TUBE 55 WORLD RECORD NO 6 NOT ACCORDING TO GUINNESS

Write-ups from those with over 21 full network challenge attempts
greatkingrat
All Zones

Re: TUBE 55 WORLD RECORD NO 6 NOT ACCORDING TO GUINNESS

Post by greatkingrat »

Indeed, they could just turn around and say they are removing the category from their database completely if they wanted to.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:well i can tell you that they are 3 new runs that i obviously researched practiced during attempts tube 47-54 these were not advertised none of them were completions either. As a matter of fact the whole attempt tube 55 was researched in 8 differant parts picking up the route at differant times during the day tube 47 being the first 2 hours etc.

It of course is something i can use all the time but now i will have to go over where they are roundels according to my exit position and i have to figure out if this oyster thing is viable?. that is whether i decide i wish to continue.
On the plus side, you now know that an even faster time (15:37) is possible, and you could even do it 29 minutes slower and still get the record!
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

...If either of us could be bothered to jump through the endlessly ridiculous hoops and hassle that guinness insist on making you go through
tractakid
The Twilight Zone

Post by tractakid »

Steeevooo wrote:...If either of us could be bothered to jump through the endlessly ridiculous hoops and hassle that guinness insist on making you go through
Ignore Guinness, and be happy to know you are the fastest ever to do this configuration. A great achievement.
*insert boasting about notable tube accomplishments here*
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

A-ha! ;-)
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Well just to appease them idiots i now have an oyster card! :shock:
hopeful traveller
All Zones

Post by hopeful traveller »

moley wrote:
hopeful traveller wrote:Legally, ...
Unfortunately, this is Guinness' private members club - they set the rules and they allow entry at their discretion. This is not a case of legally.

Well done Andi and Steve - a truly great time. My current fastest paper route is a 15:37 and that relies on perfection (which as we know, doesnt usually happen).
Same train scenario here?
1 FNC Completion (PB: 17:18:18 with G Bryant, A Chilcraft, I MacNaughton)
4 Zone Ones (PB: 03:00:35 with G Bryant)
15 R15s (PB: 01:55:48 with T Cooling and R Jackson)
11 All Lines (PB: 00:44:03)
Winner of the 2014 Formula 1 Side Competition
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

Not sure.
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.
palkanetoijala31

moley wrote:Not sure.
No offence to moley here but i wouldnt reveal my start and finish places its probably likely though! although i have 3 runs in there that dont conform to normal tube challenge protocols! and might explain some reticence on guinness part!
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

No offence at all.

Longer than usual runs Andi?
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.
palkanetoijala31

moley wrote:No offence at all.

Longer than usual runs Andi?
unusual runs i would say in fact one i dont even need to do yet but its practice for later on with added minutes extra!
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:
No offence to moley here but i wouldnt reveal my start and finish places its probably likely though! although i have 3 runs in there that dont conform to normal tube challenge protocols! and might explain some reticence on guinness part!
Well, 0712 start from Amersham ans 2249 finish at T5 would be 15:37 but that involves a 30 min wait at Chalfont & Latimer so unlikely.

0544 start at T4 and 2121 finish at Chesham might be possible, but 0544's too late to get the 0645 Olympia if you do Richmond first....

As to unconventional runs, I discovered an interesting shortcut when Plotting my 16:14 theory route which had the potential to knock a few minutes off if the train prior to the one I would otherwise have caught was running late. As far as I'm aware all perfectly "legal", just a somewhat unconventional route.
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

RJSRdg wrote:
palkanetoijala31 wrote:
Well, 0712 start from Amersham ans 2249 finish at T5 would be 15:37 but that involves a 30 min wait at Chalfont & Latimer so unlikely.

0544 start at T4 and 2121 finish at Chesham might be possible, but 0544's too late to get the 0645 Olympia if you do Richmond first....

As to unconventional runs, I discovered an interesting shortcut when Plotting my 16:14 theory route which had the potential to knock a few minutes off if the train prior to the one I would otherwise have caught was running late. As far as I'm aware all perfectly "legal", just a somewhat unconventional route.
Straight through the uni building between Goodge Street and Russell Square?
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

No, but thanks for the tip!
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

Useful on a zone 1, not sure it helps on a full network.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver