zone 1 august

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
moley
Site Administrator

Re: zone 1 august

Post by moley »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:I mean the irony is they are coming to do one of our challenges
Really - did we on the forum invent the challenge? I bet we were not the first people to try and visit every station in Zone 1 by tube.
palkanetoijala31 wrote:if they turned up to our zone 1 we be very welcoming.
This I agree with. (Although presumably someone will say 'as long a they registered in advance'!)

I made this point a while ago - we don't own these challenges any more that we dont own the GWR challenge. I know people would like to think that we do. Some people will be in for a big shock on day when the GWR is taken by someone who has no interest in using the forum, or having it shouted about in the wider media. Someone, one day, will be happy just to have their name listed with GWR.
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Yeah, get off my forum and stop doing my challenges!
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
The Raven
All Zones

Post by The Raven »

tubeguru wrote:Yeah, get off my forum and stop doing my challenges!
Get of my land! I mean underground!
Go Pack Go!
One of the New York Six
Former holder of Zone One, Overground and DLR record
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

moley wrote:
palkanetoijala31 wrote:I mean the irony is they are coming to do one of our challenges
Really - did we on the forum invent the challenge? I bet we were not the first people to try and visit every station in Zone 1 by tube.
This I agree with. (Although presumably someone will say 'as long a they registered in advance'!)

I made this point a while ago - we don't own these challenges any more that we dont own the GWR challenge. I know people would like to think that we do. Some people will be in for a big shock on day when the GWR is taken by someone who has no interest in using the forum, or having it shouted about in the wider media. Someone, one day, will be happy just to have their name listed with GWR.
if there was a zone 1 challenge before 2004 and ewan spence i dont know whether the forum invented it or not the irony is they abandoned the rails and trying the tube for 1 day.
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Now I may be mistaken but do tube trains not run on rails? :P
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

palkanetoijala31 wrote: if there was a zone 1 challenge before 2004 and ewan spence i dont know whether the forum invented it or not the irony is they abandoned the rails and trying the tube for 1 day.
Well the forum didn't exist in 2004. As far as I am aware Geoff came up with the original idea on his website and I was the first person to actually do it (3:16:59). However it is certainly possible that someone else came up with the idea independently before that and there is no way to know for certain.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

greatkingrat wrote:
palkanetoijala31 wrote: if there was a zone 1 challenge before 2004 and ewan spence i dont know whether the forum invented it or not the irony is they abandoned the rails and trying the tube for 1 day.
Well the forum didn't exist in 2004. As far as I am aware Geoff came up with the original idea on his website and I was the first person to actually do it (3:16:59).
Just in case there is any ambiguity in the above, Geoff mooted the idea of a Zone 1 Challenge, but it was my idea to start the TC website, and associated forum.

The forum was created on the 30th of January, 2005 with help from Moley, who hosts the database.

Member of sweet FA
jamesthegill
All Zones

Post by jamesthegill »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:
moley wrote:

if there was a zone 1 challenge before 2004 and ewan spence i dont know whether the forum invented it or not the irony is they abandoned the rails and trying the tube for 1 day.
I'm still not understanding how it's ironic...
Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

jamesthegill wrote:
palkanetoijala31 wrote:
palkanetoijala31 wrote:If there was a zone 1 challenge before 2004 and ewan spence i dont know whether the forum invented it or not the irony is they abandoned the rails and trying the tube for 1 day.
I'm still not understanding how it's ironic...
I don't understand IT.

Member of sweet FA
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

tubeguru wrote:I don't understand IT.
Help is at hand. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_C ... ng_Licence
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

tubeguru wrote:
greatkingrat wrote:
Well the forum didn't exist in 2004. As far as I am aware Geoff came up with the original idea on his website and I was the first person to actually do it (3:16:59).
Just in case there is any ambiguity in the above, Geoff mooted the idea of a Zone 1 Challenge, but it was my idea to start the TC website, and associated forum.

The forum was created on the 30th of January, 2005 with help from Moley, who hosts the database.
Agreed, in fact the website had been started by Neil about a month earlier from memory. I just helped with the forum.

Most definitely Niel's baby. (I don't do nappies)!

We gained most of our members in the peiod between July 7 2005 and 25 August 2007 from memory.
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

moley wrote:Agreed, in fact the website had been started by Neil about a month earlier from memory. I just helped with the forum.
He says that, but without him we'd have no forum.

Member of sweet FA
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

tubeguru wrote:
moley wrote:Agreed, in fact the website had been started by Neil about a month earlier from memory. I just helped with the forum.
He says that, but without him we'd have no forum.
Neil / Chris

Many thanks to you both for starting and running the forum :D

Long may it continue.....
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

You are on total suck up today... first Bob... now Neil/Chris :P
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver