R15 Championship 2012/13: Round 2

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Re: R15 Championship 2012/13: Round 2

Post by tractakid »

Going Underground wrote:
scrxisi wrote:
As the BERC I'd like to pre-empt all your thoughts and categorically deny I rigged the draw for tomorrow. Yep, those stations really did come out. Have fun everyone :)
Excellent sounds like a couple of interchanges and then to the pub :P

Either that or it's the biggest bluff and worst set of R15 stations ever :lol:
Well, surely it can't be. Olympia isn't a problem if you start there! Olympia in the middle would be worse.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

latest update mystery guest will be arriving
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

The sub-BERC reporting from Tangy HQ, the stations and final results from today's R15 now follow:

Stations drawn:
--Ken. Olympia
--Marylebone
--Tower Hill
--Borough
--Monument
--Warren Street
--Blackfriars
--Westminster
--Edgware Road (Bakerloo)
--Liverpool Street
--St. James's Park
--Temple
--Euston
--Highbury & Islington
--Aldgate East

The results:
We had 8 challengers in 7 teams (contrary to what I said in the results video). So from the bottom up....

7th: Kev & Nozza: 02:32:08
6th: Tangy: 02:24:53
5th: Richie: 02:17:48
4th: Andrew: 02:10:43
3rd: Peter: 02:03:58
2nd: James: 02:01:26
1st: Andi: 01:59:52

I would have been a bit faster than I was if it wasn't for me running all over the Square Mile!
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

Yes, not bad. I could have followed Andi at Moorgate, but I had a moment of madness, getting a bus to Highbury and Islington from Angel. If I'd have followed/kept up with Peter once leaving Warren Street, I could have also saved myself 7 minutes. I ended up running to Euston Square and doing the crazy change at Baker Street, when it would have been better to run to Regent's Park, but I didn't think of it, nor did I know the route.

Thanks to Richie for preventing me from attempting to take the closed Northern City line :)

I enjoyed it, not sure R15s are my most favourite, but it was good to hang out with the tube challenge gang as always, and good to meet James.
palkanetoijala31

tractakid wrote:Yes, not bad. I could have followed Andi at Moorgate, but I had a moment of madness, getting a bus to Highbury and Islington from Angel. If I'd have followed/kept up with Peter once leaving Warren Street, I could have also saved myself 7 minutes. I ended up running to Euston Square and doing the crazy change at Baker Street, when it would have been better to run to Regent's Park, but I didn't think of it, nor did I know the route.

Thanks to Richie for preventing me from attempting to take the closed Northern City line :)

I enjoyed it, not sure R15s are my most favourite, but it was good to hang out with the tube challenge gang as always, and good to meet James.
even if u had followed me i left mr richie g in my dust cloud so to speak at a certain point so unless ur speed running has drastically improved u wouldnt have had same time.
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

Yeah, I appreciate this, but I would probably have had a better time than I ended up with :)
palkanetoijala31

Well eh this is my route and i didnt do it the lazy way either Kensington Olympia 1c 1dr got off and ran down starkeys stairs when realised no train for 3 mins going eastbound even went to wrong platform heathrow bound but didnt miss any trains and was joined by james and kev and nozza.

me and james got off at south kensington to go back up to district (and i be interested to know where james went as i never saw him again) getting on a good door position at district i learnt i was on same train as peter tangy richie and andrew.I got off at Blackfriars only nutter to do this i ran the whole to Borough narrowly missing the same train as Peter did with a db from bank in fact the other 2 caught us up as they missed Peter,s Train Tangy u have to ask him funny story!

we all stayed together until Aldgate east where they decided to go further back and me and Richie decided to go to Edgware rd circle we ran across to bakerloo still on same train but running from regents park to warren street lost richie g and got off at euston ran to the other northern branch southbound (been so much easier if victoria line was open) and went up pic to Finsbury Park hm and arr about running from either holloway rd or caledonian rd to h&i decided against and just sneaked under the 2h barrier.1h 59m 52s
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

Ah yeah- my route

Kensington (Olympia), Monument, Borough, Monument, Aldgate East, Moorgate, Angel, BUS to Highbury and Islington, Finsbury Park, KCSP, Euston, Warren Street, Euston Square, Baker Street, Edgware Road (Bak).
snudge27
All Zones

Post by snudge27 »

palkanetoijala31 wrote: and i be interested to know where james went as i never saw him again
I got off at South Ken to get to the right carriage for my first change at Piccadilly Circus. I then went up to Edgware Road (Bakerloo) and doubled back to Baker Street for a nice cross-platform to the Jubilee, and on to London Bridge. A quick journey down to Borough, a run to Southwark, and then back up to Westminster.

