Zone 1 Challenge Day clarification required

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
hwolge
Zone 6

Post by hwolge »

I do agree I am picky :wink: . Just for the sake of argument though :twisted: - Consider starting at Farringdon. Following options are all more or less likely:

EB:
* First train to Liverpool Street, e.g. a Met
* A Circle train through Tower Hill
* An H&C to Aldgate East
Or WB:
* First train to Great Protland Street, e.g a Met
* A Circle train through Paddington
* An H&C train to Paddington(H&C)

Anyway this could mean SIX DIFFERENT trains. But, yes, I got your clarification :D . I can pick either one at my own leisure - that's all I need to know.

Thank You,
HÃ¥kan
:) Three times Zone 1 Challenge winner :)
:) Official record holder in the 2008 Guinness Book of Records, pg 199 :)
G Force
Zone 3

Post by G Force »

I have recently heard that Queensway station will be closed for a year from May 8th for lift replacement. This obviously puts a slight spanner in the works for many people's Zone 1 challenge routes!
hwolge
Zone 6

Post by hwolge »

Indeed! But it also requires a rule clarification. I assume that the general status of Queensway will fall under Guinness rules about temporarily closed stations. I.e. to count you must pass through it on a train. So far so good. I also assume that Queensway will no longer be in the hat (i.e. being a possible start station) on May 20th.

But how about finishing with Queensway?

I think there are 3 main possibilities to handle this:

1) Exclude Queensway from the Challenge (not very consistent with Guinness general rules though).

2) Rule that Queensway cannot be the last station to visit - rendering the attempt void if you do the 63 other ones first!

3) Rule that Queensway is done when the train passes the station. Should this be the 64th station then exact timing procedures need to be defined. Perhaps stopping the clock when you see the station name when passing? Or when the train stops next (i.e Notting Hill Gate or Lancaster Gate)?

Anyway - which way do Geoff et al want it?

Waiting for clarification,
HÃ¥kan
PS Sorry Geoff, being ultra-picky again...
:) Three times Zone 1 Challenge winner :)
:) Official record holder in the 2008 Guinness Book of Records, pg 199 :)