TUBE 55 WORLD RECORD NO 6 NOT ACCORDING TO GUINNESS

Write-ups from those with over 21 full network challenge attempts
al
Zone 6

Re: TUBE 55 WORLD RECORD NO 6 NOT ACCORDING TO GUINNESS

Post by al »

I am (arguably) a "Transport Professional ", albeit not one of the preferred occupations, so am I therefore qualified to verify attempts.?
Held some Alternative Challenge records for a long time.
Doesn't any more.
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

andytube wrote:Maybe you'll have to have a GoPro cam attached to yourself and film the whole thing! Just point it upwards when relieving yourself :lol:
Too late for Steve and Andi (as TfL only keep on-train CCTV footage for 72 hours) but as anyone travelling on the Tube has a right to request access to the data TfL holds on them, it would theoretically be possible for someone to do a FNC one day, then put a request in to TfL the next for all the video of their attempt! That said, I suspect TfL would get narked off pretty quickly if we all started doing that! (And TfL don't make it easy - they've 'forgotten' to add the link to the request form to their website! https://tfl.gov.uk/corporate/privacy-an ... -your-data )
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

andytube wrote:Going Underground - did your cracker of a route get you a good time?
18hrs 10mins 55secs for 267 stations (missed last T4 train by 10mins)
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Well it has taken the longest ever process but finally Guinness have seen sense and u all have a new target to aim for.

15h 45m 38s
michael_churchill
Zone 6

Post by michael_churchill »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:Well it has taken the longest ever process but finally Guinness have seen sense and u all have a new target to aim for.

15h 45m 38s
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/wor ... d-stations

Congratulations on finally getting recognition!
michael_churchill
Zone 6

As my name once appeared in the Guinness Book of Records, I have to tell you not to hold your breath expecting to be in next year's book. They seem to be busy adjudicating pointless "records" and awarding certificates to anyone who has been in the news. Case in point, my local panto recently set a "record" for the most princesses gathered in one place - only requirement: every participant has to be wearing a dress and a tiara (including men). And they count that as an equal achievement to what Andi and Steve have done.

Full disclosure: I've never actually held a world record, but 22 years ago I was in a list of collectors who had every edition of the book.
xcooler123
Zone 5

Post by xcooler123 »

Congratulations! Finally getting the recognition you and Steve deserve :D Question is, are you going to attempt it again to shave off those 8 mins (or has Guiness put you off for life)?
David
5 x FNC attempts, Best Tine - 17:25:11 (Comic Relief 2017)
20 x R15, Best Time - 02:02:46
2017/18 & 2018/19 R15 Champion
4 x Alternative Challenge Records (LO, Z1&2, SofT & Compass)
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

xcooler123 wrote:Congratulations! Finally getting the recognition you and Steve deserve :D Question is, are you going to attempt it again to shave off those 8 mins (or has Guiness put you off for life)?
To be honest I might the route is sound enough but the opportunities lie elsewhere Berlin new York I love to go back over and become that again
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Fantastic news, huge congrats guys :D
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
DavidC
Zone 6

Post by DavidC »

Congratulations
First to 100000 in the 2015+ Tumbleweed contest. Winner of a few rounds of a diverse range of quizzes/games. Some decent times in alternative challenges as a fiftysomething who merely walks briskly. Briefly led All The Actons.
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Took their time - what clinched it? And have they relented on the pics at every station demand?
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

Well done, Andi!
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!
hopeful traveller
All Zones

Post by hopeful traveller »

There's a BS ES article on it - http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/t ... 49961.html - but the commenter at the end... :evil: :evil: :evil:
It's time the overcrowded tube system was cleansed of unemployed people like these taking up space and oxygen.
Has he never heard of annual leave?
1 FNC Completion (PB: 17:18:18 with G Bryant, A Chilcraft, I MacNaughton)
4 Zone Ones (PB: 03:00:35 with G Bryant)
15 R15s (PB: 01:55:48 with T Cooling and R Jackson)
11 All Lines (PB: 00:44:03)
Winner of the 2014 Formula 1 Side Competition
A Challenge
The Twilight Zone

Post by A Challenge »

hopeful traveller wrote:There's a BS ES article on it - http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/t ... 49961.html - but the commenter at the end... :evil: :evil: :evil:
It's time the overcrowded tube system was cleansed of unemployed people like these taking up space and oxygen.
Has he never heard of annual leave?
Probably not, but another anomaly with the labyrinths, which are posted about in the comments, it is the odd order of numbering of them in the Finchley area.

Finchley Central 212 in the waiting room by the toilets on the southbound platform
West Finchley 213 In the waiting room on the southbound platform
Mill Hill East 214 In the waiting room on the platform

Anyone done that on a challenge attempt, least of all the one mentioned to get a record?

Labyrinth information from geofftech.co.uk with a few changes and BBCode formating added
Tumbleweed and former Nimbleweed Scorekeeper

Winner of Gumbleweeds V, VI + XI, Nimbleweeds I, III - IX + XIV and (joint with GuyBarry) winner of Timesnap

And most importantly, Former leader of Tumbleweed, and first person to 250,000
michael_churchill
Zone 6

A Challenge wrote: Probably not, but another anomaly with the labyrinths, which are posted about in the comments, it is the odd order of numbering of them in the Finchley area.

Finchley Central 212 in the waiting room by the toilets on the southbound platform
West Finchley 213 In the waiting room on the southbound platform
Mill Hill East 214 In the waiting room on the platform

Anyone done that on a challenge attempt, least of all the one mentioned to get a record?

Labyrinth information from geofftech.co.uk with a few changes and BBCode formating added
Then Geoff has made a mistake,

http://art.tfl.gov.uk/labyrinth/artwork/mill-hill-east/ confirms that Mill Hill East is 213
http://art.tfl.gov.uk/labyrinth/artwork/west-finchley/ and West Finchley is 214

In fact, Geoff has made a complete mistake with the eastern end of the District. After West Ham, they must have gone NR to Upminster and District line back because it's 75. West Ham; 76. Upminster; 77. Upminster Bridge etc. Geoff has them going up in order going eastwards.