TUBE 23 CHILDREN IN NEED ATTEMPT 2009

Write-ups from those with over 21 full network challenge attempts
palkanetoijala31

TUBE 23 CHILDREN IN NEED ATTEMPT 2009

Post by palkanetoijala31 »

Me and Steveoo and Mullardo set off from Amersham at 05.25.57 The previous night was really a booze up by myself Mullardo (james) was on the orange juice.#

So we set off at inevitable signal failure meant the 1st train going up to Chesham at 06.14 there we were met up with Team brown whom had overslept apparently and good conversation was had up to North Harrow.

Our plan was to run as a team me or steve goes ahead and the other keeps james moving whom,s opionion of his full network will be an interesting read.

Run down to Rayners Lane was uneventful i even caught the Browns train at Rayners lane so knew they would make their connection unless they were really slow and it was packed to the gills.Spent a couple of minutes on the phone to Steveoo and they arrived just in time for a train out James looked really unwell for at least 10 mins afterwards.

Our highlights were of the day

16s Preston road in and out this was 52x faster than the brown team which we had a good chuckle.

1 min at upminster to c2c
tube into Ken o and train out time taken 1 min
perfect mill hill east and Hainault loops made with only 3 mins of waiting time.
jamesthegill
All Zones

Re: TUBE 23 CHILDREN IN NEED ATTEMPT 2009

Post by jamesthegill »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:James looked really unwell for at least 10 mins afterwards.
I know exactly how he felt, after the attempt I did two years ago :)
Holder of the slowest recorded 274 attempt: 4 months, 1 day, 9 hours, 17 minutes, 32 seconds.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

jamesthegill wrote:
palkanetoijala31 wrote:James looked really unwell for at least 10 mins afterwards.
Poor James the 1st run of the day a little beauty to Rayners Lane with the "marathon man" and "the flying Finn" who doesn't think twice about running Canons Park :arrow: Edgware if a bus isn't in sight or probably the full network if the rules allowed.
I hate it when most non-challengers say things like "don't you get bored sitting on trains all day" Some chance :roll:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
palkanetoijala31

Going Underground wrote:
jamesthegill wrote:
Poor James the 1st run of the day a little beauty to Rayners Lane with the "marathon man" and "the flying Finn" who doesn't think twice about running Canons Park :arrow: Edgware if a bus isn't in sight or probably the full network if the rules allowed.
I hate it when most non-challengers say things like "don't you get bored sitting on trains all day" Some chance :roll:
Did u just say running the entire network all 270 stations what would be ur criteria for evidence of that kevin a picture of all 270 stations sounds like a challenge to me.
Going Underground
The Twilight Zone

Post by Going Underground »

A challenge all right, how many days/weeks would it take does anyone estimate :?:
Twice former full network GWR holder and former Zone 1 Olympic and World Record holder with The Raven and Soupie
Tube personality of the year 2009
Twice Winter Olympic Biathlon Gold Medalist with The Beer Baron
2008 All Lines Olympic Gold
Soup Dragon
The Twilight Zone

Post by Soup Dragon »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:16s Preston road in and out this was 52x faster than the brown team which we had a good chuckle.
We have to admit to a little "Red Herring" here. between Northwick Park & Preston Road an amazing THREE Met trains passed us and upon arrival Preston Road the board was showing 14 minutes! I rushed outside on bus watch for the bus to South Kenton but kevin did not believe that the board was right. He was correct because a train arrived within 5 minutes (although never shown on the board)
One day I shall return!
palkanetoijala31

Going Underground wrote:A challenge all right, how many days/weeks would it take does anyone estimate :?:
Now if anybody would like to help me with this challenge by offering accommodation in london area download facilities for camera to computer i might take this up the week i have off in dec or march
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Going Underground wrote:I hate it when most non-challengers say things like "don't you get bored sitting on trains all day" Some chance :roll:
Absolutely. We haven't had a chance for a return game of cribbage even, have we?
palkanetoijala31

Starkey7 wrote:
Going Underground wrote:I hate it when most non-challengers say things like "don't you get bored sitting on trains all day" Some chance :roll:
Absolutely. We haven't had a chance for a return game of cribbage even, have we?
I still like Mullardo to do a report of how his day went because it be an interesting read.
greatkingrat
All Zones

Post by greatkingrat »

palkanetoijala31 wrote:
Going Underground wrote:A challenge all right, how many days/weeks would it take does anyone estimate :?:
Now if anybody would like to help me with this challenge by offering accommodation in london area download facilities for camera to computer i might take this up the week i have off in dec or march
No way could you do it in a week. I reckon it would be about 250 miles at least.
Soon to be yet another forum train driver
palkanetoijala31

greatkingrat wrote:
palkanetoijala31 wrote:
No way could you do it in a week. I reckon it would be about 250 miles at least.
if that is true 250 miles then i have to cover 50 miles a day given a 20h wimdow 1st to last trains thats means a 2.5mph walking pace which is more than easy
Starkey7
All Zones

Post by Starkey7 »

Why would you be constrained to first and last trains? And I think that you ought to allow yourself more like eight hours per night with all that exertion.
palkanetoijala31

For Steeevooo benefit i have decided to produce this photo of cin day which as u can see didnt go to plan guess the station if u can.
tube 19 037.jpg
Ps steeevoo u cant enter neither can u mullardo
tangy
Site Administrator

Post by tangy »

I think it is.....

......somewhere on the LU network!!!
Adjudicator of the Alternative Challenges and webmaster of the Tube Challenge "Top Times" website at www.explorerticket.co.uk/tubechallenge

This is a Central line train to "Woodford via Hainault"- sadly, not no more!

Tangy.
palkanetoijala31

I got u stumped Mr Tangy well now u know how it feels :lol: :lol: :lol: