TUBE 55 WORLD RECORD NO 6 NOT ACCORDING TO GUINNESS

Write-ups from those with over 21 full network challenge attempts
palkanetoijala31

TUBE 55 WORLD RECORD NO 6 NOT ACCORDING TO GUINNESS

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

So surfice to say guinness are a law unto themselves and have rejected a claim for the 2nd time with no comeback whatsever everybody doing challenges in future all 270 london underground stations must be photograped ALL!.

Seeing as this perfectly good claim wont be ratified by useless people at guinness world records me and Steve Wilson have been robbed of our rightful claim!

Nigel if you want the time please PM me for the top times that are unofficial!

Neverless to say im angry and annoyed i will never bother to attempt again this time was perfectly valid and well under 16h 14m 10s.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Re: TUBE 55 WORLD RECORD NO 6 NOT ACCORDING TO GUINNESS

Post by Going Underground »

That is a staggering requirement and is simply not practical.....

You are right is this is correct it's game over for GWR attemps.....
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
palkanetoijala31

Going Underground wrote:That is a staggering requirement and is simply not practical.....

You are right is this is correct it's game over for GWR attemps.....
we took a significant amount of photos not every one no where does it state we had too to say we didnt visit them all i think guinness have taken a really stupid stance but hey ho i will never bother to attempt again i did state on one particular change at HIGH BARNET for example the door shut on my back really injuring myself but i made the connection but missed the photo got t&w instead but no this is not good enough!
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

I won't reveal the time, but I was on watch duty and it'a a really significant amount of time inside the accepted record - and would have been even faster if the final train hadn't been eight minutes late.

I think I'd ask Guinness why previous records have been accepted without a full set of photos. Did the official holders take 270?
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
Former DLR 45 station record holder (with Glen, Andi and Stevo) - 2h:08m:57s
All lines: 46:11 (6th equal)
Zone One 2:52:51 (thanks Glen)
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

I'm even coming out of forum-retirement on this one. It is absolutely ridiculous the requirements that GWR are now trying to impose on us all. Now, every single time the train stops at a station, not only do you have to write down the times that the train doors open and close, but you also have to find time to get in the right position to take a photograph of a station sign. This all at the same time that you are trying to get members of the public to sign a witness book. I assume that in their eyes, if the door you are standing in doesn't open near a roundel, then you'll have to get off the train, find a roundel to take a picture of, and then get back on the train (if you can do that quick enough).

Further, one of their comments to us was: "I've now looked over your photographs. I can see the time the photos were taken, which matches your log. The issue remains that we cannot confirm that you visited all tube stations."
Now, our method was to take photos at every 2 to 3 stations - so essentially GWR are saying that it is possible for somebody to arrive at a station, take a photograph and then get out of the station, transport yourself to a station 2 stops down the line, take another photograph and then get onto the same train that you got off of. I'd love for them to explain how this is possible.

Needless to say, I am looking for a way to appeal this rejection.
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

Well that's one really good grounds for appeal there! I can see why no photo of High Barnet is a possible question mark (did you run Cockfosters to T&W?), but equally the explanation is massively plausible.

It's seriously bonkers - once they've accepted the photos were taken at the correct time then you have the same level of evidence as loads of other verified attempts.

Why the f**k would you get off a tube and attempt to travel two stations down the line by alternative methods when there's a perfectly good tube train to do the job?
Full Network: Three completions, Best time: 17:18:18 - thanks Glen, Andrew and Rhys!
hopeful traveller
All Zones

Post by hopeful traveller »

I have to say that Guinness have been... well, stupid here. I assume that Mr Burgess and Mr MacDonald did take all the photos, as they'd therefore have assumed that taking all photos would be the case, as Geoff makes a point that he does so on each attempt, and so Guinness' logic would be "well, the last two people did".

That said, I am 100% with Andi on this one, even though the time will last for 1,000 years. Or whenever Croxley/Battersea opens (it looks like 1,000 years may come first on that one).

Guinness say they want a log book and "supporting evidence" (the last time I read the rule book). If this went to court, withess statements should stand up here. It's not practical for Guinness to send along adjudictors - but this would just make the whole thing easier for them.

In my humble opinion, the fact it's so fast may have caused Guinness to say it's too fast and unrealistic, and thrown out on that basis, with this bullshit as a cover-up.

Defo appeal this, Steve, from one Tube Challenging Countdowner to another!!
1 FNC Completion (PB: 17:18:18 with G Bryant, A Chilcraft, I MacNaughton)
4 Zone Ones (PB: 03:00:35 with G Bryant)
15 R15s (PB: 01:55:48 with T Cooling and R Jackson)
11 All Lines (PB: 00:44:03)
Winner of the 2014 Formula 1 Side Competition
Iain
All Zones

Post by Iain »

I think you may have something there - but if you had the route then you'd actually see that there was only really one majorly tight change - coming back from MHE, which was the only time I had to do a door hold all day (about ten seconds, right in front of platform staff)
nozzacook
All Zones

Post by nozzacook »

It's just stupid they are now asking for something near on impossible especially if you make a solo attempt. With a dwell time as little as 10 secs to record arrival time, photograph, departure time. And from what they said photos have to be time stamped. The only way now would be to have uninterrupted video of the whole attempt.
26 miles 385yards in 4h 14m 40s.
palkanetoijala31

nozzacook wrote:It's just stupid they are now asking for something near on impossible especially if you make a solo attempt. With a dwell time as little as 10 secs to record arrival time, photograph, departure time. And from what they said photos have to be time stamped. The only way now would be to have uninterrupted video of the whole attempt.
I should have realised that guinness would be this way after the last procrastination of 3 bits of evidence that we had to re prove for new York hence not getting in book I'm sure now that all evidence is not done by people with knowledge of system tube wise.
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

Andi & Steve... you have my support here!! (even if I don't know how significantly faster you went!), because .. it's just getting more ridiculous the amount of efforts you have to put it with supporting evidence If you have a photo of station A at TIME, and a photo of station C at TIME+4 then clearly you have been to station B at TIME+2, so... this just hurts my head it's so mad.

Did you use Oyster cards btw? for the 'Oyster Requirement' which was once possibly insisted upon ... ?
Last edited by geofftech on 24 Jul 2015, 12:52, edited 1 time in total.
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

Sadly no Oyster cards were used either, as we didn't want to risk the familiar timing out problem! I've been given an email where I can lodge an appeal, which I shall do, but I'm not particularly hopeful that GWR will budge over this...
palkanetoijala31

geofftech wrote:Andi & Steve... you have my support here!! (even if I don't know how significantly faster you went!), because .. it's just getting more ridiculous the amount of efforts you have to put it with supporting evidence If you have a photo of station A at TIME, and a photo of station C at TIME+4 then clearly you have been to station B at TIME+2, so... this just hurts my head it's so mad.

Did you use Oyster cards btw? for the 'Oyster Requirement' which was once possibly insisted upon ... ?
that was brought up I think this is what they are now insisting on even though they removed the requirement, if photos is all that they are interested in then logbook is superfluous witness statements also but hey ho it hurts my head to know that I beat a time fair and square and cant get the prize that goes with it!.

our unofficial time was 15h 45m 38s
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

Last edited by geofftech on 07 May 2019, 10:16, edited 1 time in total.
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

I think he means the 1st time was when they rejected the Browns claim done on a Saturday.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver