july 6th attempt

Write-ups from those with over 21 full network challenge attempts
palkanetoijala31

july 6th attempt

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Have noticed that this date on the calendar is probably the only saturday a whole full network can be obtained without any delays useful knowledge for anybody who works all week.
TC95
Zone 4

Re: july 6th attempt

Post by TC95 »

You mean July 5th - Sunday is the 6th
London Overground: 1 10:28:25 with Lewis Nagle and Aubery Morandarte
Mouse: 4 1:27:58
Alphabet: 1 5:14:20
R15: 2 1:55:48 with Rhys Jackson and Rhys Benjamin
ALC: 3 0:54:30
palkanetoijala31

TC95 wrote:You mean July 5th - Sunday is the 6th
i always get dates wrong
palkanetoijala31

so we now have a new person to record their time as of yesterday a grand effort by a2
palkanetoijala31

17h 33m 18s
palkanetoijala31

SO a write up my first for a long time. Leaving Bournemouth late on the Friday night I managed to make Rickmansworth by around 9pm and checked into the hotel along with a2 managed to drink a few pints in spoons and settled for some sleep.

waking next morning to 5 o clock alarm call and 05:30 up to Chesham restarting the watch at 05:57 and changing at Chalfont saw a late running Amersham train nearly bugger us up I had allowed 6 mins for a change which got eroded into just 30secs.

So after that debarcle we nearly caught a lucky minus connection at moor park but not to be and trudged out of Watford on time into north harrow.Where a nice jog gave us some exercise I allowed some good time for this connection to Rayners lane.

At Rayners lane we took pic down to Ealing Common and not getting the bus stop in the middle of the junction one I have failed to get before by not looking to the right we jogged up to Ealing broadway in plenty of time.

So next stop east acton and easy walk down and back up and walk down platform to the 1st carriage for west Ruislip.Despite the bus u1 passing us down the road we had made enough distance to Ickenham for it to be irrevelant perhaps we should have taken all way but I don't think would have caught earlier train at uxbridge.

so next a preston road db and a nice run to Kenton which I love doing this run but my pace wasn't needed as plenty of time given 7 minutes.So out of h&w on schedule and took the Bakerloo line out in one hit a swift change onto northern at e&c and quick change onto jub westbound for what should have been a 2 min connection at southwark.

A North Greenwich terminator it shouldn't have been so we waited for stratford train and then got stuck there deciding on right train we missed a barking terminator which could have helped us stay on time but in the end we took district up too Upminster and a sexy change back on to a late c2c from there in seconds.

So about ten minutes down I changed the route slightly and changed at mile end for a central to white city a nice db gave us enough time to make a nice overground then district out of ken o so no running at all.

So into earls court and some admirers of what Andrew was trying to do get around all 270 we ushered them on to a Richmond train and while we went down to Wimbledon a slight miscommunication here where Andrew went for bus I went down to tram which was due out fortunately though we both got the tram out after shouting up I don't like buses really.

So into morden and back out a quick rush up to kennington and back down to stockwell and Brixton in and out up to Victoria and db to Sloane square perhaps here I should have taken the risk of not going there to catch the earlier circle to Aldgate but I never know whether it have been better.

so coming into Aldgate and running confidently and quickly to east no trains on board Andrew caught up and at mile end switched I realised we were in between the original wvh planned train I had and the 2nd back up one of going epping 1st then wvh back down.

So this should if caught tight connection at woodford gone swimmingly a delayed entry time no return train in platform at epping and several stops saw us only just make the wvh behind it lol 20 mins down.

So coming back a blistering fast run in Leytonstone high road from seeing the path still incomplete come on Walthamstow get it sorted.So out of Walthamstow only around ten mins down on schedule we switched the original route a little more and changed to warren street to northern southbound towards Leicester square.

Changing to the pic northbound with peter smythe whom after his record breaking run joined us up towards his home at high barnet I always run this bit to high barnet we had enough time to do it and fortune paid us back for once a bus 184 taking us from new barnet up to the top so a run down the hill into the station.

At Finchley central some refreshment was got a beer for me and up to mhe with a lovely run over bridge on to a waiting bank branch train to Moorgate.

At Moorgate changing to a h&c and running down the platforms at baker street onto a lovely train to Stanmore although changing to the not optimum door position of one guess what we didn't have to as the middle platforms were used in and out typical I managed to get further down the train so had more of options available at canons park.

At canons park Andrew didn't want to run 4 mins wait for bus I said I play bus blackjack and run and to ring me when bus turn up so I could run to nearest bus stop if necessary I got the call half way along and thought no he get stuck in the traffic up ahead this proved to be the point as I arrived 90s ahead of the bus.

Note to challengers whom believe bus is better its not Andrew proved my point perfectly.

So returning into town and the last little bit a change at warren street for Victoria line and middle door position for the escalator up and down to pic Andrew still believes corridor is better I disagree so we before anybody says we didn't visit Gloucester rd the correct way I explain.

Early on at Sloane square we knew we had missed the circle as it passed us coming into Sloane square so we continued onwards to Gloucester rd and waited for 1 min before going back on circle to Aldgate.

So we held on to hammersmith and took the Edgware rd loop backwards just so we get Richmond train at earls ct to take out west Kensington easily down to Richmond lovely 0 min db and back to Turnham green for the last little bit of district and swift change at acton town to t4 then t123 and t5 rolling in at a good time of 17h 33m 18s.

not a bad time seeing as were held a few times delayed and hardly any running pace needed in fact this really could have gone a lot faster my running pace wasn't anywhere near its fastest and several trains were missed by me in order to get a2 on same train.
RJSRdg
All Zones

Post by RJSRdg »

I've seena few posts about the "correct way" to visit Gloucester Road - what's all that about?
272 stations in 18:30:32
The only person to have used a boat in a Random 15 Challenge!
Tube.b
Zone 1

Post by Tube.b »

RJSRdg wrote:I've seena few posts about the "correct way" to visit Gloucester Road - what's all that about?
it was closed on the pic for most of last year so the "correct way" was either using a district or circle. dosent matter now its open again
Andrew B
2 fnc attempts and completions.
Too optimistic with times