Uncompetitive Zone 1 Route

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
JaffaSaurus
Zone 1

Uncompetitive Zone 1 Route

Post by JaffaSaurus »

Hi There fellow tube challengers,

I am looking to take on the zone 1 challenge non-competitively but due to my little knowledge of zone 1 routes I was wondering if anyone could reply or message me with a good route or a winning route from one of the years, as I say I have no current intentions to enter the actual zone 1 challenge so I can be confidential if you want no-one else to know,

Thanks in advance
The Orange One
All Zones

Re: Uncompetitive Zone 1 Route

Post by The Orange One »

Zone 1 is currently in a sorry state, what with no Piccadilly Line at Gloucester Road, no Bakerloo and Northern at Embankment, no Central (which will, admittedly, soon become no Jubilee) at Bond Street and Covent Garden is eastbound only if you are looking to attempt this during a weekend.

That said, here is quite a simple route (it does assume Central Line trains stop at Bond Street), which is similar to my first route (except that had a Regent's Park finish, instead of being circular). It should give you somewhere around 3 hours.

Vauxhall :arrow: Victoria :arrow: Sloane Square :arrow: Aldgate East (run to) :arrow: Aldgate :arrow: King's Cross St Pancras :arrow: Bank :arrow: Queensway (run to) :arrow: Bayswater :arrow: Earl's Court :arrow: South Kensington :arrow: Russell Square (run to) :arrow: Goodge Street :arrow: Euston (run to) :arrow: Euston Square :arrow: Paddington (H&C) (run to) :arrow: Paddington (B/C/D) :arrow: Elephant and Castle :arrow: London Bridge :arrow: Southwark
All London buses: 23 hours 25 minutes (with Adham, David, Josh and Tangy)
Holds some alternative challenge records. Not sure which ones.
20½ Random 15 challenges: 01:58:48 best
That guy who runs those Twitter polls about tube stations and London Boroughs.
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

although this is out of date due to the closures mentioned my route was always roughly the same.

southwark :arrow: london bridge :arrow: e&c :arrow: waterloo :arrow: euston run to euston sq :arrow: paddington h&c run to :arrow: paddington bakerloo :arrow: oxford circus :arrow: queensway run to :arrow: bayswater :arrow: earls court or south kensington depending on train caught :arrow: kings cross :arrow: moorgate :arrow: farringdon run to chancery lane :arrow: liverpool street :arrow: aldgate or aldgate east reverse :arrow: sloane square :arrow: victoria :arrow: vauxhall finish
JaffaSaurus
Zone 1

Post by JaffaSaurus »

Thanks for the routes guys, I'm going to draw them out on a tube map and decide :) I am going to attempt at a weekend and because I am doing it uncompetitively I am not bothered by a closed station or two,

Thanks
Garion
All Zones

Post by Garion »

Just to point out, the 2nd route was half devised by myself too :P
Zone 1 Winner 2009
02:52:59

Comic Relief 2015
17:42:22
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Garion wrote:Just to point out, the 2nd route was half devised by myself too :P
he is right sorry for the competitive copyright.