My Alphabetical route

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
yayrabies

My Alphabetical route

Post by yayrabies »

Alphabet challenge? I've tried it today. Out by 19 minutes. But the tubes were good.
Started at Aldgate :wink:
Finished at Westminster :wink:

Anywhere I'm more intrested in the first route. Do you come to the Woodford route? (Aldgate, Bethnal Green, Chigwell, Debden, Epping, Fairlop, Gants Hill) Never mind coming back for Hanuilt.
Just come to Harrow on the Hill, to Ickenham. Back on the Metropolitian line to Wembely Park coming past Kilburn changing and Bond Street. Switching platforms constantly for Lancaster Gate, Marble Arch, Notting Hill Gate, Oxford Circus, Coming to Paddington past Royal Oak to Sheperds Bush running to the Central line for Tottenham Court Road. I then changed at Bank for Monument coming to Upton Park taking Circle District to Victoria and Westminster.
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

Interesting, but unfortunately you forgot the letter 'Q'. So you will have to add in Queens Park, Queensway or Queensbury.
yayrabies

Post by yayrabies »

greatkingrat wrote:Interesting, but unfortunately you forgot the letter 'Q'. So you will have to add in Queens Park, Queensway or Queensbury.
Add Queensway :oops: :wink:
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

I am not convinced by the start of your route. It seems like going all the way out to Epping and having to wait for the crappy Woodford-Hainault service not once but twice is a very bad idea. My route also starts at Aldgate and goes via Harrow on the Hill but all but one of my stations from B to G are in zone 1.
lazza747

Post by lazza747 »

greatkingrat wrote:I am not convinced by the start of your route. It seems like going all the way out to Epping and having to wait for the crappy Woodford-Hainault service not once but twice is a very bad idea. My route also starts at Aldgate and goes via Harrow on the Hill but all but one of my stations from B to G are in zone 1.
The missing one being D of course :-)

For my money, U is the pain in the arse. You've just been out to Ickenham, come back for K to T and then have to go to either Upton Park or Uxbridge before coming back for Victoria or Vauxhall.
Yorkie
Zone 3

Alphabet Rules

Post by Yorkie »

Can anyone clarify a few things for me:

DLR included?
Rail stations on standard tube map included?
Standard tube maps list Kensington (Olympia) and Olympia. Which one counts, K or O ?
lazza747

Re: Alphabet Rules

Post by lazza747 »

Yorkie wrote:Can anyone clarify a few things for me:

DLR included?
Rail stations on standard tube map included?
Standard tube maps list Kensington (Olympia) and Olympia. Which one counts, K or O ?
DLR - No
National Rail - No
Kensington Olympia is one station and is shown on every tube map I've ever seen as Kensington (Olympia). That's a K. Where are you getting the other one from?
Yorkie
Zone 3

Post by Yorkie »

lazza747 wrote:
Kensington Olympia is one station and is shown on every tube map I've ever seen as Kensington (Olympia). That's a K. Where are you getting the other one from?
Index on back of current map (Where I got my electronic list of all the stations without typing them in) eg. this 44kb pdf here
yayrabies

Post by yayrabies »

One little question.
I asked everyone if they had used another route?
I was so suprised with the response from everyone.
Woodford-Hanuilt was brilliant, The first train was 2 1/2 minutes to via Hanuilt, and back was cool only a 5 minute wait. The real let down was the Central line coming back on myself while at Lancaster Gate, Marble Arch, Notting Hill Gate, Oxford Circus, that took 51 minutes. I had estimated 30!
zeibura
Zone 5

Post by zeibura »

you did well if you were out by 19 minutes - there are a couple of extensive stretches at the start of your route that i personally wouldn't bother with. when we set the record of 5:20:25, we got REALLY lucky that day with great changes, our longest wait being 5 minutes.

and yes, that little central line boing boing is rather extensive :P
Ukončete, prosíme, vystup a nastup, dveře se zavirají
lazza747

Post by lazza747 »

Yorkie wrote:
lazza747 wrote:
Index on back of current map (Where I got my electronic list of all the stations without typing them in) eg. this 44kb pdf here
Ah yes, I see what you mean.

They've simply duplicated its name on the back so that people who are looking for 'Olympia' or 'Kensington Olympia' (whichever they call it) can find it.

There is only ONE railway station called Kensington (Olympia).