington run down to west brompton take southern up to kensington olympia.

Then take first district out of ken o 05:47 to get to battersea park for that 06:18am taking out two pains of arse straight away.
Prioritise then any rail or overground or tube services which are closed on saturdays and are not covered by night tube.
The Orange One
All Zones

Post by The Orange One »

Ken Oly is a pain how? You're allowed to visit by LO, that counts, if you want LU there's the Saturday service too.
All London buses: 23 hours 25 minutes (with Adham, David, Josh and Tangy)
Holds some alternative challenge records. Not sure which ones.
20½ Random 15 challenges: 01:58:48 best
That guy who runs those Twitter polls about tube stations and London Boroughs.
palkanetoijala31

The Orange One wrote:Ken Oly is a pain how? You're allowed to visit by LO, that counts, if you want LU there's the Saturday service too.
i was under the impression of shared rails act that visiting ken o by overground would not count same as it does in normal shite guinness rules.
Urzzz1871
Zone 5

Post by Urzzz1871 »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:
The Orange One wrote:Ken Oly is a pain how? You're allowed to visit by LO, that counts, if you want LU there's the Saturday service too.
i was under the impression of shared rails act that visiting ken o by overground would not count same as it does in normal shite guinness rules.
But if we are doing the "whole map" then a visit to Ken O on the overground should count OK. If not then would we be saying that every LU/OG interchange station must be visited twice (unless there are shared rails)?
2 attempts
2 completions
(Not getting much quicker)
palkanetoijala31

WELL I be surprised if could be done in a 36 hour window if u take 15h 45m for a full 270 plus 10.5 hours for every overground 2 hours for dlr 2 hours for tram and god knows how much for all the rail I be surprised if could be done in 2 days.
palkanetoijala31

If I was to take on this challenge I would also say that purist form you must arrive or depart by every interchange ie separate baker street met circle and jub/bak
Peter
Zone 1

Post by Peter »

I thought the idea was to do all the stations on this map:
https://tfl.gov.uk/cdn/static/cms/docum ... be-map.pdf
So Tube, Overground, DLR, TFL rail and Emirates Airline included, but no more than that.
It should be possible in less than 36 hours over a Friday/Saturday, no? Assuming the night tube ever starts running that is!
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

That is correct and as the Overground and District at Olympia are one station including Overground in the challenge so an Overground (or Southern) visit is OK.
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000
palkanetoijala31

A Challenge wrote:That is correct and as the Overground and District at Olympia are one station including Overground in the challenge so an Overground (or Southern) visit is OK.
if that was the case then it free up my route immensely but I rather stick with my opening gambit as it is to the purists rules.
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

A Challenge wrote:That is correct and as the Overground and District at Olympia are one station including Overground in the challenge so an Overground (or Southern) visit is OK.
Surely the "Same rails" rule must apply?
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

Steeevooo wrote:
Surely the "Same rails" rule must apply?
Exactly, so a Southern visit would count in place of LO.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
jbom
Zone 3

Post by jbom »

What about doing all stations, including NR, within zones 1-6 - how long would that take?
The Orange One
All Zones

Post by The Orange One »

Tube takes a day. Overground takes 10 and a half hours. DLR + tram + TfL Rail fills up the rest of the second day. The Southern/Southeastern/SWT network would probably take up a third day and the rest of the odds and ends would dig into a fourth, so I'd say four days would be enough to get it all done in. Of course, there's awkward stuff like Sudbury and Harrow Road, but on the plus side you don't have the same problems with Kensington Olympia or Battersea Park.

TL;DR four days.
All London buses: 23 hours 25 minutes (with Adham, David, Josh and Tangy)
Holds some alternative challenge records. Not sure which ones.
20½ Random 15 challenges: 01:58:48 best
That guy who runs those Twitter polls about tube stations and London Boroughs.
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

We've got Tube Olympics, this sounds like a Tube Test Match...
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!