ZONE 1 DAY 2013

All you need to know and discuss about the 2013 Zone 1 Challenge.
hwolge
Zone 6

Re: ZONE 1 DAY 2013

Post by hwolge »

Hi all,

Tentatively I and Patrick would show up for Z1CC on May 31:st, should that date be decided.

/Håkan
:) Three times Zone 1 Challenge winner :)
:) Official record holder in the 2008 Guinness Book of Records, pg 199 :)
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Hooray for Håkan and Patrick :D

I hope the date is decided as I have already booked leave
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

It's wonderful that you come all the way from Sweden to compete!
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

GOOD NEWS there will be no repeat of last years winner as I cant attend waits for hooray and applause! :lol:
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

palkanetoijala31 wrote:GOOD NEWS there will be no repeat of last years winner as I cant attend waits for hooray and applause! :lol:
No applause from me and probably means no quiz either :(
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

I could host the quiz (and make the questions), the quiz is all part of the Zone 1 event.
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
palkanetoijala31

tangy wrote:I could host the quiz (and make the questions), the quiz is all part of the Zone 1 event.
Tangy seeing as I have to return the cup on May 25th anyway to you I give you my question sheet and answers to quiz save you the trouble! I really wish I could attend but I will be there next day at random 15 to hear all the stories anyway.
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

FYI:

Edgware Road (Bakerloo) is closing for 6 months for lift refurbishment from the last week of May until December. i.e. it won't be open on Zone 1 day and you won't be able to do the Edgware Road -> Edgware Road connection.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/media/n ... 27587.aspx
Nigel
Zone 5

Post by Nigel »

I intend to do the Zone1 Day again this year. However, I have a slight dilemma as I am also going out that evening to an event in Central London for which I am supposed to wear a suit and tie, and there won't be time to go back home to change. So, as I see it, I have three choices:
(i) Do Zone 1 wearing my smart clothes. (That would be interesting, as well as risking getting them rather sweaty.)
(ii) Find somewhere to safely leave a change of clothes and pick them up after the challenge.
(iii) Ignore the dress code for the evening and risk dirty looks or worse.

At the moment, I'm torn between (ii) and (iii) - I think I need to investigate options for leaving my suit somewhere before I make a final decision.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Nigel wrote:(ii) Find somewhere to safely leave a change of clothes and pick them up after the challenge.

Nigel I am sure if you speak to the Horse & Groom they will let you leave them upstairs in the room we are using for a few hours... I can't imagine that this will be used until we arrive after the challenge late afternoon so as long you drop them off and still have time to get to Liverpool Street for the draw you should be fine.....
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

Or, is there anyone attending but not competing (like Myles last year) that could look after them?
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
palkanetoijala31

tractakid wrote:Or, is there anyone attending but not competing (like Myles last year) that could look after them?
Do you want to look after myles right now becuase he was in hospital according to facebook!
palkanetoijala31

no sweepstake for eurovision but yes for zone 1

hakan and lars and patrick (the swedish contigent have to be favourites in my book with 3 past wins for zone 1) 2-1
Kevin brown 3-1 (come on this year has to be a brown win after all these years and current zone 1 record holder)
glen 3-1 (current zone 1 record holder new breed of tube challenger will record holder use the route he used though?)
peter 4-1 (won zone 1 in past will he concetrate on this though or save some energy to win random 15 championship next day?)
tangy 5-1 (twice 2nd though the person whom put him into 2nd both times is not there will this spur martin on to victory)
nozza 6-1 (nozza like kevin overdue a win in this will baldies win the day?)
iain 8-1 (has one of the best rookie times for the challenge if his knee holds up could be a dark horse?)
tractakid 10-1 (spurred on by completing 2 full networks and creator of a new and fresh challenges posh&royal can he use skills to upset?)
nigel 11-1 (overground king narrowly missed out last year will wrong choice of clothing be his downfall?)
starkey 12-1 (allthough no news of whether young starkey is taking part a renewed interest seeing as his record was broken may encourage to take part?)
Team Rhys 16-1 (this means either rhys have shown willingness and speed and web building to random 15 escapades would a zone 1 win rocket them up tube rankings and then on to 270 and record?)
garion 18-1 (although garion has a previous win to his cards will the loss of winning colleague dampen his spirits)

other 20-1 (i will list any others in this catergory as im not sure there are coming or wish to take part)

tubeguru 20-1 (can he be persueded to come out of retirement and stop being a grumpy old git)
geoff 20-1 (can he also be prepared to attend the grand event seeing as he is one the original few)
adham fisher 20-1(if he remembers to turn into the correct farringdon station this time perhaps with that speed a dark horse)
sam 20-1 (a 2 time and most successful female challenger what would a zone 1 win do for her standing)
any brown that is not kevin 20-1 anthony will he also rekindle his love of tube now he has new job!
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Well you can rule me out, I am working so may well be transporting some of you lot between Vauxhall and Waterloo!! :mrgreen:
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
palkanetoijala31

Sam wrote:Well you can rule me out, I am working so may well be transporting some of you lot between Vauxhall and Waterloo!! :mrgreen:
i did think u were working i keep ur odds just in case last minute strike though!