New R15 Generator

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
A2
Zone 4

New R15 Generator

Post by A2 »

Hi everyone,

I have (finally) got round to putting the R15 generator that I wrote over the summer online. You can find it at:

http://www.challengegenerator.co.uk

It is a work in progress, there are probably features missing and its entirely possible that the data in the background is wrong somewhere along the lines. As I am going to continue to work on it there may be points where it breaks, but I'll try and not do that too often.

Andrew
- Andrew
A2
Zone 4

Re: New R15 Generator

Post by A2 »

Note to Tangy: There isn't any "hide results" option, however if you run it once to get it set up for an event then all someone needs to do to get another set of results based on the same settings is to press refresh on their browser. The itinerary number at the top will change and a new set will be produced.
- Andrew
DrainBrain
Zone 6

Post by DrainBrain »

Ooh, very nice.

Andrew, I'm guessing you had a data set from somewhere that didn't include the latest DLR extension. These are missing:

Abbey Road
Star Lane
Stratford High Street
West Ham (it's included for LU and NR, but not marked as DLR)

Didn't spot any other obvious omissions, though I only really checked overall numbers of stations and didn't check any NR stuff.

Suggestion: on the Stage 2 page add words to make it clear this is selecting the starting station.
Royal Oak to Bethnal Green in 333 days
Heathrow Terminal 4 to Amersham in 17 hours, 42 minutes and 22 seconds
A2
Zone 4

Post by A2 »

DrainBrain wrote: Andrew, I'm guessing you had a data set from somewhere that didn't include the latest DLR extension. These are missing:
Abbey Road
Star Lane
Stratford High Street
West Ham (it's included for LU and NR, but not marked as DLR)
I've made the necessary additions and amendments. Thanks for letting me know! The data set was basically me sitting there and copying / pasting / typing names and data in so I'm not surprised that there were a few errors :)

Andrew
- Andrew
The Orange One
All Zones

Post by The Orange One »

Will there be no extension stations?

By extension stations I mean Watford Junction, Broxbourne, Brentwood, Shenfield, Ockendon, Chafford Hundred, Purfleet and Grays.
All London buses: 23 hours 25 minutes (with Adham, David, Josh and Tangy)
Holds some alternative challenge records. Not sure which ones.
20½ Random 15 challenges: 01:58:48 best
That guy who runs those Twitter polls about tube stations and London Boroughs.
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

Zone W is there (Watford Junction), this is what is the Watford Junction zone is lettered.
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
DrainBrain
Zone 6

Post by DrainBrain »

tangy wrote:Zone W is there (Watford Junction), this is what is the Watford Junction zone is lettered.
This has led me to discover that the data for Elmers End has it in Zone ZW. I think ZT was intended.

Also in the data, all the Tramlink stations are marked as zone ZT, but because there's no option for zone ZT in Stage 1, most of the Tramlink stations are unpickable - only those that happen to share some other mode show up. This also means Watford Junction won't show up as an LO station because it's in Zone ZW. I think adding check boxes for these zones on the Stage 1 page will fix this.
Royal Oak to Bethnal Green in 333 days
Heathrow Terminal 4 to Amersham in 17 hours, 42 minutes and 22 seconds
A2
Zone 4

Post by A2 »

DrainBrain wrote:
tangy wrote:Zone W is there (Watford Junction), this is what is the Watford Junction zone is lettered.
This has led me to discover that the data for Elmers End has it in Zone ZW. I think ZT was intended.
Indeed. Fixed. This is what comes of me sitting on the sofa with a beer while typing this in and watching the World Cup (yes, it was that long ago).
- Andrew
A2
Zone 4

Post by A2 »

The Orange One wrote:Will there be no extension stations?

By extension stations I mean Watford Junction, Broxbourne, Brentwood, Shenfield, Ockendon, Chafford Hundred, Purfleet and Grays.
Excluding Watford Junction (as tangy has pointed out, this is already there) please provide me a list for each and I can put them in. Maybe even in the right place.
- Andrew
A2
Zone 4

Post by A2 »

DrainBrain wrote:Also in the data, all the Tramlink stations are marked as zone ZT, but because there's no option for zone ZT in Stage 1, most of the Tramlink stations are unpickable - only those that happen to share some other mode show up. This also means Watford Junction won't show up as an LO station because it's in Zone ZW. I think adding check boxes for these zones on the Stage 1 page will fix this.
This lot is all fixed as well, although it wasn't quite as straightforward a change. Please note that the column order has changed on the View Data page as I've put TL after Z9 so as to accommodate all of the extension options last.
- Andrew
The Orange One
All Zones

Post by The Orange One »

Only through testing can the ugly truths be revealed. Spot the problem! This has the potential to make Saturday's event quite a simple one...

All London buses: 23 hours 25 minutes (with Adham, David, Josh and Tangy)
Holds some alternative challenge records. Not sure which ones.
20½ Random 15 challenges: 01:58:48 best
That guy who runs those Twitter polls about tube stations and London Boroughs.
A2
Zone 4

Post by A2 »

The Orange One wrote:Only through testing can the ugly truths be revealed. Spot the problem! This has the potential to make Saturday's event quite a simple one...

Well thats annoying... and not possible when I look at the code. I'll stare at it a bit longer but there isn't really that much that -can- have gone wrong. Either that or I'll write the logging part (so that the ID at the top actually means something) to find out whats going on.

Andrew
- Andrew
A2
Zone 4

Post by A2 »

Found it... when selecting a starting station it really helps to then add it to the list of excluded stations for fetching the rest of them. I've put in an update so please let me know if you see it happen again.
- Andrew
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

A2 wrote:
The Orange One wrote:Will there be no extension stations?

Excluding Watford Junction (as tangy has pointed out, this is already there) please provide me a list for each and I can put them in. Maybe even in the right place.
Zone G (Grays): Ockendon, Chafford Hundred, Purfleet, Grays. (All are NR only)

Zone S (Shenfield): Brentwood, Shenfield (Both are NR only)

Zone X (Broxbourne): Broxbourne (NR only)
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

Tangy.
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

In addition, Tottenham Hale should be separated as there is separate ticket barriers for both the LU and NR parts.

You have Birkbeck NR, what happened to the tram station?

Battersea Park is one station, one set of ticket barriers and direct access to the other NR platforms.

Barking is one whole intergrated station (like Wimbledon), so all modes come under the same roof.

Tangy.