ZONE 1 DAY 2013

All you need to know and discuss about the 2013 Zone 1 Challenge.
palkanetoijala31

Re: ZONE 1 DAY 2013

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

rubbish any route can be adapted might not be as fast as the optimum?
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:rubbish any route can be adapted might not be as fast as the optimum?
How much adaptation does a route have to have before it is a different route?
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

the point is it would be a differant as he cant use same starting station unless it were pulled out? but he can use the same route and adjust for example if aldgate was pulled out of hat this be my route.

aldgate-farringdon-chancery lane-bank-kings x-earls court-bayswater-queensway-oxford c-paddington-paddington-euston sq-euston-waterloo-elephant & castle-london bridge-waterloo-vauxhall-victoria-sloane sq-aldgate east
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Scrap Soup Dragon from the betting, he wont be able to attend.......
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

Going Underground wrote:Scrap Soup Dragon from the betting, he wont be able to attend.......
Shame!
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

No radical changes for the Zone 1 logo this year, I liked the previous one I made in 2011, therefore I have retained it for this year.

Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
jamesthegill
All Zones

Post by jamesthegill »

I think I might give this a go.
Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.
dudey
Zone 5

Post by dudey »

jamesthegill wrote:I think I might give this a go.
Yeah, me too.

How does this work again?
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Pot as many balls as you can.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

I still haven't done the Parliamentary train from Kensington Olympia to Wandsworth Road, due for imminent withdrawal. Is anyone else wanting to do this on Z1 day before the meet up?

I would also like to pop and say hi to Tubeguru after the challenge has ended, at Paddington. I hope this wouldn't be too disruptive to proceedings...
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

tractakid wrote:I still haven't done the Parliamentary train from Kensington Olympia to Wandsworth Road, due for imminent withdrawal. Is anyone else wanting to do this on Z1 day before the meet up?

I would also like to pop and say hi to Tubeguru after the challenge has ended, at Paddington. I hope this wouldn't be too disruptive to proceedings...
Don't forget the Tuesday's only replacement bus between Ealing Broadway and Wandsworth Road is still operating, it has had another contract entension!

The results to the Zone 1 will be announced at 1800, so please ensure you are present so all the times can be collected.
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

Tangy.
jamesthegill
All Zones

Post by jamesthegill »

tangy wrote: The results to the Zone 1 will be announced at 1800, so please ensure you are present so all the times can be collected.
Do all members of a team have to be there? My work leaving do in Brighton starts at 1900, and I kinda have to be there for it...
Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

jamesthegill wrote:
tangy wrote: The results to the Zone 1 will be announced at 1800, so please ensure you are present so all the times can be collected.
Do all members of a team have to be there? My work leaving do in Brighton starts at 1900, and I kinda have to be there for it...
As long as at least one member of your team is present to hand me your "entry card" and Tube Map detailing the route taken, this will suffice.

Tangy.
tpfkar
Zone 4

Post by tpfkar »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:no sweepstake for eurovision but yes for zone 1

hakan and lars and patrick (the swedish contigent have to be favourites in my book with 3 past wins for zone 1) 2-1
Kevin brown 3-1 (come on this year has to be a brown win after all these years and current zone 1 record holder)
glen 3-1 (current zone 1 record holder new breed of tube challenger will record holder use the route he used though?)
peter 4-1 (won zone 1 in past will he concetrate on this though or save some energy to win random 15 championship next day?)
tangy 5-1 (twice 2nd though the person whom put him into 2nd both times is not there will this spur martin on to victory)
nozza 6-1 (nozza like kevin overdue a win in this will baldies win the day?)
iain 8-1 (has one of the best rookie times for the challenge if his knee holds up could be a dark horse?)
tractakid 10-1 (spurred on by completing 2 full networks and creator of a new and fresh challenges posh&royal can he use skills to upset?)
nigel 11-1 (overground king narrowly missed out last year will wrong choice of clothing be his downfall?)
starkey 12-1 (allthough no news of whether young starkey is taking part a renewed interest seeing as his record was broken may encourage to take part?)
Team Rhys 16-1 (this means either rhys have shown willingness and speed and web building to random 15 escapades would a zone 1 win rocket them up tube rankings and then on to 270 and record?)
garion 18-1 (although garion has a previous win to his cards will the loss of winning colleague dampen his spirits)

other 20-1 (i will list any others in this catergory as im not sure there are coming or wish to take part)

tubeguru 20-1 (can he be persueded to come out of retirement and stop being a grumpy old git)
geoff 20-1 (can he also be prepared to attend the grand event seeing as he is one the original few)
adham fisher 20-1(if he remembers to turn into the correct farringdon station this time perhaps with that speed a dark horse)
sam 20-1 (a 2 time and most successful female challenger what would a zone 1 win do for her standing)
any brown that is not kevin 20-1 anthony will he also rekindle his love of tube now he has new job!
Other at 20-1 please.

See you tomorrow.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

I will have a slice of "slick ric" at 20/1 that's good value :!:

See you tomorrow :D
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold