Tube Olympics 2010 - Event 5 - R15 (Round 4) - 27FEB

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
jonny
Zone 6

Re: Tube Olympics 2010 - Event 5 - R15 (Round 4) - 27FEB

Post by jonny »

Sam wrote:
JoeGJ1984 wrote:Incidentally, when I was on the train down, they announced they were selling travelcards on the train, so I decided to buy one then to save some time. Bought a zones 1-4 travelcard and it cost £6.30. (This seems expensive. Should that be the price? It says Off-peak and says between London Terminals and London zones 1-4.)
Yes, that is the correct price, quite why you bought 1-4 and not 1-2 (at 5.60) though!! It's not really that expensive for all tube and train travel from the time you bought it until 4.30am plus unlimited bus travel....
Also, with Clapham South being closed but available for pass-through, am I right in thinking it might have been necessary to travel to Balham (zone 3)? And the same with Archway requiring you to travel to Highgate (also zone 3).
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

jonny wrote:
Sam wrote:
JoeGJ1984 wrote:Incidentally, when I was on the train down, they announced they were selling travelcards on the train, so I decided to buy one then to save some time. Bought a zones 1-4 travelcard and it cost £6.30. (This seems expensive. Should that be the price? It says Off-peak and says between London Terminals and London zones 1-4.)
Yes, that is the correct price, quite why you bought 1-4 and not 1-2 (at 5.60) though!! It's not really that expensive for all tube and train travel from the time you bought it until 4.30am plus unlimited bus travel....
Also, with Clapham South being closed but available for pass-through, am I right in thinking it might have been necessary to travel to Balham (zone 3)? And the same with Archway requiring you to travel to Highgate (also zone 3).
That is correct Jonny, if either of those stations had been drawn out of the bag/hat then a zone 3 visit would have been required.
One day I shall return!
Mitchell&BrownLook
Zone 4

Post by Mitchell&BrownLook »

However I believe they were excepting Zone 1-2 travel cards up to those outlying stations in zone 3, while the engineering works were in place.

I am right, aren't I tangy?
jonny
Zone 6

Post by jonny »

Ooh, well that's nice of them. Would they have configured Oyster machines to do the same?