TUBE 30 BIG BRO AND HEART ATTACKS

Write-ups from those with over 21 full network challenge attempts
palkanetoijala31

TUBE 30 BIG BRO AND HEART ATTACKS

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Well the day for this Started for me at 03.00am getting up to a mug of coffee from a late quiz the night before andMaking a 5 min walk down to the Coach station for 03.30am.Whilst on the coach i managed to get some more good sleep and arriving in heathrow at 05.15 with Birthday boy Soup Dragon picking me up to take me to Chesham.

On the way up i realised that Neil had cancelled his accommodation in Rickmansworth and was meeting Jonty at Liverpool street at 05.00am this i expected and was proved right when they didnt arrive at Chesham at 06.22 so i went down to Chalfront to meet them.After a brief coffee break we headed back to Chesham to start the watch at 07.22 Jonty with a big bag was only doing the morning apparently it probably wasnt a good Bag selection for him as it slowed him down.

Starting off we had no major disruptions until Moor Park where a missing train made us wait 13 mins then at Watford the driver should have according to timetable turned his train around quicker to make up for lost time didnt and led to a 10 min wait there as well.

So out at North Harrow Neil bounding down the stairs made the mistake of going off too fast for a long run to Rayners lane and just after the short inclimb started to slow drastically (Heart Beating too fast which according to his Machine later was a mini heart Attack i didnt kno he had a pacemaker fitted) Jonty was well behind at this point so i spotted Bus H9 which got us there but well slower than my best possible pace.

Thinking on the fly which is something i dont think Neil understood as a tubechallenger i changed the Platform i was on twice to make use of best of a bad situation.

Uxbridge was a great connection in and out 1m and Preston Road was as well 16s in and out (very surprising for me as usually they are bad)This was also a delay in this bit As Neil was feeling hungry i said to him take the chance but be prepared if i shout to come back he didnt and so missed a train because of it.We had also lost Jonty here as he decided he was too slow and didnt want to hold us up anymore.

So Walking to Kenton from Northwick Park i didnt want to run because of Neil i didnt want a death on my hands we got up to Harrow & Whealdstone and a first for me it left from platform 1 why i dont kno the train came and driver turned it around same platform.Departing there gave Neil the oppurtunity to have a sleep he only woke up at Elephant & Castle just and do some corridor running which he hadnt done.

Heading towards West ham i think he had already decided to give up i cant blame him really if he does decide to ever attempt again i suggested perhaps he start on the 04.54 from Upminster close to his house and finish up in the north west corner.that way he has a window of 20h to complete.

For me knowing the fact i had a few hours decided to test a bus route i hadnt on suggestion of neil it doesnt work favourably by the way and work my way back to a point where i was on time despite missing a huge chunk of the network out.

Part 2 alone and released from slow running speed i tested the network out and i hit every connection i wanted without giving the route away here are a few good points.

Victoria to central arr-dep 16m
Piccadilly to Northern 19.5m
Jubille to Northern 9m

all connections were working out brilliantly and i suspect if i had gone alone the amount of minutes that i had lost early in day would have been a lot less with my speed.In all I think Neil learnt the following doing a tube challenge is not good with a pacemaker and its not all about sitting on trains.
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Re: TUBE 30 BIG BRO AND HEART ATTACKS

Post by Sam »

Wow, best warn people not to go out with you if you try and kill them!! :P
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

He nearly stole my thunder, I want to be the first person to croak it on a full network........................

But not for another 25 years of so yet :wink:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Out of interest Andi, at what point in the day did you realise he had a pacemaker?
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
palkanetoijala31

On the Bus h9 on the way to rayners lane.
rhubarbrhubarb
Zone 3

Post by rhubarbrhubarb »

palkanetoijala31 wrote: .... we got up to Harrow & Whealdstone and a first for me it left from platform 1 why i dont kno the train came and driver turned it around same platform.
This does happen quite often, usually when the service is running late or there's a big gap. Avoids the time needed to tip the train out, get it into the siding, change ends, then out into platform 2. It's a signalled move, over the crossover south of the station.
Neilandrewhall
Zone 1

Post by Neilandrewhall »

Yes I no, I nearly had a heart attack can you blame me?? Andi was running at atleast 15mph I was like Calm down!!..

Neil
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

I thought you were a fast runner?
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

That's what he claims...
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

I can vouch, and Andi will back me up on this, that he isn't.
palkanetoijala31

Steeevooo wrote:I can vouch, and Andi will back me up on this, that he isn't.
seconded and perhaps for comic relief 2011 somebody just in case can bring a resucitator along.?