Random 15 Championship 2009/10

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Re: Random 15 Championship 2009/10

Post by Going Underground »

Hi Joe

A warm welcome to the forum :D

You can indeed enter the championship at any time you like and take part in as few or as many R15's as you want....

Yeah we either meet in the entrance hall or just outside, if it was a station like Oxford Circus then we would definitely specify a specific entrance, we are normally quite easy to spot anyway :wink:

The whole thing is done on trust, you start your watch when the envelopes are opened and stop the watch when the doors open at the last station you visit, hand your time to the BERC at the pub and let him know if you are playing a joker or not..

We have run a poll to detremine start times and it's not always fixed at 12:00. It has been later on other occasions

Quite a few people go solo so I am sure that a team mate could be found at the start for you :)

Well who knows what will come out the "randomator" there is a possibility that an upcoming round could include Z3 stations and also the Overground and we have already done one with the DLR.... A bulk standard R15 has no fixed starting station and they are all tube stops within Z1 & Z2..

Hope to see you in Jan 8)
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Hi Joe, welcome. No, you can join in the Random 15 any time you like! But any random 15s that you do attend will give you points for the Random 15 League table.

We do indeed meet up outside the barrier line. But I've been thinking that really we shouldn't do that. It doesn't do to be clogging the ticket hall up, and when the envelopes are open and the mad rush of people down the stairs begins, I do wonder if we're really creating a good impression.
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Hi Joe, as the self appointed BERC (Bernie Ecclestone of Random 15 Championship) I'd like to welcome you to the forum. Anyone can take part in the R15 Championship and there are still 3 rounds to go and 40* points to play for. You can either go around solo or compete as part of a team and there is no limit on the size of the team. Nobody knows the stations until the envelope is open and then you must visit all stations in whatever order you like in the fastest possible time.

The next round will possibly be held as part of the Tube Olympics in February, more details to follow.
One day I shall return!
al
Zone 6

Post by al »

Soup Dragon wrote:Hi Joe, as the self appointed BERC (Bernie Ecclestone of Random 15 Championship) I'd like to welcome you to the forum. Anyone can take part in the R15 Championship and there are still 3 rounds to go and 40* points to play for. You can either go around solo or compete as part of a team and there is no limit on the size of the team. Nobody knows the stations until the envelope is open and then you must visit all stations in whatever order you like in the fastest possible time.

The next round will possibly be held as part of the Tube Olympics in February, more details to follow.
I'm guessing SD meant to explain the asterix by the 40 points. You get 10 points for winning each R15, and then there is a Joker you can play on one round to double your points. This would get you to 40 points.
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

al wrote:
Soup Dragon wrote:Hi Joe, as the self appointed BERC (Bernie Ecclestone of Random 15 Championship) I'd like to welcome you to the forum. Anyone can take part in the R15 Championship and there are still 3 rounds to go and 40* points to play for. You can either go around solo or compete as part of a team and there is no limit on the size of the team. Nobody knows the stations until the envelope is open and then you must visit all stations in whatever order you like in the fastest possible time.

I'm guessing SD meant to explain the asterix by the 40 points. You get 10 points for winning each R15, and then there is a Joker you can play on one round to double your points. This would get you to 40 points.
Exactly Al! Anyone who has already played their joker only has only a maximum of 30 points to play for, but don't forget that anyone who competes in all 6 rounds has to drop their lowest score, so the maximum possible score is 60 points (Only Steven Karahan, Tom Wood and yours truely can still score maximum though).
One day I shall return!
JoeGJ1984
Zone 3

Post by JoeGJ1984 »

When's the next round going to be? There is a list several pages back which says it will be in January, but no mention of it yet. You said about it being in the Tube Olympics in February later on. I think it's now time to open a poll for the preferred date (I'll leave that to the BERC).
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Round 4 will be a date in February as part of Tube Olympics, the starting station will be Canada Water. Full date and starting time TBA.
One day I shall return!
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

Soup Dragon wrote:Round 4 will be a date in February as part of Tube Olympics, the starting station will be Canada Water. Full date and starting time TBA.
Any particular reason for Canada Water? On at least one Saturday in February it isn't even open.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

greatkingrat wrote:
Soup Dragon wrote:Round 4 will be a date in February as part of Tube Olympics, the starting station will be Canada Water. Full date and starting time TBA.
Any particular reason for Canada Water? On at least one Saturday in February it isn't even open.
The link/clue is CANADA :wink:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

Ah, very clever!
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Round 4 of the R15 Championship will be on Saturday 27th February 2010, starting from Canada Water at 12:15.
One day I shall return!
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

I presume the following stations are out

Vauxhall,Pimlico,Highbury & Islignton,Aldgate,Stepney Green,Bow Road and Bromley by bow
waterloo and city
Zone 3

Post by waterloo and city »

Soup Dragon wrote:Round 4 of the R15 Championship will be on Saturday 27th February 2010, starting from Canada Water at 12:15.
Well, that's pretty much a no-go for me. Not without leaving Stansted rather early. So that's me near-enough out of it. :(

Adam.
Adam Jones

A would-be Tube Challenger, maybe one day...
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

10am early?
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
waterloo and city
Zone 3

Post by waterloo and city »

Yes. :P :lol:

Adam.
Adam Jones

A would-be Tube Challenger, maybe one day...