New Alternative : As many stations in an hour

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
hwolge
Zone 6

Post by hwolge »

Isn't this an almost obvious best?

Start at Aldgate at 05:44. Go clockwise to Liverpool Street at 06.33. Run like hell. Catch Central Line Westbound 06:34 and goto Oxford Circus where you should arrive 06:44... I guess you should make it at least every other try - covering 33 stations. (All times according to TFLs Journey Planner).

HÃ¥kan
:) Three times Zone 1 Challenge winner :)
:) Official record holder in the 2008 Guinness Book of Records, pg 199 :)
joy54
Zone 5

Post by joy54 »

I have a route with 34/35 stations.
G Force
Zone 3

Post by G Force »

hwolge wrote:Isn't this an almost obvious best?

Start at Aldgate at 05:44. Go clockwise to Liverpool Street at 06.33. Run like hell. Catch Central Line Westbound 06:34 and goto Oxford Circus where you should arrive 06:44... I guess you should make it at least every other try - covering 33 stations. (All times according to TFLs Journey Planner).

HÃ¥kan
That is a pretty good route. However, the outer rail Circle is prone to delays from late running trains on the other SSLs. At 6-7am this should not be a problem though. Although the inner rail is less prone to delays, the extended dwell time at Aldgate means going anti-clockwise is not a good idea (unless you lucky and crossover to a NB Met).
lazza747

Post by lazza747 »

I was thinking about this last night and wondering if you could get yourself a nice fast line with lots of close stations and go back and forth between them.

But then I realised that even with a 1 minute change each time you turned round you'd still be not much over 30 or 31 stations.

I looked at back and forth between Bank and Bond Street on the Central.

Don't think it works very well though.
CrunchySaviour
All Zones

Post by CrunchySaviour »

They would have to be unique stations, though!
~ Let loose the bands of war! DISINTEGRATOR.co.uk
lazza747

Post by lazza747 »

Err, yes.

Forget my idea then :-)
yayrabies

Post by yayrabies »

geofftech wrote:Well I did say it was 'pointless' and 'stupid' oh Joyous one! Maybe you need some competition to spice it up a bit - looks like G Force has provided you with that if he sets 32.

In the meantime let's try the "Zone 2" only challenge.

Or perhaps the SECOND letter of each station name alpabet challenge. (i.e. cAmden town, aCton town, eDgware, wEst ham etc... [there is no 'B'] )

no.. no.. hang on! i know! what about "All the stations that are nearest to the real life locations on the Monopoly board"

or .. JUST the tube lines (Central, Northern, Victoria, Bakerloo, Piccadilly, W&C), and then of course JUST sub-surface (Met, District, Circle, H&C)

Or! (and this is the best one) how about, go the <a href="http://www.animalsontheunderground.com">www.animalsontheunderground.com</a> site, and 'DO' an animal! You can then proudly walk round saying "I'm the fastest at doing THE ELEPHANT".

Go on Joy54... I dare you...
I like http://www.animalsontheunderground.com

How about as many animals in a day :lol: