Computer generated AZ route

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
lazza747

Post by lazza747 »

joy54 wrote:Waterloo is wrong yes. It was a photo I gave Geoff when I was doing the All Line Challenge the same day as I had no photos of me on Alphabet
Ah, now you just corrected me - I now know your entire route.

*rolls eyes*
hwolge
Zone 6

Post by hwolge »

By using the more modern Journey Planner (a bit harder, admittedly), my computer came up with the following route

http://lund.dyndns.org/zone1/alphabet_table.htm
where
Tag is station type (S=start, -=through, D=double back, X=full change,E=end).
ChangeTimes are 90s for full, and 20 for double back.
AvgWait and
TravelTime are based on averages at around 10 o'clock in the morning.

Angel, Bank, Chancery Lane, Dollis Hill, Euston Square, Farringdon, Great Portland Street, Harrow-on-the-Hil, Ickenham, King´s Cross St. Pancras, Leicester Square, Marble Arch, Notting Hill Gate, Oxford Circus, Piccadilly Circus, Queensway, Russell Square, ,St. Paul´s, Tower Hill, Upton Park, Victoria, and Westminster

would be done in 5h14m - very close to the inofficial record, I believe.

HÃ¥kan
:) Three times Zone 1 Challenge winner :)
:) Official record holder in the 2008 Guinness Book of Records, pg 199 :)
prestolee
Zone 1

Post by prestolee »

Interesting. Ickenham to Leicester Sq via Kings Cross or Knightsbridge would be an interesting call - I be tempted to take the first train be it a Met or Piccadilly and let that decide the matter.
hwolge wrote:By using the more modern Journey Planner (a bit harder, admittedly), my computer came up with the following route
Which Journey Planner was it ?
hwolge
Zone 6

Post by hwolge »

I was referring to

http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/user/X ... nsActive=1.

The best thing - of course - being that it actually can find Buses, DLR, Trams, Rail, River boats :!: and walking as well...

However, unfortunatly none of these modes of transportation (except walking) comes into play with this particular route... Unless you change it a bit of course:

The following change could be most interesting - between Queensway and Upton Park - do:

Rotherhithe, Shadwell, (DLR) Tower Hill

instead. Seems to be almost identical in time.

Another interesting variation would be to do Kilburn :shock: , Lancaster Gate instead of KX, Leicester Square - also competitive...

HÃ¥kan
:) Three times Zone 1 Challenge winner :)
:) Official record holder in the 2008 Guinness Book of Records, pg 199 :)