DLR Challenge

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
geofftech
All Zones

Re: DLR Challenge

Post by geofftech »

I'd just like to take this opportunity to point out that I have a 10 year old nephew. Ripe age for 'grooming' to do a full network methinks, when the day comes that I really am too old to do it anymore.
Nigel
Zone 5

Post by Nigel »

geofftech wrote:I'd just like to take this opportunity to point out that I have a 10 year old nephew. Ripe age for 'grooming' to do a full network methinks, when the day comes that I really am too old to do it anymore.
If I can still do a full network, you've got plenty of years left yet!
Ivo
Zone 1

Post by Ivo »

Got back from the challenge a couple of hours ago (to Southend), and given the potential for competition all I will say is that we scored a time of well under 3 hours. We have learned however that the DLR use their own times which seem to be three minutes behind everyone else! We should have had a +3 at Woolwich Arsenal, and according to the DLR indicators we arrived on time. And then it magically took five minutes to get to the Southeastern platforms! (In practice, it was about 90 seconds.)

We also had delays at Poplar (before Woolwich) and, far more severely, Westferry (afterwards). Neil also managed to send us onto a westbound District train at Monument, courtesy of following the signs for eastbound trains! (As it happens, we got the same train from Cannon Street anyway.)

Lastly, based on what we have learned we feel that a time of under 2 hours is just about doable, subject to running times between the two Stratford termini when Westfield opens.

One day, I'll do the full LUL challenge. I just won't go for the record! I'm not fit enough for that...
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

You can't claim the record if you don't tell us what time you got!
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
Ivo
Zone 1

Post by Ivo »

OK, OK. Fair enough. I wondered if anyone would say that.

Our time was 2:35. If everything had gone to plan, by which I mean the DLR times were correct and we hadn't been badly delayed out of Westferry (and also Poplar before Woolwich, but in practice it didn't make any real difference; we can also wonder though because we should have made the Woolwich to Lewisham train...), our time would have been 27 minutes faster: 2:08. That thus becomes our new target, although we feel that under 2 is just about possible.

Once again, 2:35 was our time. And maybe after this I'll post in a different thread?

P.S.: We have met before now, possibly in Birmingham, have we not? :)
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Ivo wrote:OK, OK. Fair enough. I wondered if anyone would say that.

Our time was 2:35. If everything had gone to plan, by which I mean the DLR times were correct and we hadn't been badly delayed out of Westferry (and also Poplar before Woolwich, but in practice it didn't make any real difference; we can also wonder though because we should have made the Woolwich to Lewisham train...), our time would have been 27 minutes faster: 2:08. That thus becomes our new target, although we feel that under 2 is just about possible.

Once again, 2:35 was our time. And maybe after this I'll post in a different thread?

P.S.: We have met before now, possibly in Birmingham, have we not? :)
U did Peter was on the winning team!