R15 Championship 2012/13: Round 2

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
palkanetoijala31

Re: R15 Championship 2012/13: Round 2

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

scrxisi wrote:I'm not saying anything yet, but: did you ever do a three-legged race at school sports day?
yes but i was on my own :lol: and no it isnt i only got the privelage for round 1
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

may i apologise for not doing the survey either as a matter of fact i didnt even look at the questions?
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:may i apologise for not doing the survey either as a matter of fact i didnt even look at the questions?
No you cannot
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

Oh well, you have waited long enough for it, here is how I attempted the Random 15.

What I had planned to do (in my head) was not how the route turned out, with a few long waits for trains going to destinations that I didn't want!

It all started of well as the C stock left KPA on time and down to ECT. At ECT swapped over to the D stocck bound for Tower, which I did get all the way to Tower (bagging the crossover into the middle road). Where I had planned to double back and head to Borough....

However a train back westbound had just departed and the next eastbound was 5 minutes away (to try and clear Aldgate East), so I decided to run all the way to LST (running past Aldgate en route) to try and get Aldgate East from the other direction. It didn't work as I ran onto the Circle line platforms just to see a Barking train disappear, DRAT! 6 minutes for the next one to Aldgate only, and then held for 2 minutes at Aldgate N Junction to allow one out, before finally pulling in to the platform. So back at Aldgate for the second time....

Then it was decision time, do I run east (for Aldgate E) or west to Bank (for Borough). Considering Borough would be a bit far off the beaten track at the end of the challenge, decided to run to Bank for the Northern line. Down to Borough and double back to Bank onky to wait five minutes for an eastbound District to Whitechapel (finally getting Aldgate East visted).

Ran down to the ELL, only to find the train sitting there was for DLJ (stooopid NWX trains), so 5 minutes wait there for one to HHY! HHY being the pig to visit as you could only depart northbound, totally in the wrong direction to EUS...

So up to FPK and then down the Picc to KGX for the Northern line across to EUS to swap branches and head for Warren Street. Now for the transfer across to Regent's Park, handily just as I exited the station 37909 on route 18 turned the corner, so hailed it and jumped on. So At regents Park it was down the stairs for my final two statioons ending at Edgware Road Bakerloo.

It is a surprise I didn't come last! Hindsight is a wonderful thing as today I have been tweaking the route more and more....
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

Ah, so I wasn't the only Bus taker.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Bus w*nker!!