R15 Championship 2012/13: Round 5

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
tangy
Site Administrator

Re: R15 Championship 2012/13: Round 5

Post by tangy »

My own one, hosted by Proboards already does! Added it myself from a script code provided by thier technical team.
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

I'm fairly certain I can add it with no hassle. phpBB have lots of mods for these forums.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

An interesting set of stations with only 3 being inside Z1, that said they didn't seem too daunting....

We should have stuck with our initial route being a Chalk Farm finish which would have been lovely opening the envelope and seeing Hamspstead in the second set :P

I think that decision cost us a possible win, having to head off to Hampstead from Finsbury Park and then sweeping around the edge of Z2 to finish at Clapham North

Also I have to say that there were some very good darts played in The Angel in the Fields as well 8)
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

well i had a shocker i obviously dont like twist rounds i started out of the going to ladbrook grove then going back towards st johns wood where despite having a map of london i forgot about swiss cottage to chalk farm.And instead double back to baker street and went across from Euston square ran to euston must do that run more often and up to Chalk farm.

Coming back into centre knocked off caledonian rd and finsbury park with a db to highbury & islington a lovely train taking me down to Canada water with tractakid! after meeting rhys at canada water he opened his envelope there watched by us we dashed across for the db and opened ours at southwark watched together!

i went for a london bridge db andrew ran from jub to northern at waterloo and still ended on same train althought then the mistake i didnt db at clapham north i ran to clpham high street and depsite making a train right there waited long at clapham junction 15 mins so i knew i was screwed from there i even after running west brompton to west ken was weighing up both options west and east as nothing was coming waited 7 mins here.

finally a eastbound came so i had the chance to do a run i hadnt tried before a bayswater to royal oak which gave me my best ever royal oak connection ran into a waiting s stock 2 times in that day and left 10secs wow beats my best there by over 2 mins!

the rest was easy with a run to warren street from gps and then switch at euston for hampstead!

darts was better with me getting at least 5 over 100 but hardly any outs until the 3 pint window
The Raven
All Zones

Post by The Raven »

My Route

Envelope 1
Edgware Road :arrow: Paddington :arrow: Ladbroke Road :arrow: Baker Street :arrow: Swiss Cottage :arrow: Chalk Farm :arrow: King's Cross :arrow: Finsbury Park :arrow: King's Cross :arrow: London Bridge :arrow: Southwark :arrow: Canary Wharf

Envelope 2
Canary Wharf :arrow: London Bridge :arrow: Clapham North :arrow: Stockwell :arrow: Victoria :arrow: Hammersmith :arrow: Great Portland Street :arrow: Warren Street :arrow: Hampstead
Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record
hopeful traveller
All Zones

Post by hopeful traveller »

Andi still stands as favourite to win the championship due to the scoring system. If Andi were to win round six, even if tied with Peter, Andi would win the championship with 53 points to Peter's 52. Peter must finish in the top three to improve his points tally at all. If Peter were to finish outside the top three Andi would only need a fifth place. If Peter were to finish third, Andi would only need fourth. However, Andi would have to match Peter if he finished second or first. If Andi beats Peter to fifth or higher, Andi will win. Third-placed Kevin cannot win.
tangy wrote:Thanks for the corrections on the points scored, I didn't know for certain what they were.
It's the same as Eurovision scoring, Tangy, so 12-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1.
1 FNC Completion (PB: 17:18:18 with G Bryant, A Chilcraft, I MacNaughton)
4 Zone Ones (PB: 03:00:35 with G Bryant)
15 R15s (PB: 01:55:48 with T Cooling and R Jackson)
11 All Lines (PB: 00:44:03)
Winner of the 2014 Formula 1 Side Competition
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

hopeful traveller wrote:Andi still stands as favourite to win the championship due to the scoring system. If Andi were to win round six, even if tied with Peter, Andi would win the championship with 53 points to Peter's 52. Peter must finish in the top three to improve his points tally at all. If Peter were to finish outside the top three Andi would only need a fifth place. If Peter were to finish third, Andi would only need fourth. However, Andi would have to match Peter if he finished second or first. If Andi beats Peter to fifth or higher, Andi will win. Third-placed Kevin cannot win.
tangy wrote:Thanks for the corrections on the points scored, I didn't know for certain what they were.
It's the same as Eurovision scoring, Tangy, so 12-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1.
what happens if a tie would be on the most wins system?
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

