R15 Championship 2012/13: Round 1

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Re: R15 Championship 2012/13: Round 1

Post by Going Underground »

Attendance list
GU
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Going Underground wrote:Attendance list
GU
palkanetoijala31
palkanetoijala31

I do have 3 suggestions for u Mr Berc in a pm so u can decide which u think are viable options out of the 3 and then i decide

i will divulge one of them to the forum it was a suggestion that i actually dont do the challenge but am there in london say we have 6 competitors for the challenge.

we have 2 lists firstly a random 10 with the starting station and finish station 10th fixed u may converse the random stations 2-9 however u wish but must have station 10 be for arguments sake Goodge Street start Covent garden Finish.At Covent garden you would have to find myself or a volunteer who is willing to not do the challenge but hold in their position 6 envelopes with 5 stations inside.

But with a twist 1 of the 6 envelopes will have a fixed easy 5 stations inside all on the same tube line (the first person to find me at Covent garden gets first pick of the envelopes they may get lucky they may not so in theroy the last person say 20m behind might still be the winner if he/she got lucky)

Plus seeing as Nigel is out that day if by pure chance anybody was to spot Nigel on same train and get photo evidence of this 10minutes could come off their time?
Nigel
Zone 5

Post by Nigel »

palkanetoijala31 wrote: Plus seeing as Nigel is out that day if by pure chance anybody was to spot Nigel on same train and get photo evidence of this 10minutes could come off their time?
Quite like that idea (or if I spot I a R15 competitor (without them seeing me) I could text names to the BERC.

By the way, I wont be able to make the R15 on that day :wink:
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

ooooh, 25th August. The day I travel down to Lyme Regis for my summer holiday...
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

Who said that I definately wasn't attending?! Just because it is the start of my holiday does not mean my timetable is full up... Just like on the annual Zone 1 day where I sacrificed a day of my holiday to run round the Tube!
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
hopeful traveller
All Zones

Post by hopeful traveller »

That's dedication!

1 FNC Completion (PB: 17:18:18 with G Bryant, A Chilcraft, I MacNaughton)
4 Zone Ones (PB: 03:00:35 with G Bryant)
15 R15s (PB: 01:55:48 with T Cooling and R Jackson)
11 All Lines (PB: 00:44:03)
Winner of the 2014 Formula 1 Side Competition
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Not sure dedication is what I'd call it...
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

Not sure if I will be there yet. got to see how it fits with football.
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

Potential twist perhaps:

On a date where stations are closed, they are still included in the draw. If one is drawn, you must have a photo taken of you outside the station having arrived by other means.

I cannot make this first event, due to being away at family, but I may try out an R15 this year if I can make it.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
palkanetoijala31

Ah i did think about that including it in the round 1 i leave it up to Mr Berc to announce the horror that i have lined u lot up with to surfice to say its of an obvious benefit to me and sadistic to the rest :lol:

I did have the another random idea of a random 15 with 14 stations shown and a clue like treasure hunt to the final and 15th station (a picture would have to be taken to prove u did pass through that station somewhere along ur route)

other ideas i had was that stations like aldwych and depot like lilly bridge were added and have to have a picture taken.

one other idea i did have was a random 15 where all lists were differant
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

The reason for a photo is because the criteria for visiting a station is 'arrive or depart by train', as this is not possible, some sort of criteria is needed to define visitation. ie... you cant use binoculars from the end on a neighbouring street to visit it.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
palkanetoijala31

scrxisi wrote:
tractakid wrote:Potential twist perhaps:

On a date where stations are closed, they are still included in the draw. If one is drawn, you must have a photo taken of you outside the station having arrived by other means.

I cannot make this first event, due to being away at family, but I may try out an R15 this year if I can make it.
Out of interest, why would there be a requirement to prove you've visited a closed station with a photo when the rest would be taken on trust? Seems bizarre to me. Like the basic idea though, think dudey has suggested it previously. One to argue over for R5 perhaps!
well the clue would be cryptic and while ur going round the challenge you have an extra thing to think about apart from planning in order to prove you actually figured it out i can only think of a photo to prove it or if u did figure it out at least prove by route u passed through station.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Rumour has it the twist is indeed a twist and a half :shock:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
palkanetoijala31

Going Underground wrote:Rumour has it the twist is indeed a twist and a half :shock:
Do you want myself or the Berc to tell you then so u can plan ahead or has he let cat out of bag already?