TUBE 33 4TH WORLD RECORD

Write-ups from those with over 21 full network challenge attempts
Starkey7
All Zones

Re: TUBE 33 4TH WORLD RECORD

Post by Starkey7 »

Can't be bothered to read all the above, but I think that it is bad form to mock someone's poor use of English grammar and spelling, unless it is known for certain that it genuinely is laziness or bloody-mindedness.

And whoever it was suggesting that yet another thread (ie this one) be struck from the forum, we'll end up needing to wear carpet slippers to avoid offending anyone. All this thread locking and so on seems a bit childish.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

I'm against thread locking. I don't think it needs to be done unless the vitriol has reached an unacceptable level, or the insults are flying a bit too freely.

We're not at that stage yet in this thread. I would appreciate it if it could stay on the subject of Andi's 4587654th record attempt though ...
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Hear, hear Starkey some of the posts on other Forums I belong to are genuinely quite appalling compared to what goes on in this one.
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

That's because most forums have larger memberships, and don't cover such a niche subject as ours. Also, we don't have hundreds of opinionated 14-year-olds posting crap.

I think the other main reason we're doing so well is because I am clearly the best forum moderator on the internet (is this bit right?)

Carry on.

Member of sweet FA
Root
All Zones

Post by Root »

tubeguru wrote:(is this bit right?)
No.

Or actually, yes. I like my mods/admins to be hands-off, and you're certainly that.
2012 Formula 1 predictions competition
Rules and discussion - Entry form - Results and standings
Garion
All Zones

Post by Garion »

All hail Neil ;)
Zone 1 Winner 2009
02:52:59

Comic Relief 2015
17:42:22
palkanetoijala31

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Moley Now i am going to post this additional writing to this thread and u might say im bad tempered u might even say i have balls to say these things or might u think what a f****ing twat but eh what the hell im controversal have been since the 1st post i ever did.

First of all when Marc Gawley did his record you boy Geoff Marshall was immediately probing him on his route start and finish position and what he did right!correct u notice that i never asked him for his route start or finish position nor for any projected time finishings too much respect for Marc gawleys privacy of route and for what i think takes away a lot of hope for people fact 15h 58m.If i was a new person reading that and think oh my projected time was 16h 46m for example i be put off doing the challenge give or take the swings and roundabouts that happen on challenges to gain time.

I also note Geoff Marshall (and this where the point i actually stick up for you got a lot of us started in tube challenging via the television programmes and via the tube mass get together that must have been some sight loads of people in amersham together for a full network) and is important in any tube challenge search you come up on internet.

but i ask this question Geoff is Marc Gawley still the record holder do you have respect for any other challengers.?

As far as i look back in posts people can think what they like about me but i definately hold up my bargain in respect to those former and present but i sense a dislike from you to me sometimes u dont like my opinions strange that is seeing as i got into the whole thing because of you.You are the person with respect who got the whole train moving so to speak the grease on the wheels so now that im the engine so to speak in therotical terms does the driver have to respect the engine that is pushing the record forward.

You might take this fact into consideration when you post again the respect is from me to you not the other way around i have 4 records more than any other modern tube challenger u have 1 i dont rely on technology i pads internet telephone spreadsheets on next trains 4 person support teams i rely on myself no buses and what my feet can do whilst out of a tube train.

Strange how the voting in other topic is that im not more profilic than yourself as by your own words you do not go out in winter i used too i cut my attempts now to suit my own lifestyle and not having the goals i once had 4 years ago but do u know why i went out may 27th you dont do you and that is the reason why you have figured it out!.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

And breathe ...

Member of sweet FA