Potential R15 twist for 2012/13

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
snudge27
All Zones

Potential R15 twist for 2012/13

Post by snudge27 »

I was thinking about R15s earlier, and thought of a potential twist for use in a future round.

Perhaps the list of stations could be 'crowd sourced' from those wishing to attend in the week before the event. It could work as follows:

Starting station is randomly generated, leaving 14 stations to be sourced

(Assuming 7 attendees) each attendee PMs two station choices (plus a reserve in case of repeated selections) to an impartial third party, who collates the choices

Third party then produces the lists and provides them to BERC, who can then print and seal the lists

I guess this twist could add an element of strategy to the whole thing - do you pick a 'convenient' station such as KXSP, or another easily accessible station, or do you pick a station out on a limb, in the hope that you can make a good connection from it whilst flummoxing others?

What do you reckon?
MylesHSG
Zone 5

Re: Potential R15 twist for 2012/13

Post by MylesHSG »

Thats fantastic!
The King is back! Long live The King!
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

I have thought of another twist it was discussed a while ago was the buddy thing being paired up with someone randomly (i going to use Richie g as an example sorry richie g no offence) Richie g one of the slower members paired with say me one of the faster members.We both go on a seperate random 15 in differant directions from the start and do the 14 other stations as fast as i can but the times are added together to make a whole.
Rhys1995
Zone 5

Post by Rhys1995 »

Sounds like something to look into.
Otherwise known as 'Action Jackson'.
RichieG
Zone 6
Location: Still getting lost between Aldgate and Aldgate East

Post by RichieG »

I had an idea before I found out about the *actual* R15, which I have refined slightly. It's a pretty shite idea tbh, but I'll chuck it out there.

My original idea was a different list of stations for each entrant. This wouldn't have worked as it was pointed out that it could be very unfair - one person could have fifteen stations in a row on the Circle line, and another all the stations on the zone 2/3 boundary and Kenny O.

However, a possible idea would be to have two (or more) different lists, a person would have the choice of envelopes, one may have a good set of stations, the other might not... who knows?
Attempts: 2 (17h38m, 238 stations) (unknown, 200 stations); Completions: 0; GWR: 0; PBs: 0.
#####################################
The Richie G website: occasionally frequently updated.