Tube Olympics 2010 - Event 1 - Biathlon - 13FEB

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
greatkingrat
All Zones

Re: Tube Olympics 2010 - Event 1 - Biathlon

Post by greatkingrat »

A couple of questions about the drinking part of the challenge:

Does it matter if you have your pint before, during, or after the darts?
Can one player start throwing darts while the other orders at the bar?
At the Horse & Groom, can you have your pint ready and waiting before the challenge officially starts or do you have to buy it after the watches start?
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

greatkingrat wrote:A couple of questions about the drinking part of the challenge:

Does it matter if you have your pint before, during, or after the darts? NO
Can one player start throwing darts while the other orders at the bar? YES - see below
At the Horse & Groom, can you have your pint ready and waiting before the challenge officially starts or do you have to buy it after the watches start? YES

I would suggest we all have our first drink ready before starting the watches. At subsequent pubs one of the team members can start throwing whilst the other orders drinks, however, the first player will only be allowed to throw three darts (unless rule 4 applies) and will have to wait for his team mate to throw his darts before having another throw.

The rules for this are getting almost as complex as the GWR rules!
One day I shall return!
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

As this is the official opening event of the 2010 games, we will be meeting at the Horse & Groom from 12:00 for a few pre-challenge drinks and several legs of darts to warm you up for the main event. If there are at least 4 Tube Challengers present the results will count toward TCDL 2010. The main challenge will kick off promptly at 14:00, so don't be late!
One day I shall return!
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Soup Dragon wrote:
greatkingrat wrote: The rules for this are getting almost as complex as the GWR rules!
Just to clarify what we spoke about earlier....

Your 4 round the board dart games MUST be at 4 different pubs but you have to visit the pubs mentioned 1st to establish if the board is available or not before seeking an alternative venue or blagging your way onto the board or waiting This would also apply at the last pub The Green Man, if you got there and the board was busy you are fully entitled to seek an alternative pub out... :)

Soup Dragon
Andi & Sara
Going Underground
Dr Who
greatkingrat
Beer Baron
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Soup Dragon wrote:As this is the official opening event of the 2010 games, we will be meeting at the Horse & Groom from 12:00 for a few pre-challenge drinks and several legs of darts to warm you up for the main event. If there are at least 4 Tube Challengers present the results will count toward TCDL 2010. The main challenge will kick off promptly at 14:00, so don't be late!
Yes time for me to get into "The Widow" of opportunity :lol: :wink:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Re: Tube Olympics 2010 - Event 1 - Biathlon - 13FEB

Post by Soup Dragon »

The first event proved to be very exciting with three of the four teams arriving at Hatton Cross on the same train. After a sprint to The Green Man all three teams got down to the bullseye finish within a few darts of each other. It was Kevin and Ryan Brown who held their nerve to win the opening Gold Medals of the winter games, full results as follows:

1. 2:12:27 Kevin & Ryan Brown
2. 2:16:04 Peter Smyth & Tom Wood*
3. 2:24:07 Jamie & Antony Brown
4. 2:49:20 Andi James & Sara Wearn

*For the first leg in the Horse & Groom, Peter's partner was Jonny (see http://darts.scriv.me.uk/profiles.php?player=013 for Jonny's stats) Tom arrived mid way through the first leg and continued with Peter for the remainder of the challenge.
One day I shall return!
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Really good fun this one and much more frantic and more tiring than I imagined.....
It was amazing with all the rushing around that all our team lost was the stick of chalk in The Angel...
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

It's actually quite amazing what you can achieve in a little over 2 hours 12 minutes (or in my case 2 hours 24 minutes). I think this challenge is certainly one that should be repeated in the 2014 games. Out of interest how did everyone get to The Angel pub? Myself & Jamie ran to Goodge Street and took the Northern line to TCR.
One day I shall return!
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Soup Dragon wrote:It's actually quite amazing what you can achieve in a little over 2 hours 12 minutes (or in my case 2 hours 24 minutes). I think this challenge is certainly one that should be repeated in the 2014 games. Out of interest how did everyone get to The Angel pub? Myself & Jamie ran to Goodge Street and took the Northern line to TCR.
we walked down the road after a massive argument in the horse and groom seeing as we walked everywhere our time wasnt too bad consedering without the pressure we completed our 2 round the clock really fast.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

First to leave the H & G we ran to Oxford Circus frantically listening for others chasing us down the Road which of course didn't happen... We got Central Line to TCR ran to the Pub and saw Tom in the doorway of the Angel :o
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

scrxisi wrote:
palkanetoijala31 wrote:...our time wasnt too bad consedering without the pressure we completed our 2 round the clock really fast.
You do know you had to do 4 round the clocks don't you ;)
yes but 2 of them were unpressured by u lot we did them really fast the others we crumpled.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Soup Dragon wrote: 15 Feb 2010, 22:25 Out of interest how did everyone get to The Angel pub? Myself & Jamie ran to Goodge Street and took the Northern line to TCR.
We ran to Oxford Circus and got Central Line to TCR :P
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

I suspect that is the longest time ever between a question and its answer!
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

And I had already answered it anyway :?