TUBE 24 3RD WORLD RECORD

Write-ups from those with over 21 full network challenge attempts
palkanetoijala31

Re: TUBE 24 3RD WORLD RECORD

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Just thinking about i have actually never ran all the way Canons park to Edgware even dudey attempt we at least took bus for a bit of it.as anyone actually ever done it or thought about it!
dudey
Zone 5

Post by dudey »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:Just thinking about i have actually never ran all the way Canons park to Edgware even dudey attempt we at least took bus for a bit of it.as anyone actually ever done it or thought about it!
i think we proved it was certainly doable though. does taking the bus one stop really count as not running the whole thing? is there really much point just running regardless of buses when the best route is along the main road with several buses going where you want? obviously it's worth doing when the roads are gridlocked like on our attempt though. was it 6 buses we overtook?!
palkanetoijala31

dudey wrote:
palkanetoijala31 wrote:Just thinking about i have actually never ran all the way Canons park to Edgware even dudey attempt we at least took bus for a bit of it.as anyone actually ever done it or thought about it!
i think we proved it was certainly doable though. does taking the bus one stop really count as not running the whole thing? is there really much point just running regardless of buses when the best route is along the main road with several buses going where you want? obviously it's worth doing when the roads are gridlocked like on our attempt though. was it 6 buses we overtook?!
At least 6 buses i think the fact that 3 go along that route kind of negates having to run it all most of the time anyway.
Wanstead
Zone 4

Post by Wanstead »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:At least 6 buses i think the fact that 3 go along that route kind of negates having to run it all most of the time anyway.
It seems obvious to me that unless your bus is within sight as you get to the stop outside a given station, you should start running. If the bus you wanted catches you up, so be it. However if it never arrives in the time taken to run to the next station then you're ahead, if exhausted. Then again, depending on the routes of various bus services and the route you're running, you may increase or decrease your chances of getting an alternative bus if you press on. It can be complicated but there are numerous scenarios you can map out, picking the best one on the hoof.
Full Network - Attempts: 1 | Completions: 1 (17h28m57s on 14/09/09)
Sam
The Twilight Zone

Post by Sam »

As has been said, if the roads are gridlocked then you can only gain by running the whole way. No point in sitting in traffic waiting for the bus to get you there if you can get there on foot.
:D First and so far only female solo record holder!! :D

Ze forum's female train driver
palkanetoijala31

[quote="geofftech"]spin? what spin? "now that's what i call a challenge!" (quote: me) is clearly indicative that i think that this is an incredible time - it is!

isn't blackfriars closed at the moment tho? that negates the Wood Lane stop. the whole new timetable probably helped.

of course .. someone could theoretically do the exact same route, be on the same last train ... and just get in 5 seconds faster.Well unless u me,Tangy,Steveo,Sara or Ian Green there is no way u could copy this route geoff r u implying that Steveo and sam used exactly the same route as u in 2006.?

let's face it, Andi will probably be out there at sometime doing just that. trying to shave a few seconds off of his own time![/quote}] it is possible for me to do that but i doubt many would cope wiv the running speed and stamina.
geofftech
All Zones

Post by geofftech »

Last edited by geofftech on 08 May 2019, 09:14, edited 1 time in total.
palkanetoijala31

I was refering to the amount of runs we had to do that day i at 34 beat Tangy aged early 20,s and steveo early 20,s given our route would be hard to copy some bits of it.I was showing off a bit when refering to my stamina if it gives youngsters an incentive to run faster then that is good :) .
Steeevooo
All Zones

Post by Steeevooo »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:I was refering to the amount of runs we had to do that day i at 34 beat Tangy aged early 20,s and steveo early 20,s
What about the runs that I beat you on then?!! :P
palkanetoijala31

Steeevooo wrote:
palkanetoijala31 wrote:I was refering to the amount of runs we had to do that day i at 34 beat Tangy aged early 20,s and steveo early 20,s
What about the runs that I beat you on then?!! :P
U definately beat me on 1 run and a few corrdior runs but i have never been a brilliant corridor runner have u sorted out tangy photos yet.
palkanetoijala31

i like to think of them in terms of 'blocks' - chunks of the network that you do a certain way, and then it's actually just down to what order you do those chunks in, or how you link between them on the day that makes the difference. having a set route and sticking to it is NOT the way to go!

yes there are of course certain chunks that everybody does the same way its the way u include them in ur own route i doubt anybody could exactly copy another persons route get exactly the same buses the same runs etc! Funnily apart from the timings which fluctuated from plan a to plan z we apart from 1 little bit we actually stuck to our set route.
tubeguru
Site Administrator

Post by tubeguru »

Are you trying to quote someone again?
One thing only do I know, and that is that I know nothing - Socrates.

Champion of bugger all, 2004 to 2022
Member of sweet FA
palkanetoijala31

tubeguru wrote:Are you trying to quote someone again?

trying to quote a bit of geoffs but couldnt figure how to do a little.?
Wanstead
Zone 4

Post by Wanstead »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:
tubeguru wrote:Are you trying to quote someone again?

trying to quote a bit of geoffs but couldnt figure how to do a little.?
Move the "[/quote]" mark up to the point where you want the quote to end and delete any part of the original text you don't want included.

Also, use the [Preview] button to see how it looks before posting. :wink:
Full Network - Attempts: 1 | Completions: 1 (17h28m57s on 14/09/09)
tpfkar
Zone 4

Post by tpfkar »

Congratulations - superb time.

I ran Edgware to Canon's Park once, up the hill so ran out of gas towards the end, but I could see there was no train coming.

The first time I did it I got hopelessly lost and did a 30 min Edgware->jog->stop and look at map->Swear->hobble->Kingsbury connection :)