15%
NOT 11th September
19%

Total votes: 26

greatkingrat
All Zones

Re: Random 15 - Round One - 4th September - Whitechapel

Post by greatkingrat »

Like the other teams, I started by heading up to Dalston Junction and taking a leisurely stroll over to Dalston Kingsland as we knew there was plenty of time before the next NLL to Stratford. At Stratford I decided to take the DLR to Bow Church while Kevin/Tangy went via Mile End. As I was entering the ticket hall at Bow Road I saw them dashing down the stairs and just managed to follow them onto the train before the doors closed.

We then were held at Whitechapel for a minute or two which proved critical as we just missed a Circle at Aldgate allowing Matt/Sam/Al to catch up during the 10 minute wait for the next train. I decided to leave the rest by doubling back at Barbican. Unfortunately I again just missed a train and the next one was 9 minutes away so had to run to Moorgate instead.

Northern to London Bridge, Jubilee to Canada Water, then more bad luck as the first ELL train was going to New Cross. At that point I knew I wasn't doing very well so decided to try something a bit random. I went on an expedition to the wilds of zone 4 by staying on the ELL to Penge East before running to Penge West (or was it the other way round!) to catch a Southeastern service to Brixton. Again, the connection wasn't great and had to wait 10 minutes at Penge.

Victoria to Brixton, Picc to Hammersmith, another long wait for a District to Turnham Green, then back to Earls Court to catch the first C stock to arrive in either direction. Down to Putney Bridge, slow double back, before finishing at Paddington.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
Starkey7
All Zones

Re: Random 15 - Round One - 4th September - Whitechapel

Post by Starkey7 »

It was the other way around!