Ideas for twists in future R15s

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
Mitchell&BrownLook
Zone 4

Re: Ideas for twists in future R15s

Post by Mitchell&BrownLook »

Starkey7 wrote:And yet Paddington stations do abutt!
The two Paddington LUL stations don't, but yes once the National Rail station is included, all three do.
RichieG
Zone 6
Location: Still getting lost between Aldgate and Aldgate East

Post by RichieG »

So, if NR stations were included, it would make Paddington station one instead of two (/three)? Sound complicated...

Also, one could argue that if when NR stations are included, not only would Paddington have the possibility to become one station, but as alluded to, King's Cross NR, St Pancras NR and Kings Cross St Pancras LUL become one station, would that not also be the same for Bank and Monument?
Attempts: 2 (17h38m, 238 stations) (unknown, 200 stations); Completions: 0; GWR: 0; PBs: 0.
#####################################
The Richie G website: occasionally frequently updated.
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

:? :(
RichieG
Zone 6
Location: Still getting lost between Aldgate and Aldgate East

Post by RichieG »

Yeah, I think I confused myself there...
Attempts: 2 (17h38m, 238 stations) (unknown, 200 stations); Completions: 0; GWR: 0; PBs: 0.
#####################################
The Richie G website: occasionally frequently updated.
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Well, no I was just emoticonalising my confusion and sadness that these rules were getting so complicated.
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Well if I have anything to do with it we wont be including NR in the R15 championship. I think there is enough scope with DLR and LO.
We've done a dozen differenct R15's now and they still aren't boring, by adding more complications it could ruin what is a great little challenge.
One day I shall return!
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Also, LO and the DLR are at least on the tube map which would warrant them having an entry. NR can get lost :P
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
Mitchell&BrownLook
Zone 4

Post by Mitchell&BrownLook »

Firstly let me begin by writing that previously I was only describing the mood and agreement of the previous thread, which irritatingly I still can not find. In doing this I wasn't either supporting or condoning a Random 15 event with National Rail stations myself personally.

However with this in mind I feel the need to clear up Richie & Steven's confusion over a series of stations, as unwittingly I seem to have become the only person able to understand the previously stated opinion of the forum at large. (Which coincidentally the forum at large is allowed to change!)

Here is an abridged version of my quote earlier in this thread.
Mitchell&BrownLook wrote:The established principle was to follow the Guinness World Record rules, namely if there are two physically separate stations or structures that do do not directly abut to each other then they should be counted separately. This rule is only broken when the stations have different names, with an example being the three stations of St Pancras, King's Cross and King's Cross St Pancras.
Hence Paddington does become one station for the purpose of this challenge only, while the three stations on Euston Road remain as three stations much as Bank and Monument remain as two stations for the main world record.

I hope that the rules to this (currently) theoretically challenge have now been made crystal clear by myself. If not I'm beginning to feel like Geoff!

But at least Geoff is actually a keen supporter of his challenge, because as previously stated I'm pretty neutral with mine!