TUBE 2 THE 1ST COMPLETION

Write-ups from those with over 21 full network challenge attempts
palkanetoijala31

TUBE 2 THE 1ST COMPLETION

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

hi everyone

will be making my second full attempt of the new 268 configuration january 7th 2008 monday with my girlfriend anybody wishing to join us or be a stopwatch operator or point person be most appreciated please pm me if interested.

andi
Last edited by palkanetoijala31 on 31 Oct 2009, 12:28, edited 1 time in total.
palkanetoijala31

Update everything is going well for a 2nd full attempt route has been planned well in advance and door positions noted.

Still looking for any help start stopwatch and finishing wise be happy to pay some1 for their accomodation on the sunday night/monday night if wish if that is a problem.

Otherwise all is set for jan 7th and i cant wait i even get a bit of practice with some changes on the south of the thames challenge on saturday.
jbom1

Good luck

Post by jbom1 »

Good luck. I assume from previous discussions that the new 268 record will be yours if you go under 18h10m00s, provided no-one else gets in first.
dudey
Zone 5

Post by dudey »

'fraid i'm not a london native so can't really help out, but i wish you the best of luck in achieving that minimum time and maybe even beating anyone who might have beat you out to it!

and i especially wish you luck for the bravery of attempting it on a monday! not any old monday, but the first one back to work for a lot of people after the holiday period!
palkanetoijala31

well i think mondays are better to attempt everybody seems more helpful and alert maybe it has something to do with the weekend rest factor.

only problem is late finishing to enigineering works on the sunday
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

I am a Londoner and can be a support tem member if needed, however due to work commitments I am only available after 1630 but can then help out right up until tehe last train if need be.

Just ask and I will be of assistance.
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
palkanetoijala31

i just need to clear something up 268 stations until heathrow t5 is open march 2008 so from the full network of old configuration 275 u miss these stations out to make 268?

Shoredtich
Wapping
Rotherithe
Shadwell
Surrey Quays
New cross
New cross gate
jonny
Zone 6

Post by jonny »

correct
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

All the best Andi, unfortunately unable to join you as working all day and darts match in the evening...

Keep us updated during the day have pm'd my number to you....

Kevin
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

*** UPDATE ***

Andi & Sarah departed from Amersham at 05:28:29 this morning, so they are almost 30 secs up on schedule already!

I took the train up to Chesham with them and then said goodbye at Chalfont & Latimer. Their train seemed to be held for around a minute at C&L so the arrival at Moor Park might have been tight.

It was a very cold and windy morning up at Amersham so I don't envy the guys today. At least it was not raining.

If I hear anything during the day I will update details here.
One day I shall return!
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

UPDATE

As per TfL at 0840hrs currently good service on all lines........

Wouldn't fancy some of those runs with that cold wind today....... :?
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

**UPDATE**

Looks like Moor Park went wrong so subsequently put them a little behind schedule and they have altered their route plans, however they tell me that due to this they are on the "bit with problems" which I guess is the Jubilee as at 0945hrs is showing severe delays.......
hwolge
Zone 6

Post by hwolge »

Given that we failed at Moor Park/Watford (= 10 minute after schedule) on both our last attempts (Sep -07), and that Soup Dragon's successful attempt (Dec 29) suffered in the same way, and now this - the question arises:

Has anybody managed a Watford departure on plan lately?
:) Three times Zone 1 Challenge winner :)
:) Official record holder in the 2008 Guinness Book of Records, pg 199 :)
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

**UPDATE 10:15 HRS**

Andi had a very good bus connection at Edgware but then 10 minute wait for Jubillee........ Running behind but still have high hopes of a completion...
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

Update 13:48

Sarah is busting for a pee, but it looks like they are on schedule to complete all 268 stations. Estimated time unknown.
One day I shall return!