Having done the Swiss Cottage bus, Glen, Peter and I were in a strong position. At Kings Cross Glen went to the Victoria line, Peter and I opted the Piccadilly to knock off Caledonian Road. My mistake was going for the ELL from Highbury and Islington, the 6 minute wait for a Clapham Junction train allowed Andi to catch up, and the line is relatively slow with lots of stops. Andi and I discovered Rhys heading towards Canary Wharf, where he finished his first envelope. While he checked the envelope, missing trains in both directions, Andi and I headed towards Southwark, opening our envelopes there. Andi mentioned our options, both equally successful, but I felt lucky as my 1 minute train was followed by a 7 minute wait for the next! I felt wise not you going for the Clapham High Street option, relying on 2 15minute services cooperating seemed like too much of a risk, as Andi found out! I was still ahead of Rhys at this point, but my 5 minute wait for a West Ken train at Victoria allowed him to catch up. Rhys and I followed each other the rest of the way, confusion at Hammersmith mean we both just missed an H+C. Rhys beat me to Warren Street, but we both made the same train, and then we had a nice 1 minute Edgware train to tie for finish at Hampstead.

Very pleased with my darting achievements afterwards, my first checkout and a 3 dart score of T20 T20 5 was a massive PB.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
hopeful traveller
All Zones

Post by hopeful traveller »

And just by sheer chance I happened to bump into Andi at St. John's Wood, as I was making my way to my family commitments. Apparently, everyone had gone the same way to start with and Rhys became unorthodox. I saw someone else on the platform in horrible yellow/green coloured running gear but I didn't identify them. Southbound Jubilee at about 1300?
1 FNC Completion (PB: 17:18:18 with G Bryant, A Chilcraft, I MacNaughton)
4 Zone Ones (PB: 03:00:35 with G Bryant)
15 R15s (PB: 01:55:48 with T Cooling and R Jackson)
11 All Lines (PB: 00:44:03)
Winner of the 2014 Formula 1 Side Competition
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

That would have been Dutch dart player Michael van Gerwen who had come along for the challenge.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

hopeful traveller wrote:Third-placed Kevin cannot win.
Thanks for cheering me up :(
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Going Underground wrote:
He doesn't do emotion.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

tubeguru wrote:
Going Underground wrote:
He doesn't do emotion.
He's probably bawling at today's political news.
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

Considering I came last, here is an example of how NOT to do it...

Departed as per most on a northbound B'loo but instead of bailing at Paddington, I carried on to Warwick Avenue to do the classic run to Royal Oak. Didn't cost me any time as I was on the same train (a new S7 stock) as those who run through PAD.

I stayed on the H&C through Ladbroke Grove (where many others switched back to go east) to Shepherds Bush and had a nice 10 minute walk alongside the green to get the 12:58 NLL to West Hampstead. It was on this train that I was having second thoughts about my route...

Anyway I ploughed on, transferred to the Jubilee at West Hampstead, where I had a three minute wait for one (from the siding) whereas going north there was FOUR trains in the same amount of time! Down to St. John's Wood and back up (after 2 minutes) to Swiss Cottage. I alighted here to transfer to Chalk Farm, hoping for a bus... but was one which only went halfway, so had to run the rest- downhill thankfully!

Onto the Northern lline to KX, up the Picc to Finsbury Park (slow progress being right behind the one in front) and down the Vic back to KX and back onto the Northern line for London Bridge. Pity Southwark was in the draw as I would have had a great eastbound connection....as it happened I had 3 minutes for one westwards. Southwark was good- run off one train straight onto the other to end part one at Canary Wharf.

I stepped off the train to open part 2, as I had a train in either platform to choose from at this point. Seeing Clapham North on the list, my mind was decided, head there first. So it was back through Bridge and down to Clapham North where I had a rotten doubleback... doors open on the train I was on as the doors closed on the train opposite *cue rude words* 3 minutes lost here!

I was chopping and changing my route (in my head) trying to think of a way to get the remainng four done... finally settled on changing at Stockwell onto the Vic to Euston. Northern line was still up up its tricks here too, first train in was High Barnet... wrong branch. Next Edgware was 6 minutes away... stooopid trains. Finally, up to Hampstead and started the downhill run towards Swiss Cottage, flying along until I noted a 46 bus behind...

...as the next station I was heading to was Royal Oak and route 46 goes to Warwick Avenue I thought perfect and hailed it. Except it got caught at virtaully every red light possible so was slow progress! Alighted at Warwick Avenue and did the run to Royal Oak again then a train one stop to Padd H&C ran along to the Wimbleware platforms, of which that was the first train in to finish at West Ken (with a change at ECT).
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

Doing the Gallions Reach, Leytonstone, Hackney, Park Royal, West Acton, Wood Lane, Warwick Avenue and Northwick Park runs within 5 hours was more effort...