R15 Championship 2012/13: Round 1

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
greatkingrat
All Zones

Re: R15 Championship 2012/13: Round 1

Post by greatkingrat »

scrxisi wrote:Persons with equal numbers of stations visited under this rule are ranked equally, regardless of how long it took them to visit those stations. Time is only used to determine positions of those who visited the full quota!
You could end up with a situation where everyone has only visited 14 stations (due to a line closure). In that case everyone would be tied and there would be no winner. So I think it would be better to keep time taken as a tie-breaker if not all stations are visited.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Attendance list
GU
palkanetoijala31
tangy
The Raven
greatkingrat
Iain
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Where we meeting afterwards? The Beer Baron probably meeting us at the pub
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
MylesHSG
Zone 5

Post by MylesHSG »

Iain wrote:Attendance list
GU
palkanetoijala31
tangy
The Raven
greatkingrat
Iain
I am technically working, but what the heck I haven't had a sick day in 3 years of working lol
The King is back! Long live The King!
MylesHSG
Zone 5

Post by MylesHSG »

I'd also appreciate not tagging me in any photos or pics...cheers.
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

MylesHSG wrote:I'd also appreciate not tagging me in any photos or pics...cheers.
although its not our fault if u happen to run into any fellow co workers relatives or family.
MylesHSG
Zone 5

Post by MylesHSG »

Cheers in advance guys!
kateyay
Zone 3

Post by kateyay »

Enjoy your challenge today! Hope there are no problems for you too.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Thanks for that Kate :D Also guys should be there in good time now...
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
kateyay
Zone 3

Post by kateyay »

wooot! If I weren't a bit unwell I might have been tempted to come out and join in too! Anyway, go forth and Tube, or whatever an appropriate good luck message is.
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

Just before I finally go away for my holiday, here follows the list of stations and the results.

The stations that needed to be visited were:

--Euston Square (start)
--East Putney
--Totteridge and Whetstone
--Kentish Town
--Lambeth North
--Edgware Road (Circle)
--Manor House
--Bow Road
--Alperton
--North Wembley
--Fairlop
--Hammersmith (Picc)
--Sudbury Hill
--Pimlico
--Goodge Street

There was 7 competitors split into 6 teams, the results are as follows:

1. Tangy: 04:32:42 Fairlop
=. Andi: 04:32:42 Fairlop
3. greatkingrat: 04:49:53 Fairlop
=. The Raven: 04:49:53 Fairlop
5. Going Underground: 04:57:55 Fairlop
6. Iain and mylesHSG: 06:01:49 Alperton. However as this time is over the 6 hours allocated for this challenge, they only visited 14 stations within the time limit and "finished" at Sudbury Hill.

Thanks for all who participated and the date for next Random 15 will be announced in due course.
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

tangy wrote:Just before I finally go away for my holiday, here follows the list of stations and the results.

The stations that needed to be visited were:

--Euston Square (start)
--East Putney
--Totteridge and Whetstone
--Kentish Town
--Lambeth North
--Edgware Road (Circle)
--Manor House
--Bow Road
--Alperton
--North Wembley
--Fairlop
--Hammersmith (Picc)
--Sudbury Hill
--Pimlico
--Goodge Street

There was 7 competitors split into 6 teams, the results are as follows:

1. Tangy: 04:32:42 Fairlop
=. Andi: 04:32:42 Fairlop
3. greatkingrat: 04:49:53 Fairlop
=. The Raven: 04:49:53 Fairlop
5. Going Underground: 04:57:55 Fairlop
6. Iain and mylesHSG: 06:01:49 Alperton. However as this time is over the 6 hours allocated for this challenge, they only visited 14 stations within the time limit and "finished" at Sudbury Hill.

Thanks for all who participated and the date for next Random 15 will be announced in due course.
Seeing the list come out i noticed immediately Edgware road was on list so got on the Westbound Circle line train that was in Euston Square me and Tangy i think were the only ones to do this.I actually did a bit of research in the morning about a Wembley central Sudbury Town tun and saw that this was a possibility so changed at Edgware Road Circle for the bakerloo i could have actually lost tangy at this point but i did hold the door open with my leg so he could have got on.

heading up to north Wembley i got out of the station prepared to run towards Sudbury Hill with the bus as a back up i decided it was too much of a risk and returned back into the station as the bus was arriving at north wembley we doubled back to Wembley Central as we ran out towards Sudbury Town via a nice bus that was waiting to take us there so running was negated.

only a few minutes wait for a train at both Sudbury Town and Sudbury Hill we cruised down the Picc hoping for a lucky District at barons Ct to cut out earls ct none there so we preceeded to just get on a wimbo train at earls ct no waiting at all loving the east Putney Run to Putney (first time i have ever done reverse wise) we ran into station onto a perfect train to Vauxhall even an express.