Over to SJP, and then doubled-back to take out the south side of the bottle, and Aldgate East. Round to Euston Square, a run to Euston, and a quick double back to Warren Street and then up to Finsbury Park via King's Cross. A quick change at Krapy Rubsnif and finally down to H&I for a time of 02:01:26.

(P.S. it appears that there is a handy bus from H&I to Old Street, for next time the Vic is out!)
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

tangy wrote:The sub-BERC reporting from Tangy HQ, the stations and final results from today's R15 now follow:

Stations drawn:
--Ken. Olympia
--Marylebone
--Tower Hill
--Borough
--Monument
--Warren Street
--Blackfriars
--Westminster
--Edgware Road (Bakerloo)
--Liverpool Street
--St. James's Park
--Temple
--Euston
--Highbury & Islington
--Aldgate East

I would have been a bit faster than I was if it wasn't for me running all over the Square Mile!
Tangy when you get a moment to post your route up it will make interesting reading for our viewers :)

The Kev/Noz route to follow later :lol:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
al
Zone 6

Post by al »

scrxisi wrote:Yeah you probably should.

No pressure either, but if you don't break the R15 record with this set you never will.
It was close, but thankfully my 1h57m53s still stands from two years ago! Andi's time is actually third fastest overall I think, as GKR also did a sub-2 hour at some point more recently than mine.
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.
palkanetoijala31

al wrote:
scrxisi wrote:Yeah you probably should.

No pressure either, but if you don't break the R15 record with this set you never will.
It was close, but thankfully my 1h57m53s still stands from two years ago! Andi's time is actually third fastest overall I think, as GKR also did a sub-2 hour at some point more recently than mine.
I think u were saved by me waiting at finsbury park too long al.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

There were dozens of better routes that our mad scheme that was caused because we declined a 4 min wait for a District line train at Earls Court... It was obvious to go along the bottom of the Circle line 1st off so in blind panic we ran down to the Picc witAndi & James...
Foolishly not getting off at South Ken we decided to knock of the Northern Line Stations head up to Finsbury and the get the FCC out of Highbury & Islington to Old Street..
After changing at Leics Sq :arrow: Euston :arrow: Kings X we had a 6 min wait at Finsbury I knew then we were struggling even if we made a swift X platform at H & I onto the FCC but pulling in we saw the gates pulled across as apparently it doesn't operate at weekends :oops: :oops:

We then got lost Nozza checked for and Overground service I stayed on the train we had arrived on for another 6 mins waiting for it to return to Finsbury :roll:

Back down to Kings X the plan to go East but we declined a 4 min wait went west to Edgware Rd ran to :arrow: Edgware Rd (Bak) :arrow: E & C :arrow: Westminster (4 mins wait) :arrow: St James :arrow: Aldgate E :arrow: Liverpool St.....

Possibly the worst way to attempt that set of stations, impatience cost us as we had a 4 min wait on the district later anyway + a double back..

A truly shocking effort :lol:

Still darts was fun with some good stuff, nice finishes and close big finishes, even if the "minus" button is still broke on the green side of the electronic scoreboard meaning that we played "upto" 301 not 301 down :!:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
palkanetoijala31

my route entirety

kensington olympia :arrow: earls court swith to pic to :arrow: south kensington :arrow: distrcit to blackfriars :arrow: run my arse off to borough :arrow: bank :arrow: run into monument :arrow: aldgate east :arrow: edgware rd circle :arrow: run to :arrow: edgware rd bakerloo :arrow: regents park run arse off to :arrow: warren street :arrow: euston get across to southbound northern bank branch to :arrow: kings cross :arrow: finsbury park :arrow: highbury & islington
The Raven
All Zones

Post by The Raven »

scrxisi wrote:The next round is twisted in a manner you wouldn't believe, and will be held on 15 December 2012. More details will be in another thread soon!
Oh, no! It's not one of Andi's suggestions again is it?
Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record