The anti-tube challenge

Zone 1, Alphabet, All Lines - discuss them here
Norm
Zone 1

The anti-tube challenge

Post by Norm »

Morning all,

I was wondering if anyone had ever considered challenge 4 on Geoff's alternative challenges page.

Sounds like a mission and a half, and with thousands of routes available it would always be open to new record attempts...

Good God, it's past 2am - this tube relief event has got me hooked :)

Cheers,
Norm.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Actually, myself and Geoff are going to do it ourselves when we get a spare moment.

However, with so much stuff coming up in the next few months, it's hard to see where it will fit in.

We'll let you know if we ever do it.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

Indeed. There are plans afoot - it's just a matter of fitting it in. It probablu would have happened in late August had it not been for the bomb thing subsequent charity run ...
Norm
Zone 1

The more I tihnk...

Post by Norm »

The more I think about it, the more I realise that simply completing the overground challenge is the challenge - doing it at all rather than beating anyone.

It would be interesting to have more than one person/group looking to do it though, that extra buzz of competition.

I won't be trying myself until next spring, I reckon. I'm flat out at work, and I live in Scotland (annoyingly having decided these challenges are a Good Idea comes comes 4 months after moving out of the capital), and am about to move house. Test runs are expensive...

Might try some Scottish challenges, assuming there's some others out there that want to take them on. Can't help thinking that this viewpoint can become a way of life...
jonny
Zone 6

challenges

Post by jonny »

I'd like to do the overground and the scottish challenges, although judging by my current circumstances the scottish one doesn't look possible for the next couple of years and the overground tube challenge is a possibility.