New R15 Generator

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
The Orange One
All Zones

Re: New R15 Generator

Post by The Orange One »

I seem to remember typing this back in June when you asked me to check the generator data, so please note once more that:

- Barking and Battersea Park are each one station
- Clapham High Street and Wandsworth Road have a one train a day Southeastern service
- Harrow-on-the-Hill is a Chiltern station
- Tottenham Hale is two separate stations
- You've missed Abbey Road, Star Lane and Stratford High Street on the DLR. West Ham is also on that branch and should hence be DLR as well.
- Willesden Junction has no NR service (apart from LO, but that's not really NR)

I think Birkbeck should really count as just the one station, as it does on the generator already. There's no barriers, so it could go either way.

Actually, have you seen the "ticket machine" that's supposed to be at Birkbeck station? A Google Maps check tells me it's not actually there, but still - seriously?
All London buses: 23 hours 25 minutes (with Adham, David, Josh and Tangy)
Holds some alternative challenge records. Not sure which ones.
20½ Random 15 challenges: 01:58:48 best
That guy who runs those Twitter polls about tube stations and London Boroughs.
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

London Overground really is most definitely National Rail.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

To interchange at Birkbeck you need to exit one station, walk along the street (under the railway) and enter the other, totally separate. There is not like a footbridge linking the two platforms!
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

Birkbeck is two station. You come out of one to enter the other.
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

By those criteria, you could argue that West Harrow (westbound) and West Harrow (eastbound) are two separate stations!
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
A2
Zone 4

Post by A2 »

None of this affects this weekend. Argue amongst yourself for a while and we'll sort it out on Saturday :D
For reference I am deliberately treating LO as different to NR unless loads of people say otherwise, but if you want to do "true NR" then just tick both boxes for now.

In other news, since I posted this thread 45% of the visitors have apparently been female... at least according to Google Analytics.
- Andrew
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

greatkingrat wrote:By those criteria, you could argue that West Harrow (westbound) and West Harrow (eastbound) are two separate stations!
IMHO it should be one station but it's two different forms of transport and was shouted down about the ticket barriers rule so using that a a benchmark its two stations.
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

Keep LO separate for the generator as their are rounds where the twist can be "LU and LO- zones 1-2" (without all the other NR stations), which has been done in the past.
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

Tangy.
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

Yes- LO should be a category, but every station in the LO category should ALSO be in the NR category.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
A2
Zone 4

Post by A2 »

After The Orange One caused me to break it by pointing out the slim chance that the selected starting station could also be drawn as one of the other stations (oops), it is now back up and running. The offending missing semi-colon in the code has been put in.
- Andrew
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

Couple of minor corrections:

Shepherd's Bush (LO) is also served by National Rail.
Willesden Junction should be in Z2+3, not Z3 (so it probably won't be coming out tomorrow!)
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
The Orange One
All Zones

Post by The Orange One »

Never mind.

Don't take it down, please don't, but Aldgate might rear its ugly head (even excluding Aldgate, it can still pop up).

I know! Let's say that if Aldgate crops up, we go to Willesden Junction. Problem solved.

Also, Harrow-on-the-Hill has a National Rail service. A National Rail service we could end up using... Let's cross our fingers we don't get Marylebone NR.
All London buses: 23 hours 25 minutes (with Adham, David, Josh and Tangy)
Holds some alternative challenge records. Not sure which ones.
20½ Random 15 challenges: 01:58:48 best
That guy who runs those Twitter polls about tube stations and London Boroughs.
A2
Zone 4

Post by A2 »

I should mention a few things at this point:

1) tangy and I reviewed the data last weekend and between us we re-imported a lot of it, however there are a lot of lines and columns of data to review (its somewhere along the lines of 8000 individual bits of data) so there will inevitably be mistakes and of course arguments about what constitutes what.

2) there was a recent problem whereby the starting station could subsequently also be picked as another one of the X stations. i hold my hands up here that i thought this was fixed, but I've clearly cocked it up and so it is still possible. i am convinced that the excluded stations part, and the zone & mode selection (assuming the data is correct) code is working properly. with that in mind i have asked tangy to get an independent reviewer to give the stations a quick once over before they are sealed into the envelopes.

3) this is the first website i have written :). hopefully there won't be any errors and see you in the morning.
- Andrew
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

I have corrected the database with the minor errors spotted since (thanks Peter and The Orange One) and the database is ready to upload again, although Willesden Junction will not be featured as the draw has already taken place.

Tangy.
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

Changes made since the expanded London Overground network now in database, as is Brentwood (now in zone 9).

A2 over to you to upload the database to the server.

Tangy.