TUBE 34 RHYS RIDES THE RAILS

Write-ups from those with over 21 full network challenge attempts
palkanetoijala31

TUBE 34 RHYS RIDES THE RAILS

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

On july 8th i will do the one start i have been meaning to try for years the Chesham start at 05.19 i can then tick off the Rickmansworth curve to my list by my side will be Rhys Jackson obviously my finishing point will be Amersham.
geofftech
All Zones

Re: TUBE 34 RHYS RIDES THE RAILS

Post by geofftech »

trains
Last edited by geofftech on 13 Oct 2013, 14:10, edited 1 time in total.
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Deleting people!

Oh and Rhys was also on Facebook yesterday so no I highly doubt this ludicrous attempt took place :)
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

No wonder he deleted you ...
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

I wasn't the only one and why exactly?

tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Well, you did call him a twat, and just called one of his attempts "ludicrous". I think he's been feeling a bit put upon by people recently, so he's gone off in a strop.

He'll be back for more arguing one day I'm sure ...
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Chesham to Amersham, if that isn't ludicrous then I don't know what is!

He brought everything on himself anyway...

Rhys1995
Zone 5

Post by Rhys1995 »

It's such a pain... I seriously wanted to do this challenge... But couldnt in the end :(
Otherwise known as 'Action Jackson'.
palkanetoijala31

Re: TUBE 34 LOST AT SOUTHWARK

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

right Tube 34 the real one which was started on Friday 9th September Probably one that has changed my mind about the hobby of Tube Challenging.

We have a route which we didnt change from last time out on May 27th it combines mine and steveo strengths the running pace commarderie of running together and along with MR X and our support Glen works well for us.Now for the post made by Sam regarding secrecy we dont really twitter we dont really text message we dont even announce our own attempts to be honest me and steveo couldnt really give 2 hoots about the record or any future holders of it!
sure we like holding the record and hopefully we will hold for a while but as Marc Gawley proved an outsider came along and put a lot of people to shame he didnt reveal anything about his route the date and everybody wants to know why!Man the guy is a legend and used that secrecy thing to his advantage i say well done!

We go out and have a laugh if we are still on for a chance of the record at after 5pm we continue and let might the forum have some info to be honest most of my attempts end up in the pub anyway!So anybody whom does text us just expect that we dont divulge whether we up or down.As a matter of fact as the title suggests i was lost at Southwark because of no electronic board there a snap decision was made by me to run to Borough and got lost so Mr X and Steveo were well ahead so i decided to quit there and then and be support for them.

Now a lot of people wouldnt do that im happy to in fact i dont really care MR X has never held the record before and if things had gone to plan up until part 1 i have stayed until the end ensuring that he at least had the chance!

Mr X sure has a way of the ladies and the men worryingly :roll: and probably with the email addresses that he has got certainly has the tools to be the next generation of the sport i do know that he approached a certain member of the Tube forum and was rebuffed so i was happy for him to come and join us and we will do another attempt together although im slightly getting worried about myself and might just do support for future!

Tube 34 will be my swan song as of publicised attempts i will write a write up after i have done them!

We had no good luck yesterday as a matter of fact a few places certainly went wrong for us but we take the rough with the smooth and came through it and had a good laugh when tube 35 comes around we have the same team!
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Adham is just trying to get a record the easy way!

Yes I said it, Mr X is Adham. What of it?

Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Sam wrote:Adham is just trying to get a record the easy way!

All the names that took part were on the forum for a short while anyway before a certain post was edited, Mr X :roll:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
hopeful traveller
All Zones

Post by hopeful traveller »

I seriously thought someone had hacked into my account until I clicked the topic...
1 FNC Completion (PB: 17:18:18 with G Bryant, A Chilcraft, I MacNaughton)
4 Zone Ones (PB: 03:00:35 with G Bryant)
15 R15s (PB: 01:55:48 with T Cooling and R Jackson)
11 All Lines (PB: 00:44:03)
Winner of the 2014 Formula 1 Side Competition
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

hopeful traveller wrote:I seriously thought someone had hacked into my account until I clicked the topic...
Errm why?

Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Going Underground wrote:
Sam wrote:Adham is just trying to get a record the easy way!

All the names that took part were on the forum for a short while anyway before a certain post was edited, Mr X :roll:
Matt edited his post which contained the names in as he felt it wasn't his place to say but after being treated like dirt when just trying to be friendly has totally changed both his and mine attitude towards it all.

Some people put shed loads of effort into trying to get the record where as others just try to gain glory without any effort being made at all...

The community spirit that used to exsist seems to have vanished, obviously no one wants to reveal their route but ranting and raving because someone dared to send a text asking how it is going is just silly.

Just seems these days people would rather stab each other in the back than anything else....

I guess times change...

Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

Thankfully we still have a great spirit amongst the members that enjoy the Alternative challenges such as the R15 championship as well as the social gatherings; Worthing and Manchester for example this year :D
I think that people are terrified to say anything about full networks routes now as up until 2 years ago when setting on off on each and every attempt you thought that you had a genuine and realistic chance of getting a GWR because the current times were pretty soft/poor. Everyone had times on paper that were easily inside the target, where as now only a few now have....
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold