Thursday 29th Sept
71%

Total votes: 7

greatkingrat
All Zones

Re: Cannon Street Run VI, Weds 28th OR Thurs 29th September

Post by greatkingrat »

Looks like it will be Thursday then.

One question, if you arrive at a station at the end of the "first half", and then wait 15 minutes and depart from the same station on a different line at the beginning of the "second half", would you still get 2 interchange points?
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Re: Cannon Street Run VI, Weds 28th OR Thurs 29th September

Post by Going Underground »

greatkingrat wrote:Looks like it will be Thursday then.

One question, if you arrive at a station at the end of the "first half", and then wait 15 minutes and depart from the same station on a different line at the beginning of the "second half", would you still get 2 interchange points?
I would say not as the "half time" whistle has gone so it is a new play...
Just one point regarding interchanges, an actual platform change would count for example if you switched from Met to Circle at Aldgate and crossed platforms this would be deemed a successful interchange. Opposed to stepping off at at Temple and getting on the next train to arrive...
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Re: Cannon Street Run VI, Thurs 29th September

OK this is confirmed as Thursday 29th Sept...

Meet outside Cannon Street station by 1835hrs to catch first train in your chosen direction after 1845hrs....
After the full time whistle blows meet up at Earls Court Mc'ds.....
All crystal clear I trust :P
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

Oh, arrrr. Ye olde Cannon Street Run eh? Master Tangy will push me vessel into the murky Underground waters... ye lot can walk ze plank!
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
RichieG
Zone 6
Location: Still getting lost between Aldgate and Aldgate East

Post by RichieG »

Unless by some miracle Student Finance are on the ball, I shan't be able to attend this one...
Attempts: 2 (17h38m, 238 stations) (unknown, 200 stations); Completions: 0; GWR: 0; PBs: 0.
#####################################
The Richie G website: occasionally frequently updated.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Four able seaman sailed the somewhat becalmed and tropical waters this evening and the results are as follows for the inaugural "game of two halves"

4th Midshipman tangy 24pts + 26pts = total 50
3rd Lieutenant Soup Dragon 29pts + 24pts = total 53
2nd Captain greatkingrat 32pts + 27pts = total 59
1st Fleet Admiral Going Underground 31pts + 31pts = total 62

So tangy be walking his own plank and I will hoist me Jolly Roger, shiver me timbers :P :wink:
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Not that it makes any difference to the final results, but I don't think we all stuck to the rules as defined in the original 60 minute challenge in the Nordic Combined, I certainly would have done things differently if I knew that the rules had changed. Examples are given of what is a "pointless" change as I was trying to explain at McD's when we had completed the challenge.
One day I shall return!
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Soup Dragon wrote:Not that it makes any difference to the final results, but I don't think we all stuck to the rules as defined in the original 60 minute challenge in the Nordic Combined, I certainly would have done things differently if I knew that the rules had changed. Examples are given of what is a "pointless" change as I was trying to explain at McD's when we had completed the challenge.
What page / post does it cover this on the Nordic Combined thread? I thought you change wherever you wanted and just didn't score interchange points for stepping of a circle then onto the next district from the same platform? I thought anything else was fair game?
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Did anyone go to McDonald's in the end?
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

The rule is purely designed to stop competitors just continually changing lines to try and rack up points with meaningless changes. I will try and give an example of the rule again:

Say you are travelling from Camden Town to Moorgate on the Northern Line (Bank Branch), and you decide to change at KXSP to the Victoria Line and go back to Euston, and then switch back to the Northern line to continue to Moorgate. this would score ZERO bonus points, You would only score SIX points for the stations you've visited.

Another example, travelling from Camden Town to TCR on the Northern Line (this time via Mornington Cres.) You change at Euston, Northern (Bank Branch) to KXSP, then on to the Victoria Line to Warren Street and then back onto the Northern Line to TCR. This combo of stations and changes would score you SIX bonus points and SEVEN stations visited = 13 points.
It's on page 2 of the Nordic Combined, my 2nd and 3rd posts on that page refer to what changes are allowed.
Basically I think you could say that a change of line has to be a change of direction to count as an interchange.
So taking a journey Lambeth North > Charing Cross, you would have to remain on the Bakerloo line, changing to the Northern at Waterloo and then back to the Bakerloo at Embankment would score zero interchange points, however... if you took the Jubilee at Waterloo to Westminster, then Cirlcle to Embankment, and back on the Bakerloo to Charing Cross, this would score 6 interchange points.
One day I shall return!
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Starkey7 wrote:Did anyone go to McDonald's in the end?
Yes all of us, we sat upstairs around 9pm