TUBE 55 WORLD RECORD NO 6 NOT ACCORDING TO GUINNESS

Write-ups from those with over 21 full network challenge attempts
RJSRdg
All Zones

Re: TUBE 55 WORLD RECORD NO 6 NOT ACCORDING TO GUINNESS

Post by RJSRdg »

michael_churchill wrote:
Steeevooo wrote:at this point we were only too happy to divulge the order of staions that we visited on our 2011 World Record run.
Don't you mean 2009? I presume you were prepared to divulge the 2009 route because it was obsolete, as it relies on a regular Olympia service.

With the secrecy of challengers these days, it's probably the last time a world-record-setting route will be made public.
However, with a tweak to accommodate for the evening Olympia, it is still theoretically possible to use the Labyrinth route to equal what until last week was the official World Record time.
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

RJSRdg wrote:
michael_churchill wrote:
Steeevooo wrote:at this point we were only too happy to divulge the order of staions that we visited on our 2011 World Record run.
Don't you mean 2009? I presume you were prepared to divulge the 2009 route because it was obsolete, as it relies on a regular Olympia service.

With the secrecy of challengers these days, it's probably the last time a world-record-setting route will be made public.
However, with a tweak to accommodate for the evening Olympia, it is still theoretically possible to use the Labyrinth route to equal what until last week was the official World Record time.
Where I won't reveal route a to you route b with the diversion tactic from route a was well inside record as well
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

Stop trying to confuse me! ;-)
tufnellpark
Zone 3

Post by tufnellpark »

Congratulations to Andi and Steve on achieving a stunning time and new WR, which is almost 30mins less than the WR we set last year. That is some achievement. And even more congratulations on proving to Guinness that you had successfully done it. Well done.
London 16h:14m:10s Paris 13:23:33 Z1 02:57:53 Metrolink 05:53:25 Lands End to John O'Groats by bus 3d:8h:17m All the Stations 35d:10h:10m
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

I was surprised by how relaxed the route was given how much under the WR it was. There were only a few tight changes all day, and I only needed to hold the door once (at Finchley Central, right in front of station staff, but only for about ten seconds
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Thanks it was obviously tough speaking to one half of then record holders at zone 1 day knowing then the time wouldn't be long but then I did when that unmentionable person did break it!

Its been tough year 2015 wise this year has already been a thousand times I have officially retired only one challenge left to accomplish and a return some where
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Out of interest, have Guinness agreed to tone down their requirements of a photo at every station after your exchange with them?
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

tufnellpark wrote:Congratulations to Andi and Steve on achieving a stunning time and new WR, which is almost 30mins less than the WR we set last year. That is some achievement. And even more congratulations on proving to Guinness that you had successfully done it. Well done.
Thanks Clive - that's kind of you and very much appreciated.
Iain wrote:Out of interest, have Guinness agreed to tone down their requirements of a photo at every station after your exchange with them?
I would suspect not, if anything it will probably make them emphasise this requirement even more in their rules.
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

I noticed a few days ago that as of today, the record is five years old, assuming there aren't any new claims in the pipeline. I haven't been through the history, but that must be one of the longest times the record has stood (barring when the network configuration changes and the time on the old network stands forever for that configuration).
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

I think for one thing it was such a colossal achievement to knock so much off the record time that nobody's managed to come up with a route to equal it, yet alone beat it (although I have a good idea how it started and finished). Having put a possible route together this morning which is 40 minutes outside the time and at no stage matches the average time between stations that Steve and Andi achieved despite having no long waits, doublebacks or repeated stations (apart from the inevitable ones) I take my hat off to them for coming up with the route, let alone completing it!

Of course unless someone put a time in to Guinness shortly before lockdown, the record will continue to stand for some considerable time - even assuming someone has a better route, it will have to wait until the Tube is open for non-essential travel again and people feel confident to use it safely (I'm not sure I'd be wanting to travel in such a crowded environment immediately once lockdown is lifted). By then, the Battersea extension may be open, which will re-set everything anyway.
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

Well it took me 8 full attempts split up into two hour sections practice to check every connection worked plus any diversions if needed.

That's the bit that was the key I did a 2 hour practice on the first two hours then worked on another part say the 3rd section testing the divert bits needed if delays etc.

I have left a clue that nobody ever picked me up on it that I did something I hadn't done since tube 4 but alas nobody ever figured it out.

Finding the route was key I do have a plan to beat it of course
Only tube challenger to be number 1 in parkrun
stepneygreen05
Zone 2

Post by stepneygreen05 »

Jesus..I didn't think it was possible to go any faster
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

dstock17 wrote: 26 May 2020, 18:44 Well it took me 8 full attempts split up into two hour sections practice to check every connection worked plus any diversions if needed.

That's the bit that was the key I did a 2 hour practice on the first two hours then worked on another part say the 3rd section testing the divert bits needed if delays etc.

I have left a clue that nobody ever picked me up on it that I did something I hadn't done since tube 4 but alas nobody ever figured it out.

Finding the route was key I do have a plan to beat it of course
What did you do on Tube 4? ;-)

Good to know your record is beatable!
dstock17
Zone 5

Post by dstock17 »

Unfortunately you have to have memory as I did post the route but then peer pressure made me delete it.
Only tube challenger to be number 1 in parkrun