Double backing Pimlico we changed at Stockwell Tangy was going down to Southbound until i stopped him and Northbound we went to E&C nice change to Bakerloo and switch to Northern at Waterloo on to a High barnet train to T&w (i did think about running to oakleigh park from here but the timings were just too tight i think i had about 9m for the run seeing as i hadnt done before i would have liked around 13m)so after seeing tangy run out for the bus i hesitated for a moment then decided to follow onto a lovely bus 34 (if this had been a minute or too earlier we could have caught the train at the next station down from oakleigh Park)

taking out Manor house the next plan was taking the rail down from Stamford Hill this would have been perfect the train was cancelled so we got back on bus to Hackney central either stopping at Cambridge heath and bethnal green this was another point where a couple of minutes earlier and the run would have been a faster option me thinks.

realising that we had missed a potential double back at Bow rd to Mile end for Hainault train that we wanted we gambled on running to Bow rd DLR and catching it up at Stratford after a wait we picked a WVH for a finishing time and back to H&g.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Thanks to Tangy for sub-bercing :D

We do actually have some dates, although they are a little buried in another thread

"Proposed event calendar (all events to start at 1230 local time, unless advertised differently nearer the time):

Round 1: 25 August 2012
Round 2: 20 October 2012
Round 3: 15 December 2012
Round 4: 09 February 2013
Round 5: 06 April 2013
Round 6: 01 June 2013

The calendar can be considered fixed, but if too few people are slated to attend any event, it MAY be postponed."

My write up for yesterdays R15 will follow later
The Raven
All Zones

Post by The Raven »

My Route

Euston Square :arrow: Great Portland Street :arrow: Warren Street :arrow: Waterloo :arrow: Elephant & Castle :arrow: Stockwell :arrow: Pimlico :arrow: Vauxhall :arrow: Putney :arrow: East Putney :arrow: Earl's Court :arrow: Sudbury Hill :arrow: Sudbury Town :arrow: North Wembley :arrow: Edgware Road (Bak) :arrow: Edgware Road (Cir) :arrow: Euston Square :arrow: Euston :arrow: Totteridge & Weltstone :arrow: Arnos Grove :arrow: Finsbury Park :arrow: Highbury & Islington :arrow: Whitechapel :arrow: Bow Road :arrow: Mile End :arrow: Fairlop

Highlights
- Having a Uxbridge Picc train in the station as arrived at Earl's Court
- 0 min change at Sudbury Hill
- Not getting wet, despite the thunder and lightning. I think lightning may have hit Box Road station as I was arriving!
- Bring back memories of CiN by being back at Totteridge & Weltstone.

Lowlights
- Missing Myles and Iain at East Putney. Sorry guys
- Messing up the London Overground at H&I by jumping on the wrong train, only to see the other train in the platform to leave first!
Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Determined not to rush off in the wrong direction which having stations out in Z4 was key in my mind.
I carefully ringed the stations and by the time I decided which way to go all bar Glen appeared to have departed and we finally left about 5mins after starting the watch due a couple of mins wait....

For once I stuck to the route that came to mind initially, my only slight problem was not knowing bus services that well to link Wembley to Sudbury almost certainly cost me, although I didn't fancy having to get Picc Line both directions on the section of the line.
I was planning to double back North Wembley :arrow: Wembley Central (found out later I could have got a bus at North Wembley) and as I glanced across the platform it was showing 6 mins for a Southbound Bakerloo...

Also at the end trying to get to Bow Road changing at Liverpool Street seeing an 8 mins wait for a Central Eastbound I ran back for the next Circle line which I knew was 1 min behind which I just made but then because of the torrential rain not running the Aldgate's but staying on to Tower Hill definitely cost me a district line I saw pass me and typically a I ran around for a sexy change only to see a Circle line there!

Aside that I had a very good run around but arriving at the pub clearly some time after the others what I thought would comfortably be a top 3 time turned out not to be :(

Anyway here is how is went....

Euston Sq :arrow: Edgware Road run to :arrow: Edgware Road :arrow: Kenton run to :arrow: Northwick Park :arrow: Harrow on the Hill bus route 395 to :arrow: South Harrow :arrow: Earls Court :arrow: East Putney run to :arrow: Putney NR :arrow: Vauxhall :arrow: Pimlico :arrow: Stockwell :arrow: E & C :arrow: Waterloo :arrow: Totteridge and Whetstone (Via change at Camden Town) run to :arrow: Oakleigh Road for bus route 125 to :arrow: Southgate :arrow: Finsbury Park :arrow: Kings Cross :arrow: Liverpool Street back on Circle Line :arrow: Tower Hill :arrow: West Ham :arrow: Stratford :arrow: Fairlop

Got to say loved this round through up some new scenarios and I learnt one or two new things so all in favour of something similar again... :D