TUBE 28 SARA ATTEMPT SOLO

Write-ups from those with over 21 full network challenge attempts
palkanetoijala31

Re: TUBE 28 SARA ATTEMPT SOLO

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

tubeguru wrote:
palkanetoijala31 wrote:The day started slowly at Harrow on Hill with the worlds slowest train driver!
There was a temporary speed restriction on that part of the Met line yesterday.
They dont tell u that information though do they!
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:
tubeguru wrote:
palkanetoijala31 wrote:The day started slowly at Harrow on Hill with the worlds slowest train driver!
There was a temporary speed restriction on that part of the Met line yesterday.
They dont tell u that information though do they!
No, because they don't cater for tube challengers. We don't tell anyone about it on National Rail either. It's just something that's not considered important enough to pass on.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

Well lets be honest, to a normal passenger, they just want to get to work on time, so they don't care if the limit is 60 or 20 just as long as the train is running :mrgreen:
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

I'm sure that in the British Rail timetable, the speed limits are taken account of in the amended timetable.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

You are correct in one sense. Where weekend engineering work is taking place the timetable will reflect the fact that lines may be closed. But a temporary or emergency speed restriction is just that, so it will not be taken into consideration unless it is part of planned engineering works.
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
rhubarbrhubarb
Zone 3

Post by rhubarbrhubarb »

It's probably not a very good idea to rely too heavily on the Met. line at this particular time. Aside from what seem to be frequent signal failures, Baker Street is currently down to two operational platforms on the Met. side. The 'country' end of island platform 3 and 4 is being rebuilt and extended to take S stock, so the only reversing platform available is no. 1 and through trains to Aldgate just non-stop platform 3. Some (most - ?) Amersham line trains are running only to and from Wembley Park. In theory things should return to normal the week after next but, from what I observed yesterday, there's still a lot of platform construction work to be done.

Roger.
moley
Site Administrator

Post by moley »

rhubarbrhubarb wrote:It's probably not a very good idea to rely too heavily on the Met. line at this particular time. Aside from what seem to be frequent signal failures, Baker Street is currently down to two operational platforms on the Met. side. The 'country' end of island platform 3 and 4 is being rebuilt and extended to take S stock, so the only reversing platform available is no. 1 and through trains to Aldgate just non-stop platform 3. Some (most - ?) Amersham line trains are running only to and from Wembley Park. In theory things should return to normal the week after next but, from what I observed yesterday, there's still a lot of platform construction work to be done.

Roger.
The Met is running an amended timetable and by all accounts its working fairly well. You may find it to your advantage depending upon your route....
Tube Forum administrator. I look after the database to keep this place running smoothly.