Random 15 Championship 2009/10

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
greatkingrat
All Zones

Re: Random 15 Championship 2009/10

Post by greatkingrat »

How about a R15 that includes the New York Subway?
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
dudey
Zone 5

Post by dudey »

How about a Photo R15? By that I mean taking the principle of the xmas park challenge of having to exit every one of the selected stations and take a photo of the front of the station
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

I think that the yearly Random 15 thing should be four or five or six Random 15s, each with their own little twist (like added DLR, zone 3, whatever).
jamesthegill wrote:How about a Random 15 where every challenger has to carry a backpack full of bricks?
I'd be up for this too, as long as we were allowed support crews.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Starkey7 wrote:I think that the yearly Random 15 thing should be four or five or six Random 15s, each with their own little twist (like added DLR, zone 3, whatever).
jamesthegill wrote:How about a Random 15 where every challenger has to carry a backpack full of bricks?
I have the equivalent on most R15's - Bus maps, train timetables, A to Z, 3 to 4 sets of darts, couple of bottles of drink etc....... :(
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Edgemaster
Zone 5

Post by Edgemaster »

Going Underground wrote:
Starkey7 wrote:I think that the yearly Random 15 thing should be four or five or six Random 15s, each with their own little twist (like added DLR, zone 3, whatever).
I have the equivalent on most R15's - Bus maps, train timetables, A to Z, 3 to 4 sets of darts, couple of bottles of drink etc....... :(
/me notes down things to collect before the 11th.
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Going Underground wrote:
...and of course the bricks! :D
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

The BERC rules: Yes but this would have to be done on a handicap system, with faster runners given more bricks to carry than slower runners.
greatkingrat wrote:How about a R15 that includes the New York Subway?
The BERC rules: I think that should be part of the International R15 Championship, which will also include, Paris, Moscow, Isle of Wight & Basle.

On the R15 to include Z3.... on consideration I think we could do this for one round, either November, January or May. As I suggest to Kevin we could make it just Z2/Z3 although pass-through Z1 would be allowed, or simply stick to Z1-3. I think with a 12:00 start and maybe a 4:30 time limit this could be a good challenge. Any team failing to visit all 15 stations would have to note number of stations visited inside 4:30, so exact arrival times at each station would be crucial in the event of tied number of stations visited.
One day I shall return!
joy54
Zone 5

Post by joy54 »

Soup Dragon wrote: On the R15 to include Z3.... on consideration I think we could do this for one round, either November, January or May. As I suggest to Kevin we could make it just Z2/Z3 although pass-through Z1 would be allowed, or simply stick to Z1-3. I think with a 12:00 start and maybe a 4:30 time limit this could be a good challenge. Any team failing to visit all 15 stations would have to note number of stations visited inside 4:30, so exact arrival times at each station would be crucial in the event of tied number of stations visited.
I suppose this could make route planning that little bit more interesting.

If you were to get a set of stations that were pretty spread out, you may have to plan your route to cover the most stations rather than completing all the stations.
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Imagine being caught by a random search by British Transport Police and trying to explain having bricks in one's bag!
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Soup Dragon wrote:
The BERC rules: Yes but this would have to be done on a handicap system, with faster runners given more bricks to carry than slower runners.Fine i go everywhere on bus then.
greatkingrat wrote:How about a R15 that includes the New York Subway?
The BERC rules: I think that should be part of the International R15 Championship, which will also include, Paris, Moscow, Isle of Wight & Basle.Why the isle of wight

On the R15 to include Z3.... on consideration I think we could do this for one round, either November, January or May. As I suggest to Kevin we could make it just Z2/Z3 although pass-through Z1 would be allowed, or simply stick to Z1-3. I think with a 12:00 start and maybe a 4:30 time limit this could be a good challenge. Any team failing to visit all 15 stations would have to note number of stations visited inside 4:30, so exact arrival times at each station would be crucial in the event of tied number of stations visited.
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

I think the current schedule of 3 normal R15s and 3 "twist" R15s is fine as it is. I don't think we need to come up with a twist for every event.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

You lot spend more time discussing rules than you do actually doing the bloody challenge ...
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
jamesthegill
All Zones

Post by jamesthegill »

I would like to point out that my suggestion of carrying bricks was a sarcastic tongue in cheek suggestion.

I *think* everyone realised it, but I still worry that someone might take me seriously.
Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.
ping pon
Zone 4

Post by ping pon »

How about no challenge and go straight to the pub !
One has lost the game !!!!!
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

ping pon wrote:How about no challenge and go straight to the pub !
Sounds good to me!!! :D
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver